3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Shot Glove  (Read 1187 times)

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Shot Glove
« on: June 09, 2007, 03:03:00 AM »
I recently gave up my Damascus glove because I didn't like how it got hot because it covered my whole hand I did like the look and feel but my hand would be soaked so I switched to a calf skin tab. I like the tab but my fingers dont stay in one position because the calf skin is so smooth. I seen a lot of my fellow Tradgangers shooting the Big Shot im wondering how good is this glove really?

Does it give a better release then both your average glove and tab? And can you shoot a deep hook with it? I noticed that it only covers the top of your hand and the bottom of your hand is open which is what I like then my hand wont be soaked in sweat on a hot summer day. Would any of you have a pic of the glove from a few different angles so I can see how much of it covers your fingers? BTW a deep hook for me is almost to the second joint Thanks guys.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Shot Glove
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 04:24:00 AM »
i have heard only good things about this glove so i jumped in and ordered one still waiting for it to arrive!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
I have one and have shot them for 3 years. I now shoot a D.A.M Glove and gotta say I like it better. Nothing wrong with the Bigshot. But I just found the DAM  better for me.At least for now.LOL  For me these are tyhe 2 best gloves out there.<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
Big Shot is the best glove I've ever used....haven't tried anything else in the last 4 years, and haven't worn one out yet.

No binding seems, no hard corners, and no need to modify.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
I just looked at the ad for the Big Shot glove...it says it has neopreme to increase comfort on the knuckles...how does that go over in warm weather? and how does it hold up in heavy use?  Kirk

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
I don't want to high jack the thread , but how are they when you hunt in a driving rain and they get wet?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 11:33:00 AM »
Yup.. been using the same Big Shot Glove for two years now, and going strong. I liked it so much I bought an extra one to stash away for the future.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 11:55:00 AM »
Heat, rain, heavy use........no problem.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
ttt
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
My advice with ANY glove is to buy one where you can try it on first.  I ordered the Big Shot Slick Shot with a trace of my hand--it wasn't right.  Sent it back (no problem at all doing that), got it back, still wasn't right.  I'm sure I could have sent it back again, but wound up giving it away instead.

I'll probably try one again--I've noticed more vendors carrying them--but I'll try them on until I find the one that fits me right.  

As a side note, I'm pretty picky about glove fit.

Chad

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 12:09:00 PM »
Another question, elk or buffalo?
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2007, 12:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by Stone Knife:
Another question, elk or buffalo?
I was wondering the same thing whats the diffrence?

I have a pretty good sized mit on me should I go with the biggest size they have?
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »
BTW can this be shot with a deep hook?
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 12:42:00 PM »
Elk or Buffalo is a matter of preference. I chose Elkskin which is very soft, and looks nice. Deep Hook is not a problwm at all.. the benefit of the big shot glove is that you can shoot with a deep hook, and never worry about those deep indents you get in the creases like with other leather gloves. I would recommend faxing or sending them a sketch of your hand. If you have a big hand (the glove tends to be a little snug at first) extra large probably would be ok.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline waknstak IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2007, 03:02:00 PM »
I've had mine almost a year and have been very pleased. No sore fingers. Not cheap but a very good glove imho.
"You can't have NO in your heart"- Joe Dirt

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2007, 03:09:00 PM »
Thats good to know that they dont make a groove that was a big problem with my Damascus the groove seemed to catch the string and alter arrow flight that is another reason why I went to the tab.
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Richard in OK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
I've had the elk glove for about two weeks and shot it several times. I have rather small hands and I ordered the MED. It fits fine. The finger stalls are tight at first (they explain this in the note that comes with the glove) and will loosen up as you use it. At first it's difficult to get your fingers all the way to the end to shoot a deep hook, but I think it will work out fine. I noticed that my shooting was better at once.

Richard

Offline James Wrenn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2007, 04:04:00 PM »
Well I guess I am the only one that don't care for them. :)Too thick for me and I like gloves with a closed palm best.I like to feel the string and my anchor.Someone gave me a new buffaloe glove for christmas and I sold it this week.One of the best made and looking gloves there is but just not for me.
....Quality deer management means shooting them before they get tough....

Offline 2Blade

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2007, 04:35:00 PM »
Now the next question does anyone wanna sell one lol
The Stuttering Bowhunter

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Had one before they were popular (they're local). Craftsmanship   :thumbsup: , materials   :thumbsup: , fit   :thumbsup: . Could never get used to it though.  Went back to a Martin or Grizzly. Personal preference I guess.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©