3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Traditional Expo and ILF systems...(ILF in general ???)  (Read 855 times)

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
Traditional Expo and ILF systems...(ILF in general ???)
« on: January 31, 2011, 10:06:00 PM »
First I want to thank the fine people at Zipper and Dryad for taking the time to explain all the different things that I can get myself into in regards to ILF…a lot of great info!

My initial thought is to get a riser from Zipper (probably a 15” SXT) and a set of XL Longbow limbs from Dryad…hopefully to make a 62” complete bow.  I don’t have all the info in front of me but I think I can get a combo with a 15” riser and XL limbs and get a 64” longbow but I’m not sure (might need a 19” for this).

I’ve also looked at other risers…TradTech Titan 17”…this would give some other options with overall bow length with the different limb lengths.

I was trying to keep up on all the different combos and what the finished length would be.

What has everyone been doing?

While I was there I picked up a catalog that had a lot of options with other riser lengths…19”, 21”, 23” and 25” but they are mainly for target shooters (longer limb/riser combos).  

Hope this made sense!

Thanks,

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Traditional Expo and ILF systems...(ILF in general ???)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
Josh, seems like Jim Belcher has some great ILF information out somewhere. I hear his SKY ILF limbs were awesome on Bill's riser. I din't take the time to shoot that combo so just repeating what I heard. ILF is too confusing for me right now and I'm pretty happy with the nice 1/2 dozen bows I own right now.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Hey Josh,I realy enjoyed our talk.Im glad you liked the ILF risers,we got alot of great feedback on them all weekend.They will be available in 13"15"and 17".The 17" is not finished yet.I am also still working on our ILF Evolution recurve and longbow limbs.

If you match up a pair of XL limbs and a 15" riser you will have a 62" bow.

There was another guy at K-zoo who thought the Zipper riser and Dryad limbs were a good match.He took one of each home with him.

We are working on a chart that will make selecting the right length limb and riser combo alot more simple.Also a chart that will help with selecting the right weight limbs for a given riser.

Offline Oliverstacy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 05:15:00 PM »
Bill,

Thanks again…you and your wife were a ton of help along with the Mike and Jason at Dryad!

Which riser was set up with longbow limbs…I think it was Macassar/Bacote or Macassar/Zebrawood but I can’t remember exactly, the grip was great and I think it was a 13”.  You had another riser that was separate and the same…not sure if it was an SXT or and SRX (hopefully these were the models).  

Can you post some pictures of the 17” riser you have in the works?  

Anyone else have ILF combos that want to share?

Josh
Custom Flemish Strings by Oliverstacy!  
Kanati 60" 57@29"
AP Cumberland 66" 58@29"
WhisperStik KajikaStik 56" Recurve with Canebrakes...57@28"
WhisperStik KajikaStik aka "Wormy" RC & LB,both 55@29"
Martin Savannah 50@28"
Kota Kill-um 55@28"

Offline 2hats

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 05:47:00 PM »
I own a couple ILF setups from Morrison and I have been quite happy with mine.I know there are many more now available,but for me when I switched last year it was the best thing I ever done.I am shootin carbon foam limbs(longbow and recurve)on a mini 14 and a 15 riser.I have a short draw and these excede all my needs.Have fun with them and once you start shootin them you will wonder why you didn't sooner   :)   My .02
You do not realize now what I am doing,but later you will understand.Book of John
Bow list just keeps on growing and growing.....

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 06:52:00 PM »
The one with the longbow limbs was a 13".
Sorry, I dont have a finished 17" to show you.
Bill

Offline riverrat 2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
I shoot Morrison mini ILF riser set-ups also.
love the long working limbs on these risers. they
draw like butter. The SKY limbs are very nice,and
Jim Belcher is a nice guy to boot. waiting for my static tip limbs to get completed at Dryad
to set up another "spare" mini riser. The change-ability of ILF is wonderful. Just like a small
block Chevy! LOL.
Make certain your exhausted when you reach them Pearly Gates.

Offline Real Buckmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
Im with 2hats and the riverrat. i have 2 Ilf morrioson bows and two extra sets of limbs. I can shoot from a 56" bow to a 62" bow. From 40 to 55Lbs. I wont buy another regular recurve. Love the options and adjustments I can make. It is the smoothest/quietest/ fastest recurve I have shot in 35 years. I shoot around 42#s and it out performs most of the 50 to 60 lb bows.

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 02:43:00 PM »
I am switching over to ILF recurves after continuing bow elbow issues thought the heavier metal riser would help.  I currently have a 19 inch Avian Bear paw riser I just got matched up with the medium TT carbon foam limbs for a 62 inch bow which is not fully to its sweet spot.  I had a Morrison mini 13 ILF I had to get rid of it because I hated the low longbow style wrist, but a beautiful set up compared to the metal.
I have a SKY TDX 17 with medium limbs for a 60 inch bow that I ordered from a local shop on December 17th, but hasnt come yet.  I wanted to give a local business some money but in hind sight could have had 2 delivered from Lancaster already!  Anyhow I have limbs short, medium and long from 42# to 55# depending on the riser.  I think I am going to end up with a 15, 17 and maybe keep the 19 inch riser to make bows from 56 to 64 inches long.  My last riser the 15 I'm going to send Bob my Great Plains Swift curve to model the high wrist grip for a 15 inch ILF set up for my last riser.  Really like the flexibility of the ILF!
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 05:22:00 PM »
Welcome to the world of ILF Josh.  I would agree with all that has been said here.  What riser and limbs you choose all boils down to what you are looking for, what material you like, and what feels good in your hand.  Some of the best people in the business are offering ILF options.

When I first got interested in ILF bows, I made the mistake of buying what many people were selling at the time about the "limitations" of ILF such as lack of adjustment, safety, noise, etc.  My only advise to you would be this...

Don't believe it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©