3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: OJAM  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Butts

• Trad Bowhunter
OJAM
« on: January 11, 2007, 04:41:00 PM »
Just curious if there was going to be another one this year? Last year was a great time.
As you swim the river of life, do the breast stroke. It helps clear the turds from your path.  George Carlin

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: OJAM
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »
Definitely going to be one, but the date hasn't been finalized and advertised yet.  One of the last 2 weekends in March is about as close as it can get until Doug and Terry make it official.

Can't wait to find out for sure, so I can start  making plans.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Online Tater John

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 07:49:00 PM »
Wheres it held this year?  Dougs new barn?

Rusty
"Mystic rhythms,Under northern lights or the African sun,Primitive things stir the hearts of everyone"

Offline Ralph Renfro

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
Gentlemen, I'm quite sure it's the weekend of March 23rd,24th, and 25th. However, the DieHards will be setting up camps on the 22nd. We handed out about 500 flyers to interested persons at the Oklahoma Wildlife Expo in Guthrie, the first weekend in September. I'm certain we'll be in the same location, at Doug's Dad's farm.
Ralph
Building Bows Is Only Half The Fun, The Other Half Is Passing That Knowledge On!

Offline Dryrot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Dang, I had thought it was the weekend before! Good thing my boss has been slow about getting the vacation schedule promulgated... Whatever weekend, I intend to be there on Thursday.
Larry

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »
Me too.  Can't wait to see everyone again.  Sure hope the weather cooperates a little better this year.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Offline jchunt4ever

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Forgive my ignorance, but what is OJAM exactly? Is there a website or somewhere I could find out some information on it? I have been shooting traditional for a few years now and live in Oklahoma, but never been to any sort of a traditional event, so I am certainly interested.
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
--Fred Bear

Offline shawnee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2007, 02:15:00 PM »
Check out these 2 links for a little information and some pics.

http://media.putfile.com/OJAM-II

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/N/Terry.J.Newman-1/

Basically it's a smaller version of MOJAM...just a bunch of guys that get together around Stillwater and have a weekend of bowbuilding, flintknapping, shooting, and fun for 3 days in March.

If you are close enough and can make it, it's definitely worth the trip.
Well, who'da thunk it!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©