3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hoyt Buffalo vs. Dorado  (Read 350 times)

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
Hoyt Buffalo vs. Dorado
« on: February 05, 2011, 07:33:00 AM »
Has anyone here owned both bows? If so what's the difference as far as shooting them?

The price of the Dorado is appealing, however the reviews I have read of the Buffalo make me think the extra money might be well spent.

I have wanted a Dorado for some time and the tax return is on its way. Not sure now which way to go. Thanks,

Scott.
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Member Oklahoma Longbowmen

Offline dad

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hoyt Buffalo vs. Dorado
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 10:34:00 AM »
Why don't you look for a used one in the Dorado and try it out. They can be had for around 275.00 to 350.00 used and in excellent condition. That way you would know. The Buffalo is very new I would let that one be out for a while and see its track record its pros and cons and quirks. The Dorado you can do a search and fine tons of info on them- the track record.

Offline Chaz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Fred Eichler who the Buffalo is fashioned after took MANY big and small game animals with his Dorado , personally I believe it's big marketing hype [yes I'm sure it's a great bow however] I say buy the Dorado and take the wife out to dinner with the rest[and maybe a dozen shafts as well  :)  ]] good luck either way!--->
Love God, love your neighbor!

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
I never have had the oppurtunity to shoot a dorado, I like my buffalo really well. However I think if you take the time to tune the perfect arrow to your bow and shoot alot you can become very good and very comfortable with almost any bow. I feel the high end production bows and the customs have alot of features that make them more forgiving to the element of human error. I have a low end Martin Jag that I tuned to shoot off of the shelf and I could shoot it very well until I started shooting the Buffalo and now when I switch back to the jag I have to fling a few arrows to shoot some sort of a group with it. I think you should by what you want and spend the time to properly tune it and alot of practice and you will be able to shoot with pride. Good luck with whatever you decide.  :campfire:
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by Chaz:
I say buy the Dorado and take the wife out to dinner with the rest[and maybe a dozen shafts as well   :)   ]] good luck either way!--->
Don't have to worry about a wife to take to dinner, It's just me and my son here and he loves bows too...   :)

But thanks everyone for your opinions, I will take them all into consideration.

Scott.
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Offline monkeyball

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
They both carry 19" risers and as far as I know the limbs are still Hoyts own. I really do not know how there can be much difference unless you go with the shorter(58") Buffalo.

Good Shooting,
                                        Craig

Offline iawoody2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
I own and shoot both, along with several others. I do feel the Buffalo is a more natural point and shoot. I have been shooting it for about 3 months. It just seems to go right where you are looking. There are not very bows that have done that for me, and I have owned alot of bows since I started nearly 60 years ago.
Bowhunter since 1959

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Originally posted by iawoody2:
It just seems to go right where you are looking.
I am amazed at how many people I have heard this from. I really want to shoot one, nobody here has one in stock.
In fact they said it would take a couple months to get one. Said Hoyt cannot keep up with demand.

Scott.

Offline Mr.Chuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
I've shot the dorado for two years now.  Checking the specs of the buffalo, they are close to the same for a 60 inch bow.  The only difference is the buff weighs a few oz's less and the limb attachment is in favor of the hoyts newest olympic target bow.  Other then that,  I don't see how the buff is that much better then the dorado to spend all that extra money.  And of course Echler is marketing it based on his accomplishments with the dorado! and the riser is a different looking riser without the limbs attached! Oh yes,  the grip is closer to a longbow grip on the buff bow.  Very low wrist.

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
Aren't the length specs wrong--they show 58&60" but are really 60&62"? Will the Dorado grip work on the Buff?

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
I think the specs are 58 -62 I belive that is what I heard

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 05:57:00 PM »
yea. they are wrong ckanous is right 60-62

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
Yeah, iawoody2 also verified this to be true. Thanks

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©