3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Chet Stevenson Bows  (Read 157 times)

Offline sloaf

• Trad Bowhunter
Chet Stevenson Bows
« on: February 06, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
After reading the Old Bowhunter's Den and seeing the pictures I am very curious if anyone has pictures or owns one of Chester's bows.  His static recurve tips look like works of art from afar in the book.  To say they have mojo is an understatement.  It looks like they go past 90 degrees.  Visually I find these bows stunning.  I was hoping someone could snap a photo or two and post it to give me some detail on his craftmanship.  Being in the midwest I think my chances are slim of ever encountering one. I am glad his book was published so I had a chance to meet him indirectly.  He must have been a carefull bowstringer. Did he develop any bowstringing tools?  Thanks for any insights.

Grant
If your shooting stinks, work with a Form master.  It'll bring back your A game.

Offline Irish Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Chet Stevenson Bows
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 01:37:00 AM »
One of the best books that I have. Would loved to have met the man.

Offline BMejia

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
Great book, one of my favorites! Interested to see if anyone has more info. TBM had some of his stuff on a cover last year.

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
I don't own one of Chet Stevenson's bows, but have held a few.  Along with nice bows, he made really nice arrows also.  His bows were one of the things that inspired me to try my hand at making my own.

RonP

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©