3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Getting excited for Autumn  (Read 846 times)

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Getting excited for Autumn
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2007, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks everyone  :)
It's an honor coming from such accomplished archers as all of you!

Just sorta happy that I'm able to maintain something even though it's not all that,
nice to be able to share my excitement about this season and the real challenge (venison on the table) I could live off that and my other passion....fishing!  :)

The bow is Frank's with the lighter set of limbs and the arrows are too but found they shoot very well for me...the best arrows I have ever shot even with the mis-matched fletching.

Testing resumes in a few weeks so hopefully it's just a small rupture and can be resloved fast...
I'm getting way too antsy
    :bigsmyl:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Great shooting and so wonderful to hear you doing better. Don't over do it, we all want you to be in the woods this fall.  You are in all our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! We think the world of ya!!   :campfire:  

Brent

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
"It's an honor coming from such accomplished archers as all of you!"

Shell, Darlin'.....I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat!!!!!

Get Well Soon!!!!! God Bless.....
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 12:05:00 PM »
Good shooting Shell, get well soon!
Bill
Aim Small

Online ozarkcherrybow1

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Great to hear that you're doing better Shell! Prayer Works! Looking forward to reading your huntin adventures this fall. Keep up the good work and we'll keep praying for the Lord's healing......Terry

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Brent, You are so kind and are a true friend  :)  ...I do need to take it slow even though I'm really anxious...I was out practicing with the Marriah Williwaw that I received from my wonderful friend Terry Riley and is a bit heavier # bow than my LB but very smooth draw and able to shoot accurately, only for a short time frame (for right now)...a very fast bow and beautiful in every aspect!
I love a one piece in either LB or Recurve, something about those lines....
(love the arrows that you sent to Frank....they are amazing!)  :bigsmyl:  

So much to do up there and so little time!

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
Terry,   You're awesome! Thank you for your kindness and support and patience most of all with me...but especially, your prayers...

I know He won't lead me where He can't see me through.

I'm happy for progress....and blessed with friends like you  :)

Offline whitebuffalo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2007, 09:06:00 PM »
Great shooting there Shell,, Hope you feel better soon and prayers from the Bobb family on there way,,God bless,,Oh ya Great shooting,,JB
TGMM

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 06:41:00 AM »
Shell, didn't know your a fly fisher also, no wonder we get along so good! nothing like the solitude and peacefulness of a nice trout stream to re-charge ones life batteries! it can also be a good way to scout deer too!

I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »
Tell me you took some of those spotted rascals with those flies I tied in my younger days, Ken - or did they all fall apart from age - LOL
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 09:48:00 AM »
Thanks Jason  :)  
(Beautiful deer in your profile) obviously "great shooting" of your own!   :thumbsup:  

Ken, That is BEAUTIFUL! I learned the first time on the Wolf river when I was 15 (mom wanted to get me away from the city for the summer to stay with my friend and her parents who moved up from our block to Shawano then finally Gresham)...the first week it was so quiet, I was'nt used to that & was very restless...but after all the scenery, peaceful walks in the forests and wildlife, I did'nt want to come back.

Never was exposed to a deer until the day I walked outside to the tall reeds at the edge of our woods and kicked up some doe bedding down, scared me half to death listening to all that hissing, huffing and puffing as they jumped up...

Seeing wolves and bald eagles in the wild was unbelievable to me.

The very first time I was exposed to hunting and real fishing...it's something how nature can do that to a person's soul.

Archery was a normal thing to do on the weekends for youth activities and got a real taste of it, I truly fell in love!

I am very thankful I got to do this and thanks so much for sharing that picture, it brings back peaceful memories  :)
  :campfire:

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Excellent!!!!!  Hope you get feeling better, and I can't even shoot that good when I am feeling my best...LOL!!!!  

Great post and the best of luck to you!!!!!!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline wmcclendon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Shell that's a great story.  It's great how nature can touch ones life and show them where real beauty is.  I too love some trout fishing.  Those beautiful gems live in the most spectacular places!

I'm glad you're feeling better and I hope you make your goal of hunting this year.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©