3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Essential Encounters  (Read 1678 times)

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
Essential Encounters
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
What is the status of the dvd? Did anybody get any info at Kalamazoo? Last I saw the guys thought they would possibly have some at expo.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Offline xtrema312

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Essential Encounters
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
There is a long thread about this.  Issues with quality on the  copies.  Last I read they were not in the mail, but sounds like they are close.
1 Timothy 4:4(NKJV)
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received with thanksgiving.

Firefly Long Bow  James 4:14
60" MOAB 54@29 James 1:17

Michigan Longbow Association

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
They are having problems with the company doing the DVD replicating.  The brothers will not alow them to put out anything but perfection.  Gene, Barry, Mike, David, and Mark are doing everything they can to make sure we have the DVD they intended it to be in our hands ASAP.

It is not only frustrating to us, but very frustrating to the brothers.  They have worked very hard on this and believe it will surpass Primal Dreams in every way.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Surpass Primal Dreams?Holy moly...  :eek:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Offline Bryan Burkhardt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2011, 09:45:00 PM »
If the "teaser loop footage" shown at Kzoo was any indication, this video is going to be fantastic!
You can increase your wealth by counting your blessings

Offline Dusty Nethery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bryan Burkhardt:
If the "teaser loop footage" shown at Kzoo was any indication, this video is going to be fantastic!
+1

I bet I watched the loop three times while I was there.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »
Don't worry, The wait will be worth It. Hope to see It  very soon though.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline magnus

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 10:33:00 AM »
Thanks Guru!
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
 Turkey Flite Traditional  
[email protected]

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Nice to know the brothers are fighting for a quality product.  Excited to see it!  Will fill the "deer season is over and turkeys are not here yet" blues.
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 11:48:00 AM »
Same heard here with the replicator. Coming to a home theater, soon as the problem is resolved.

Earl

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 11:55:00 AM »
I dunno Guru...those guys do have shifty eyes.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Any chance we might see the loop from K'zoo here?

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
The quality of this site and the quality that the "Brothers" put out is not a coincidence. It will be worth the wait.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Sharptop

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Primal Dreams was a class A movie type production to me. Don't see how this one could be better but I've got it on order. Not the least bit concerned with a delay.

Offline bawana bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
I've ordered 4 copies and have already given away 2 of them. Even the guys I gave them to are willing to wait till I receive them to get theirs.
Don't know anyone that isn't willing to wait for a quality piece of work. And don't know anyone that has any issues with the Brothers.
But Biggie has a point, at times they do have shifty eyes   :laughing: .

Offline Phil Tuccillo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
Yeah what huntryx said! I would love a teaser while I wait patiently for it to arrive. I don't mind waiting either, if it is half as good as primal dreams it will be worth it in my book.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
After reading the "stinging comment" on the earlier post I guess I need to weigh in on this.  When it comes to the Essential Encounters project I'm an "insider"; the DVD jacket and disk art are mine as well as the print and Web promotion. Here's what I know: This film is very close to the Wensel and Mitten brothers hearts.  It represents years of videography, music selection, narration, and editing work and is nothing short of a labor of love . . . this thing is full of blood, sweat, and tears, not to mention a substantial financial committment.

For the record, there's probably no one reading this that wants to see the finished product any more than I do, however, sometimes a project runs into totally unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the producers.  The guys fully expected to have the first delivery of DVDs from the replicator by Kalamazoo, however, upon seeing the product about to be delivered decided to bite the bullet and redirect. The decision was made to delay release in order to insure that their DVD was presented in the best possible way.  Each time a decision to delay production was made it was to insure technical quality and to maintain their artistic vision.  

From the beginning there has been a committment to excellence and this is certainly not the time to compromise for the sake of deadlines drawn in the sand.  As we all know those "lines" often shift whenever the winds blows and the direction can be fickle at that. As many have already posted, it's sure to be completed soon and will definitely be worth the wait.
Gary Logsdon

Offline ChuckC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
Gary.  I am pretty certain that most of us really want to see it,  but could wait as long as we need to for it to be right.

As long as the boys come straight and tell us what's up (and they have)I for one don't care if it takes another month or two.  

I loved the first one, and I hear that this one is as good or better.  I don't want to see a crap copy just to get it out to us.   Let them take what time is needed and get us something that we will treasure.

Course, I think they just may have shifty eyes as stated above.  I am gonna go hunt with them Wensel's in a month at Lamb's head and I will shake Barry upside down at that point (with help. .  I'm not Schaef)if need be.   Actually, that might be fun anyway !

Take your time.  We can wait.
ChuckC

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Yeah I am with Biggie on this one, they do have shifty eyes. I guess you could depend on Marty to stand up for Gene, after all it was Gene who bragged on Marty's chicken stalking abilities last year. Meber' that Marty?
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 03:38:00 PM »
I received this email from Gene's wife, Donna last week.  Top notch folks, and no problem for me.  Delays happen due to unforseen circumstances and "technical difficulties".  It'll be worth the wait.

Donna wrote:
"I am sorry about the delay in your DVD, Essential Encounters.  We have been having a great deal of problems with the company who are reproducing our DVD. They have missed three dead lines for our order.  We are trying to settle this as soon as possible.  We are ready to pull the plug and start with another company.  We hope to have your copy in your hands as soon. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact me.  Again we are all very sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Both The Wensels and Mittens are working on this problem."
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©