3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Essential Encounters  (Read 1677 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Essential Encounters
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Is that sarcasm.....just asking   :wavey:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Drew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2011, 08:49:00 AM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
I dunno Guru...those guys do have shifty eyes.
That's what I thought biggie..at Kzoo Mike slipped my money in a envelope I thought read "Alaska Hunt" and just kept distracting me about printing my name and address clearly.   :notworthy:
Just a Coyote Soul out wandering...

Offline 1screagle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
I was with Mike Mitten yesterday, it was awesome to meet him, talk with him and see some of his achievements. Some of the greatest achievements come from the compiling of all the film footage that he and his brothers have taken as well as the Wensels. Primal Dreams is as great as everyone says, who could argue? It is an awesome way to tell a very moving story. Mike gave my girl friend Ellen and I a good look at Essential Encounters. It was an early version that has glitches in it. This new DVD is so good that the quality of the finished product needs to be as perfect as the quality of the content. I saw the glitches as Mike pointed them out. The Wensels and Mittens are doing everyone good by standing by their committment to on offer the best they can give us. I can say from what I saw, I'm even more excited to get my own copy in my hands asap! It's everything they have been saying it is, a perfect follow to Primal Dreams and I can say in all truthfulness and sincerity, it is all that Gene says it will be. If you liked Primal Dreams you will love Essential Encounters. Whats crazy is the amount of time these men put into this effort. The tons of hours and all that you didn't see that wasn't added or even filmed. This kind of work only comes from deep passion which influences all of us that knows what that fire feels like. God Bless them and the story they tell.
3 Wes Wallace Recurves,
2 original Mentors & 1 B-Model Mentor
3 Wes Wallace Longbows
1 Dwyer Defiant "Legolas"

www.stoneartistllc.com

Online swp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2011, 09:33:00 AM »
You mean those boys are still in the country??? I figured they were in some warm non-extradition Caribbean country, drinking fruity alcoholic beverages with umbrellas on top of them and laughing about how they took all of those goofs on TG by "telling them they had a new movie coming out."
"People say you can't go back, its like when you get to the edge of a cliff and you take one more step forward or you do a 180 degree turn and take one more step forward. Which way are you going? Which one is progress?" Doug Tompkins

Offline matthewp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
Good things come to those who wait!  Patience is the key....  This dvd will be awesome, there is no doubt in my mind.  Well worth the wait!!!!!!!!!

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
Gene and Barry are in Texas and can't read these post. I feel and understand all of your anxiety and can laugh with you if WE all weren’t so frustrated. Thank you so much for the kind words 1screagle. You truly are a great artist. 1screagle dropped off a picture he etched into solid granite. We as traditional bowhunters always seem to want to connect to our past. In this case Paul and Bart are showcased in rock from Kenn’s hands. Essential Encounters will also connect you to our past. Know that I am waiting along with you guys, and feel your excitement. I hope the moderators can see we are all in this together and please don't hold to much weight to our gesting. Thank you all for your support. We are greatly humbled. Mike

Offline smoke1953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
Guess I have to work on my camera angles.

Offline lil jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
yea i had a long talk with gene, barry, and mike on sunday at kalamazoo. it was 10 days from that sunday that they would have the dvds in... apparently the quality in the original copy wasnt good enough so they sent it back to have it redone... i cant wait 2 c it
I dont hunt to live, I live to hunt... It's better to be the preditor than the prey

Offline lil jake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
oh and there is sum very funny out takes on the video... check em out!
I dont hunt to live, I live to hunt... It's better to be the preditor than the prey

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
That picture is amazing Mike.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
Please contact 1screagle for information about the stone etching. Mike

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Mike,  Is the etching from the bear hunt with Jeff Booth and Brad Adams?  My buddy deer hunted Kodiak Island with Jeff and Brad and I remember him saying it was captured on video.  He was going to try and get me a copy but wasn't able to.  jim
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
Yes the image represents the bear hunt with Bart Paul, Brad and Jeff. You can see the video on Tradgang Bowhunting videos / Paul Schafer and Company / Bart Schleyer Bear / posted by Tom Mussato.    Mike

Offline jr1959

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2011, 01:00:00 PM »
Thanks Mike< I'll check it out.  Jim
'59 Kodiak 45# Gainesville 60" LH
Jim Hoker Woodspirit Bows 60#, 55#, 48#
Fox Royal Crown 62” 44#
Fox Longbow 66” 40#

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Originally posted by FerretWYO:
That picture is amazing Mike.
Ken (1screameagle) is a great friend of mine and God has givin him a gift that is plainly obvious when you look at that picture he did for Mike Mitten.

I will be having him do some work for me as well. Ken,I'm jealous that you got a sneak peak at Essential Encounters...Ahhhh, I'm no good at suspense!   :smileystooges:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
That picture is UNBELIEVABLE!! I'm stunned! Jason

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Mike..that image is absolutely stunning!  Does this guy do this for other people?

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
That is amazing..WOW !!!!!

Offline varmint101

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Wow what an image!  Thanks for sharing Mike.
Bless The Lord, O My Soul!

Member:
Indiana Bowhunter Association
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Online frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2011, 04:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by jonsimoneau:
Mike..that image is absolutely stunning!  Does this guy do this for other people?
Yes he will  :readit:    :thumbsup:
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©