3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We need more trad. hunting shows on T.V.!!  (Read 9859 times)

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We need more trad. hunting shows on T.V.!!
« Reply #120 on: August 14, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
Originally posted by 8th Dwarf:
Actually, for the good of bowhunting in general, it would be FAR better if there were NO hunting shows on T.V.  Most are trashy, poorly done, bloody, and FEED the anti-hunters with more than enough ammo for their crusade.

For every good one, such as what Primos does, there are a hundred that are just plain lousy!
I agree.  There are a lot of really good points discussed in this thread. I really don't watch any hunting shows on TV nor do I watch many hunting videos any more.  I used to watch a lot of them but at some point they just started to leave a sour taste in my mouth. The Primo's videos are about the only ones I'll watch, for the most part they seem to respect the game they pursue and don't over glorify the kill.

The problem I have with most of them is that they only focus on the kill.    They all portray the image that the kill and a monster rack is what it’s all about.  Unfortunately a LOT of hunters think this way so it appeals to a lot of people.

Hunting for me is about the months of anticipation.   Days spent shooting at the range or in my back yard.   Scouting for that perfect spot.   Sitting in the woods for hours not seeing any deer but being fascinated buy the little red squirrel that sits on my knee and stares at me because he can't figure out what I am.  Listening to the wind blow through the trees and smelling the sweet musty aroma of the fall woods.

The aspects of the hunt I love most just don't make for good television.  They are things that have to be experienced first hand to be appreciated.  I wouldn't want to watch it on TV; I'd rather experience it myself.

On the other hand, I have spent hours and hours watching/reading the how to threads on this site and the watching the "Masters of the Barebow" DVD.  These are things I can enjoy because I feel like I'm actually learning something in the process.    I would love to see some kind of "New Yankee Workshop" for Archery.  Also include some instruction and, as some others have said, show clips of hunter education or other activities that hunters participate in to benefit game and the environment.

Anyway, that’s my 2 cents, sorry for going on for so long on an old topic.
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline Gene Roberts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: August 14, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »
if yall do get this put together will you try getting it on the outdoor cannel cause i dont get MOR any more
Yea,though i walk through the valley of the shadow of death,i will fear no evil:for thou art with me;thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.Psalm 23:4

"Speak softly and carry a big stick. . . . "           President Theodore Roosevelt

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: August 14, 2007, 07:38:00 PM »
Well, we didn't throw the baby out with the bath water on The Bowhunters of Trad Gang DVD!  I think those that order it will be very pleased...and we've got some ideas for Volume II....as well as commitments already for footage!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline MI_Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: August 14, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
I did order my copy of the new DVD, I've yet to see anything bad come from this site.   :thumbsup:
"Failure is an attitude, not an outcome."  -Harvey Mackay

:archer:               MikeD.

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: August 14, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Terry, I can't wait till my copy comes in!!!! I'm hoping to have some footage to send you this next season.
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline barebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: August 15, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Arwin,
I would very much like to see a good Traditional Archery/Hunting TV show. After all, I love to hunt with a longbow, I enjoy reading TBM, I go to Tradgang.com everyday to hear what people have to say, I like hearing the stories other Tradbow hunters have to tell....so sure I would enjoy watching a quality TV show about Traditional Archery. The key is quality. It doesn’t have to be entirely about the hunt, but could show some tips & tricks about different aspects of traditional archery. I have some videos such as Lost Antler, Primal Dreams, The Masters of the Barebow  which I consider to be in good taste and I ordered the Tradgang video and can’t wait to see it. To enjoy traditional archery as much as I do and to feed on it from various sources such as books, magazines, web sites, etc., and then to say I wouldn’t want to have a quality Traditional Archery/Hunting TV show available would almost seem to be a contradiction to my own interests. So if one becomes available, I sure would appreciate knowing about it.
"Killing an animal is intrinsic to the hunt. It shouldn't be glorified, but conducted with respect and reverence..." - Gene Wensel _ Primal Dreams

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©