3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We need more trad. hunting shows on T.V.!!  (Read 9967 times)

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We need more trad. hunting shows on T.V.!!
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
I already called Fred Eichler, and left him a detailed message. Additionally, I emailed TJ @ TBM. Mr. Wensel, as usual you bring up several great points of considration. This is exactly what this endeavor needs an authority directly,or indirectly shaping and guiding the creation/progress of this thought becoming a reality. I don't know if anyone else agrees w/ me but Mr. Wensel like it or not you are a leading authority in our traditional community/family. Personally speaking, I for one, take what you say seriously. You are right about people getting pissed, & feelings getting hurt. I would like to speak to every single person focusing on this project. WHEN we get to the point of submitting material PLEASE,PLEASE don't get sour if your stuff is not selected. I'd like to think of this as not a one time deal, but some sort of annual project. Just like when you started shooting your trad equipment for the 1rst time you prolly sucked, like most of us  :thumbsup:  . Since ,obviously we are a rural state, with very deep ties to our natural surroundings the introduction of primal dreams to any school for that matter would definitely be a welcomed addition to the classroom.   :notworthy:    :notworthy:
"Seek Quality Not Quantity"
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2007, 09:56:00 AM »
Bowsite  
The link listed to the bowsite SHOULD take you directly to the very useful video lessons.
I would like to publicly thank Pat Lefemine for not only having a great website, but additionally providing a plethora of useful,entertaining, and insightful material. Pat as traditional archers we all appreciate you very much, thanks again. Dave Mullins.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
OMG!!!!!!
Possible title
"TRADITIONAL BY NATURE"  :clapper:  
What do you think??? I won't get sour  :mad:   if you don't like it.  :goldtooth:
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline RIVERWOLF

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2007, 10:11:00 AM »
I am with Gene on the Gary Morrison thing ! Best hunting show's i have EVER seen ! I for one wish they would put them on dvd . , and on re-runs ! Very classy show !  Add to that his background music ! I for one hate the kill video , were its talking (whispering) kill to kill video ! LOVE Primal Dreams ,Vision Quest , The lost antler .                    ALL Top Notch ! This is very much how Gary Morrisons show's were !    Just my 2 cts......>>>-------->RIVERWOLF
Arrows are the Life-Blood of a hunt........They need a safe place to be until called upon  !
Ralph"Riverwolf"Webb
>>>----------------->

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2007, 12:01:00 PM »
ttt
Just one more step please!

Some dude with a stick and string chasing things.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Thanks LEFTY I wasnt sure if I could put that link on here

Offline LEFTY_ IN_ WV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 02:52:00 PM »
Actually I'm not either. However, when Pat reads this entire thread, & understands what we are trying to accomplish, I can't imagine him having a problem w/ it. Perhaps he'll even contribute his experience/insight to help continue this project in the right direction. I'll say it again having the "powerhouses" of traditional archery collaborating, to whatever degree, will be a tremendous help!!! I just don't see how we can fail, as long as we all work on a united front. A collective force of dedicated,inspired traditional bowhunters. Although we are from across the nation, and perhaps the world, by gosh we combine our efforts/resources to a razor sharp point of focus, and as we say here in the hollars of WEST BY G** VIRGINIA "GI-R-DONE!!!"
  :thumbsup:    :campfire:    :archer:    :pray:
>>>===LEFTYINWV===>

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
Well, as we speak the SHOT show is being held in Orlando. In a conversation with Flip Pallot of ESPN's "The Walker's Cay Chronicle's" last month Flip said he was going to float the idea around to several industry "people" at the show . Flip is a trad bowhunter and wants to do a hunting show along the lines of his fishing show-more process oriented than kill oriented with good narrative and respect for the animal. I'm curious to see his discussions went.
DonD

Offline BFinegan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 04:29:00 PM »
Originally posted by 8th Dwarf:
Actually, for the good of bowhunting in general, it would be FAR better if there were NO hunting shows on T.V.  Most are trashy, poorly done, bloody, and FEED the anti-hunters with more than enough ammo for their crusade.

For every good one, such as what Primos does, there are a hundred that are just plain lousy!

As Pogo said, "We have found the enemy and he is us!"  Think about that, people!

Too Short
I agree. I can't even watch most of what I see for hunting shows on tv. It's not hunting they show, it's more like a marketable form of entertainment. I cringe when people approach me about a show they saw on tv. I just tell them it's not reality, and I don't watch them because most of what your seeing is not an accurate depiction of how things typically take place. I think they've done more harm than good over time.
"Ships in Harbor are safe, but that is not what Ships were made for"

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2007, 07:45:00 PM »
It would be refreshing to see what REALLY happens. A hunter sits for 8-10 hrs. A group of nice doe come in, the hunter pulls back and sends an arrow right over the doe's back!  :biglaugh:  
 Some of the stuff does look staged. Like on some shows you see that the camera man has reached the animal before the hunter does. Then it shows the hunter cautiously walking up to the animal, as if it were happening at that moment. I would like to see it recorded from the moment of the shot all the way through to the tracking. You can't re-create real emotion.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
I think the DVD and/or show would be awesome. Would love to video some of my hunts   :D

Offline Duckbutt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Yeah, I remember Flip talking about the hunting pilot when EDT interviewed him in TBM.  If the Flipster doesn't have the connections to make it happen, makes ya wonder what we're up against.  I do applaud what you guys are after.  Flip's show was life changing for me when it first came on.  Keep the fire burnin boys.

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
Duckbutt, Flip just began a new fishing show on Versus "Fishing the Keys". It's pretty neat.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
If I hear anything from Flip about a new show I'll post it. I think he could do a trad show right. I think I'm with,I think it was Mr Dwarf, in that no shows would be best. But since that seems unlikely I think someone like Flip,(or Wensel/Mitten for that matter) needs to reset the bar.
DonD

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 15, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
I DO NOT agree that NO shows would be best.....Good shows would be much better than no shows.....and even the shows that are there now are better than no shows....even if you don't like them.

Think about the ramifications if hunting were taken off TV today....think about it....
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »
Im with Terry Green on this one!

Offline Arrow4Christ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 15, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Me too!

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 15, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »
I totaly agree with Terry. The best way to gain support for what we do is by bringing out into the wide open. If we are able to show hunting in an educational and responsible way, more non hunters would likely be influenced in a positive way.

Offline alligatordond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 15, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
Terry you make a good point. I don't think we'll ever have to worry about hunting being taken off the TV. The shows, good or bad are here to stay. But I would like to voice an opinion that some of the stuff on TV now doesn't do hunters any favors. So far I have seen 2 shows that promote hunting competitions. I recall one episode where the guy shot a buck at a horrible shot angle because I think he said it would be his "best on film" or something like that.It wasn't about the hunt as much as it was about getting the buck on film for him. Apparently this is the "hunting" version of reality TV. The irony is that the hosts seem genuine and they could probably produces a really high quality show. They chose a different route which must be what the public wants.I respect their right to pursue this endeavor but I don't want the non hunters thinking that the reality of the hunt is all about the competition, which may be where hunting TV is headed.Look what happened to fishing on TV. First there was BASS then the redfish tour now there are billfish series, tarpon series,(where the sharks get their share) ,inshore series etc.

We certainly stood up and voiced an opinion about the WHA's effort to put "catch and release hunting " on the tube. If it came down to those type of hunting shows or none, I'll vote for none as I worry about the ramifications imposed by a non hunting public watching the bads shows.

As I said before, I hope the Pallot's, Wensels , Mittens etc might someday reset the bar and produce a quality hunting show.

I'm sorry for the long post, guys.
DonD

Offline Arwin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 15, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
That is why I really think there should be a program done for television. There could be a great video made but that would more likely be seen by people already involved in hunting.   Put it on the air and chances are it will be seen by a wider variety of people. More people are willing to watch a program on the tube, than go out and buy a video. The majority here knows what we want. It's just gotta get made!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©