3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Help with fiberglass coming off of Kodiak.  (Read 226 times)

Offline stick-um

• Trad Bowhunter
Help with fiberglass coming off of Kodiak.
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
I screwed up the finish on my Bear Kodiak. The bow had some trebark camo tape on the limbs and when I took it off it pulled the fiberglass off in some places. Can it be redone or should I just put some other type of cover over it so I don't see it. Is it ok to shoot this way. I'll try to post a pic when I get home.
"A successful man is the one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others have thrown at him"- D. Brinkley

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Help with fiberglass coming off of Kodiak.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
Can you post pictures?
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
Pictures would really help.  Are you sure it is the fiberglass coming up and not just the finish?  Even if it is just the finish, it does need to be dealt with to prevent more problems down the road, and just covering it with more tape won't necessarily solve your issue.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Robertfishes

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Are you saying you pulled some fiberglass splinters off of the limb edges?  3 years ago I was told when pulling tape off of a bow start at riser and pull tape off towards the limb tips..so far this has worked for me when pulling tape off of the limbs after shaping the limbs. Whip has a lot of experiance fixin bows

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©