3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Buffalo or Dorado  (Read 524 times)

Offline huntrite

• Trad Bowhunter
Buffalo or Dorado
« on: February 07, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
im thinking if getting a hoyt is the buffalo that much better whats your opinion

Offline Crash

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Buffalo or Dorado
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
My Dad owns a Dorado and got to shoot a Buffalo that one of our friends just got.  He felt the Buffalo was a little smoother, quieter and faster.  You also get some poundage adjustment and tiller adjustment with the Buffalo, so, if you are buying new, might as well go ahead and get the new one, if you find a good used deal on a Dorado, then you might go that way.
"Instinctive archery is all about possibilities.  Mechanist archery is all about alternatives. "  Dean Torges

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Considering the pricetag on the Buffalo, maybe you should at least consider one of those Black Swan bows, they are having a sale right now.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline macksdad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
This seems to be a popular question as of late, I have the buffalo but have never shot the dorado. I can say that the buffalo is a very nice bow if you are ordering one you may want to go 5# less on your draw as they feel a little heavier than rated. I believe Iowawoody on here has both you might PM him and I'm sure he will let you know his honest opinion of them.  I see your located in Ohio if you are anywhere close to me I would be more than glad to let you shoot my Buffalo to see what you think just PM me. If not I know a shop in central Ohio that stocks both the Buffalo and the Dorado and you could compare them hands on!
Hoyt Buffalo   #45@28,#50@28, #55 @28, #60@28
Hill Country Wildcat 52#@28
Hill Country Wildcat Static #57@31
Rick Welch Accuracy Factory

Offline Carbonkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2011, 11:34:00 AM »
dorado!

shot both and prefer my dorado

Offline TLANE

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2011, 06:16:00 PM »
I've never shot the Buffalo but I love my Dorado.  I've never been a big fan of the metal riser bows but the Dorado just might change that!

Offline sorefingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 12:50:00 AM »
Had a Dorado, wished I would have hung onto it. Made a trade, hind sight is 20-20.
psalm 83:18

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 11:06:00 PM »
iawoody2 helped me get a good deal on a buffalo that will be here wednesday. can't wait to try it,

Scott
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Member Oklahoma Longbowmen

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 08:05:00 AM »
Love the Dorado. You will enjoy  no matter which way you choose.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2011, 08:12:00 AM »
I'm sure either one will do you well but I say go with the Buffalo. Only reason is because I have one and this thing is amazing. I took a year off without shooting a recurve and came back and bought the Buffalo, two weeks later I'm stripping feathers off at twenty yards with broadheads.

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2011, 08:13:00 AM »
I'm sure either one will do you well but I say go with the Buffalo. Only reason is because I have one and this thing is amazing. I took a year off without shooting a recurve and came back and bought the Buffalo, two weeks later I'm stripping feathers off at twenty yards with broadheads.

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
I love my Dorado, but the buffalo looks awful  tempting.  If you could swing it I would go for the buffalo, it looks like it has the fix for the few shortcomings the Dorado has.  Though if you want to save a little, the Dorado will still make you very, very happy.

And I agree about the weight thing.  Mine weighs in at 48.5# at 28" instead of the 45#.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline Carbonkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
no short comings from the dorado! the buffalo doesnt even give the option of a elevated rest. i have shot the buffalo and setup a few for the local shop and i just cant justify the high dollar tag, even with my discount. im a hoyt fan though! i own a dorado, gamemaster2, and an excel. ifyou want adjustability get a black out excel. otherwise, the dorado is very smooth and forgiving

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2011, 08:26:00 PM »
Had 2 GM-2 2 Dorado's and now have 2 Buffalo's..Just smoother to me.but the ultimate would be a Carbon limb on a GM 2 riser...

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
i,ve had all three and the buffalo is my favorite. smoother and quieter than the other 2. i thought the dorado and the gamemaster needed an elevated rest to really well for me. the buffalo with its double radiused shelf and adjustable limb tiller make it a very easy bow to setup. very quiet. i wish hoyt would offer 56" and 58" along with the 60" and 62".

my favorite riser and limb combo has been a titan riser and hoyt G3 limb. again an elevated rest setup.
Life is short.....eat dessert first!!!

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
I have shot both on several occassions. Often times, we will spend more with little return.

Spend some time with both bows and you will have little problem deciding.

This case is definatley a try before you buy.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline techieok

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
Just got my buffalo today and I am impressed. I have never shot the dorado but I do own the GM2. The buffalo shoots much better for me, in fact the entire experience is much better in my opinion. It draws much smoother and like everyone claims "shoots right where you look". Thanks again to iawoody2!!

Scott.
We're making what once seemed impossible, simple. And what was once simple, impossible.~Me

Member Oklahoma Longbowmen

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
I tried one at the eastern sports and outdoor show and it seams like a good bow but if felt like it was five lbs more then its stated weight of 50 lbs. It is a intriging bow and would be fun to play with but it is too long for me and I like wood it is not a cheep bow either. Widow

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
I had 2 Gamemaster,s 2 Dorados,and Just got these in...Im my opinion No Comparison,,The Buffalos are so much smoooother,I would like to try the longer limbs just for giggles,mine are 45#@28 60"...they pull about 48#'s...

Offline floodman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©