3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Members (of this site) you would like to meet.  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Larry m

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Members (of this site) you would like to meet.
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
The one's I've met either on line or in person   are quality like minded individuals. This site has been a wealth of information and pleasure for me......

Offline lablover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
I have to echo some of the other guys. My list would be long. I'm always up for new friends and new places. I enjoy the company of people who see things from a similar light as I do. So anybody in the gang one be great to hunt and shoot with.
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline pow-bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
I had the pleasure of meeting and hunting with Onions and luvthehunt last summmer.  If they are representative of the rest of the folks on here than any and all would be a pleasure to hunt with.  I'm a long ways from other tradgangers but would love the chance to meet and hunt with some more.
Nothing ruins a good hunt like pulling the trigger

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by JEFF B:
well looks like some of my list is going to happen in september this year. would like to meet more but hey the USA is a Big place and i only got 4 weeks   :campfire:  
You once told me that airplanes were out of the question. The power of the bow has convinced you to fly again! There will be a place at my fire if you would join me.
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Originally posted by vermonster13:
There are about 29,000 members left for me to meet. Working on it as I can.   :)  
x2!!! Jon, you are definetely near the top.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 03:20:00 PM »
Im very fortunate to have hunted with close to 150 TGers in big  and small game campsand Ill tell you theyve been top notch for the most part.Many I see only occasionally and they are like old friends.Of all I can only think of 1 which I had a bad experience with and I am sure it will not happen again.   :archer2:

Offline GrayRhino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
A REGIONAL TRAD GANG EXPO in each part of the States would be great.  Sponsoring vendors, seminars....that would be fun getting to meet guys from your neck of the woods, and beyond.  Everybody has to wear their tradgang name.
God  now commandeth all men everywhere to repent.  Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good,  some are just real good!"  Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along."  Glenn St. Charles

Offline jcar315

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »
I have met so many TG'rs all over and every one of them has been great.

At the risk of excluding anyone (please no offense) but to meet my friend Felix would be fantastic!
Proud Dad to two awesome Kids and a very passionate pig hunter.

Right handed but left eye dominant.

Proud to be a Native TEXAN!!!!!

"TGMM  Family of the Bow"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
There are a couple fine fellows on this site who have done background checks on all admitted lefties. So, whenever I'm about to trade, sell, or buy I check with these guys for character references.  LOL

I've found there are seem to be only 1-2 lefty bows by each manufacturor, we just pass em around for a few years among us and then back to the original owner.

P.S. They'd do BCs on the righties but you'ns are such a hoard, who has the time? Again, LOL.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 04:23:00 PM »
Well, the gentleman who started this thread, for one. Always been a big fan. Terry Green, since I don't think I could ever send enough emails to get my thanks across. Aaaaand, if I ever met Charlie Lamb, I'd probably consider my bowhunting career to be as good as it'd get.

That said, I've had the pleasure to meet a lot of TG'ers over the years. Both famous and infamous, and everywhere in between. The good thing is, I've yet to meet one I didn't really care for...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
To many to name, but if I had to "Biggie Hoffman" would be at the top of the list. Something about those big guys who shoot straight, and I'm not just talking about the bow and arrow.  :campfire:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 04:25:00 PM »
Dang, Izzy, and you never let on. What a gentleman. I wish I knew what it was that I did or didn't do...

Killdeer   :dunno:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 04:28:00 PM »
Sure would like to meet that last poster again...that's definately on the to-do list...

:saywhat:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
Anyone cept that Zradix guy.
What a Kook
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 05:01:00 PM »
I went on two Bear Quest hunts with about 15 Tradgang members and another with about 10 25 of the greatest guys you could meet and plan on meeting some more this June.I also plan making other hunts with members and of course know a lot of La. members here.Kip

Offline katie

• Trad Bowhunter
  • “Lady Hawk”
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
Dang, Izzy, and you never let on. What a gentleman. I wish I knew what it was that I did or didn't do...

Killdeer    :dunno:  
Things are getting good!
"Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity"  John Muir

« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2011, 05:55:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bowspirit:
...... I've had the pleasure to meet a lot of TG'ers over the years. Both famous and infamous, and everywhere in between. The good thing is, I've yet to meet one I didn't really care for...
Who??  It's easier for me to think about anyone I would not like to meet.  That's a short list for sure...is has no inclusions.

IMO, every living soul that haunts this place has something good to share with us all.  If it were humanly possible, I would meet each and every one of you.  You have all, in some way and many ways, made my life more colorful.

:archer2:

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
I think I would like to sit at a camp fire and listen to Ron La Clair and Charlie Lamb tell stories of their past adventures.
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2011, 06:46:00 PM »
Heck, All of ya'll! Let's have a get together, and have shirts made up so we'll know who you are!  :thumbsup:  Jason

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
I wish that I could be a fly on the wall in a lot of different camps. There have been a lot of names listed here who would have me stone silent and rapt as I listened to their stories.
Even the true ones!
   :campfire:  
Any list will leave somebody out, and therein lies the rub. This is a huge family, thank goodness, and there are so many of us that we can't help but bump into one another here and there. Savor it, learn from it, and in the middle of the workday, for no good reason, grin.

Killdeer   :goldtooth:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©