3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Curtis Kellar - Weitas Creek Bear!!!!  (Read 2027 times)

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Curtis Kellar - Weitas Creek Bear!!!!
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »
Charlie and Shaun just left here headed on East. Charlie plans to drop Shaun off early AM, (16 hours from here) tomorrow and be home tomorrow afternoon (23 hours from here). Wouldn't wanna be makin that trip and in the wrong direction to boot  ;)  

Sounds like CK had so many clothes on it's a wonder he could pull his bow   :D  Also sounds like a great time was had by all! The stories should be flying shortly.
  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2007, 12:06:00 AM »
Made a bow and killed a bear!
Dog, I made groceries, got the mail, cut the grass, shot the bows, gave the dog a bath, and thought I had a big week.
I gotta get out  more.

Waiting to hear more...
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Wishing for Sweet Spot.... man this HAS to be great. That boy has some brass I tell ya.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2007, 01:01:00 PM »
Just got home and need to unwind after 5 weeks of bear guiding but boy do I have some good pics to share as soon as I can , yes Doug I did get a good one with Curtis and all his clothes, he looked like a big guy for once.
Great stories to share but dont want to rob others of the fun so I will wait for them to post when they get back.

Offline Gary Kellar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2007, 07:06:00 PM »
I spoke briefly with Curtis this morning and heard him say he was still north of Salt Lake City. Cell phone service has been so poor we've not been able to get much discussion time in before we're disconnected. He should be home sometime Wednesday.
He talked more about the cooken' and eaten' than he did about the hunten'.
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2007, 08:31:00 PM »
Yep, when CK is around with a bow in his hand, I almost pity the critters.

Congrats!!!

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2007, 12:59:00 AM »
Charlie and I rolled in to my place a few minutes ago and need to catch up on rest after a week in the Bitteroots and 1600 mile drive in a day and a half. All the story and lots of pictures will follow when we all get unwound.

The story of Ty Green and Ty Green jr. will show the progression form bang stick to stick bow with some banjo pickin' thrown in. Paul V from the Boston area will have a good tale about "Big Black", Curtis will tell about his encounter and me and Charlie will add color comentary.

Time for sleep...

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
Great to hear you guys all had a fun and safe trip. Can't wait to hear the stories. I knew Curtis would outsmart them bearz they nothing but coniferous hogs and Curtis knows his hogs.
hunt it

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2007, 05:21:00 PM »
Way to go CK, can't wait to read the story and see the pics......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Ok carnivorous. Right. I was stuck on the "conifer.." portion of coniferous.
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2007, 09:59:00 PM »
Is he home yet? I'm dieing to hear the story.

Online PV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Was a pleasure hunting with you guys last week. 1600 miles in a day and a half makes all day on a plane seem nice."Big Black" will have to wait for another day.Still working on my Barry Whites. Watch out for C..G..W.. !!

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2007, 10:42:00 PM »
As the big wheels hummed against the ebony asphault the eastern skyline was giving birth to a new day. Willie Nelson was singing a song about blue eyes and rain on the radio and I finally had El Paso in my rear view. My emotions ran dark and gray as I felt myself tumbling back to earth after an epic ride across the ragged edge of the Northwest. I'd crossed the land of the Hopi. the Yute, the Yavapi, and the Souix. I'd stood flat footed on the Nation of the Navajo where the Red Man still stands in numbers so strong it's difficult to believe they could have ever been defeated. I'd ridden the knife edge between the heavens and shot an arrow at the moon. I now wondered if it had been real at all or simply a dream of an imaginative man. I suppose time may tell but for now a much needed rest becons me. Good night. CK

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2007, 10:51:00 PM »
The Littlefeather legend strikes again. Congrats, Curtis.
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2007, 11:21:00 PM »
Pretty darn cool and that is just the start!

Way to go CK.

Chris
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »
Charlie and I stopped at Vance (Iron Bull) Brewer's place and were joined there by Curtis a couple days later. All of us, well maybe not CK - but at least us geezers, needed to tune up our shooting before facing bears. There is a great gopher population in central WY and we had at it. One place we hunted had this sign and the picture had to be taken. The gopher was released right after the photo was taken.

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
Dang, with an intro like that, you just KNOW this is going to be good! Terry might as well make room in the Classics section for this tale!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Fritz Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2007, 12:23:00 AM »
Bring on the stories and pictures.  You guys were hunting in the area that I grew up in.  In fact, when I was 16 I killed my first deer not too far from where you guys were hunting.  So come on and make me home sick!     :thumbsup:  

-Fritz
What demon possessed me,
that I behaved so well.
          -H.D. Thoreau

A straight line may be the shortest distance between two points,
but it is by no means the most interesting.
-Dr. Who

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
I always like to take a highway pic as I head into any adventure. As I look back later I find that it reinvigorates and takes me back to the excitment that lead me into the hunt. This is a very important and intricate piece of any adventure for me.

The trip was long as expected. Anyone can imagine the physical stress of driving 36 hours to reach a destination. I won't even dwell on it. I did manage to reach Wyoming on the second day. A meeting at Vance Brewers was in order as we wasted no time before heading out to punish the tiny ground squirrels better known in these parts as gophers. I love this pic. Mut and Jeff.

My new love. She is beautiful isn't she? She gives me the cold shoulder most of the year but my heart longs for her since I've gone.

After a good nights rest and some awesome hospitality(and pork ribs) we were off to meet with destiny and hopefully a few bears along the Idaho skyline.

I'll not go too into detail about this trip as Charlie will be spinning a golden web later. I'll plug in a few words there as the story sees fit. The first night in Idaho we'd meet the rest of the hunters and head off on the following morning. The bear gang.

Thats all for now. As you can imagine I've got tons of work to get caught up on. First order of business is a trip to the Vet with a very sick dog. Good day! CK

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
"Mut and Jeff" LOL
more please  :goldtooth:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©