3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Turkey Vest  (Read 448 times)

Offline bosteldr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey Vest
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
I use one for Deer hunting and one for turkey hunting.  Plenty of pockets for calls, lunch, rope, knife, drinks for whatever. I use it instead of a backpack or fanny pack.  Keeps all my gear in one place, just put it on grab the bow and I know I have all I need.

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Turkey Vest
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
I have one from Gander Mtn (Guide Series) I bought cheap about 6 years ago.  For the money it was a pretty good deal.

I don't do much run & gun turkey hunting.  Mostly I sit in one or two spots until I kill something or have to go home or to work.  And I usually take the vest off when I get to my spot.

I keep a deke and a 3 panel blind in the game bag.  In the early part of the season I have that vest loaded with slates, box calls, mouth calls, gloves, you name it.  By the middle of the season I usually just bring a few mouth calls, a pair of pruners and a roll of TP with me.  I keep them in my pockets or in the pouch of my turkey / dove chair.

Seems I just like carrying less and less as the season progresses.

My point?  I wouldn't spend a lot on a vest.  Nor would I fret about which one to buy.

Go get a cheapo like I did and if you feel you need more than that, well, you're only out a few bucks.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©