3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Talk me into it or out of it... DAS Dalaa  (Read 1077 times)

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Talk me into it or out of it... DAS Dalaa
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2011, 11:23:00 AM »
I agree spectre,it's just that I feel that wood was alive once and of course risers and bows made in series are far ,in my opinion,from a self bow.Any the soul is in reality in our heart and head,don't they?
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2011, 11:26:00 AM »
In my opinion, for the money, there are a lot better options on the market...especially with respect to the limbs.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 11:37:00 AM »
Be SURE you get the right grip when you order. New ones are $40!!!
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 01:02:00 PM »
Jeff, I love your handle "Turkeys Fear Me", if I didn't already have one, I could change mine to "Turkeys point and laugh at me".  

I'm still skunked on turkeys!  :biglaugh:
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline rlc1959

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
Biggie, I talked to the Guys at 3 Rivers first before I sent it back. I was just getting into Trad Archery and they said give one a try and if it is not what you want send it back. I tried it along with alot of other bows and settled on the A&H ACS as my favorite with the Centaur a very close second. I to love the woods and feel of the long bow. I buy all my Trad Equipment from 3 Rivers and sending this bow back was in no way meant as a negative comment to them . They are GREAT people to deal with. The bow was returned in like new condition and I am sure they were able to package and re-sell as slightly used. Thanks, Randy
Randy Chamberlin

NRA Life Member
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Life Member
United Bowhunters of PA Life Member
PBS Member

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 03:27:00 PM »
Randy, I figgered as much. Maybe it was me but the way you 1st told the story, it didn't sound good.
Didn't mean to put you on the spot...I know by your posts here that you are not "that" kind of fella
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Since you already had one in the past then you do know what you are getting and you seem like you want one so go for it. For me hearing all the hype about these bows before actually shooting one was a real downer for me. Don't get me wrong, the bow is a shooter but so is my palmer, and the zipper I tried and that sweet shooting blacktail etc.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Builder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
I have owned a lot of bows, some really nice looking, however if you can get by the looks of a flat black metal bow you will absolutely love the way the DAS, Morrison, Tradtech etc. etc. shoots. You can tune the bow to the arrows rather than the arrows to the bow if you wish.
I look at it exactly opposite of Biggie, it's my real pretty very expensive bows I feel bad about hunting with, afraid I might scratch them. That flat black not so pretty bow doesn't seem to bother me at all.
USMC
Providing the enemies of America to die for thier countries.

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2011, 05:38:00 PM »
end of the world is near......hopefully I will see y'all in heaven because BIGGIE has bought a METAL riser TARGET BOW! Or hunting bow!  Welcome Biggie to the other side. maybe I can talk you into a single bevel and flipper rest? Let me know because I am going to stump your tail in Nebraska on stump shooting.  Welcome to the 21st century.
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
Well..... im tired of waiting for u to build my longbow.
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline joebuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
I have it on paper.  :) . Do not have the guts to lay it up yet.    Your still #1 on the list.

What kind of grip did you get for your big ole paw?
Aim down your arrow because thats where it's going.

Offline DennyK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
Or-you can gat an extra set of limbs for the Widow.
Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2011, 06:11:00 PM »
Well, thank you all for your insights both here and on PM's.  I didn't want this to become a "what is trad" thread and you all did a great job of keeping it clean.  Thanks!

I've went back and forth several times, but just made a swing through the classifieds and found a Jack Kempf Kwyk Styk, 55# @ 28" and 58" long that I couldn't pass up.  So, I guess I'll have to put the DAS on the back burner for now...

Still thinking of getting one, but now I can't afford it.  Makes that decision easy... for now!
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
:laughing:  

Grats on the new addition.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Joey, I got the standard grip but it's no good for me. Went to buy a low grip handle but $40 is too much. I'll try it with the standard.

I also told them that they should include a $2 bowstringer with a $800 bow.

How much is that Swamprooter Longbow gonna cost me again?
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

Offline kawika b

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
On advice from others I tried this with a metal riser I had that's similar to the Dalaa, I shot it with no grip on it... just some sports wrap like the kind used for a tennis racquet... worked real nicely.
Nana ka maka;
ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes;
listen with the ears;
shut the mouth.

Thus one learns>>>------>TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Ya better work some overtime so you can get that Das
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
Take a file to that grip Biggie, make it like you want it if it doesn't fit.

I too love the acs limb and am patiently waiting for a set from Mike to put on my DAS master, pant pant. Should make a superb combo. And heck there is some wood in those limbs.

Congrats on the kwik stick but I bet you still yearn for the das.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2011, 08:18:00 PM »
IMHO all the adjustability is a recipe for disaster under hunting conditions.  I like simple, no tiller adjustment, no rest adjustment/elevated rest, no "snap" anything.  40 years hunting big game with a bow has taught me if something can go wrong it will. I could tell stories for hours....Simple+tuned+practice = consistant success. My advice is to look inside for solutions, not to gadgets.  just my 2cents
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2011, 08:22:00 PM »
  IMHO all the adjustability is a recipe for disaster under hunting conditions. I like simple, no tiller adjustment, no rest adjustment/elevated rest, no "snap" anything. 40 years hunting big game with a bow has taught me if something can go wrong it will. I could tell stories for hours....Simple+tuned+practice = consistant success. My advice is to look inside for solutions, not to gadgets. just my 2cents  
Wrong

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©