3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Glory Hog II RECALL  (Read 401 times)

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Glory Hog II RECALL
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Following Toyota's lead with the sticky floor matt recall, under threat from the NTSB, I am recalling all distributed copies of Glory Hog II.  It seems that when you are watching the movie and attempt to pause, rewind or fast forward the movie, the screen freezes and won't restart.  Scenes missed while you are negotiating your way through traffic cannot be easily replayed (you have to start the whole movie over again).  This can create unsafe driving conditions as it distracts the driver even more as he attempts to figure out how to restart the movie.  Fortunately, the copies that are in current circulation have the same quality of video and sound as the original master copy, but suffer from the afore mentioned technical glitches.  I would like to take full responsiblitly for the issue, but regretably that is not possible.  For the sake of full disclosure, Gene Wensell was one of the first people to receive a copy of the new movie and was the first person to bring this issue to my attention.  It seems that some of the technical problems that he was suffering from Essential Ecounters somehow "leaked" onto Glory Hog II.  We are having some forensic scientists look into this.  In the meantime, if you have or are about to receive a copy of the first edition of Glory Hog II in the mail, just make sure that you enjoy it from the comfort of your favorite arm chair, as you will not be able to pause the movie to make obscene gestures at the driver in front of you.  
   In order to rectify the problem, I am removing myself from post-production editing and turning it over to a studio that actually knows what they are doing (what is a bowyer doing inside a computer anyway?).  I wish I could pass the blame to the editor of the video, Steve Tadin, but he entrusted yours truly to accomplish the seemily straight-forward task of getting the movie from computer to dvd.  The fully-functional second edition of Glory Hog II will be available and shipping within 3 weeks or so.  To those of you who already have the flawed first edition, you will receive a replacement copy at N/C.  Just make sure you have toothpicks in place to keep your eyes from blinking so you don't miss any of the action until your new copy shows up.  (I should have put a Stalker Recurves commercial in the beginning so you'd have been forced to watch it every time you had to restart the movie!)  :knothead:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Glory Hog II RECALL
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Geez, I thought it was only mine, but I wasn't about to complain...it's that good!

But it will be nice to be able to search around and not get fustrated.

Good stuff bud!    :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Red Boar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:00 AM »
Dang...second movie I've ordered recently that will be hung up with technical difficulties.  Thanks for the info. and best of luck getting it all worked out.  :pray:    If I just placed an order for 2 copies, will I be receiving the new or old version?
Treadway "Black Swamp"
Super Shrew
'62 Kodiak Magnum

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Good on ya South...I was blaming my wife for trying to sabotage my favorite DVD  :)  Thanks for letting us know!
Mike Davenport

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 06:07:00 PM »
Hope you are still gonna send mine. I'm hating the foot of snow and itching to see some pork arrowed! I sure don't care about the glitches.
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 01:14:00 PM »
I've shipped out the movies that I've gotten orders for, you'll just have a collector's edition for the archives.  The new ones will be shipping shortly for those of you who are suffering the off-season blues.  I'll re-announce it as soon as the UPS man brings the boxes.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Thanks South. I hope Kevin gets the test drive bow for league, I would really like to see it. Got the dvd today. Thanks!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2011, 05:32:00 PM »
Thanks South.

Offline MRD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2011, 05:34:00 PM »

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2011, 08:21:00 PM »
I got my DVD today.Not sure if it has any of those glitches or not,as I let the phone ring till the video was done.A super video and I know the action was talked about before but the videography was second to none,a quality video from beginning to end.really exciting stuff.If you like hunting,get this video guys.

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 11:54:00 AM »
Hey Fellas,
Where did ya'll order the DVD from?
I'd like to get one myself.
                           Thanks!
                           Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Littlejake

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Check out Stalkerrecurves website...
Try and be the person your dog thinks you are...
PBS Regular Member

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 12:05:00 PM »
Charlie,
This should be the link to the Stalker store.  Scoll down to the bottom of the page for the DVD.
Thanks,
Ryan

http://www.stalkerrecurves.com/html/store.html

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 12:15:00 PM »
Thanks Guys! Got it ordered.
Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
Yep...done heard about this one from Curt....I want to hunt there and I haven't even seen the video!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2011, 02:52:00 PM »
The best hog hunting dvd out there. I need to get back out there!

Offline Ryan Sanpei

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Hey Terry,
Last I talked to South, he mentioned that he was sending you a copy.  Maybe he's waiting to send you one of the new ones.
Aloha!
Ryan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©