3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Warm-up to Carp-a-Palooza III  (Read 829 times)

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
Warm-up to Carp-a-Palooza III
« on: June 10, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
Less than 3 weeks to go till the 3rd annual Carp-A-palooza. I went out to one of the spots today to do a bit of recon.

The water is still not quite warm enough to get the carp in and thrashing, after all, the St. Lawrence is a big river...  ;)    ;)  

But these bad-boys were cruising, couldn't resist a poke at a couple, this big one was the biggest.

Good new is that when my boys all converge for the carp shoot, they will be in and spawning hard.
BD

Offline W.Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Warm-up to Carp-a-Palooza III
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
spine shot  :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Where's it held? Must be in Canada because i thought all you could shoot is carp in the states. Looks like a good fish you have there.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline BKA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2007, 09:50:00 PM »
Took my litte brother out this evening for a couple hours, he's not even in to archery but he shot his first carp and I think he's hooked. Might have just added to the ranks of traditional archery.

No James, Regulations vary by state. But some states allow Gar, Bighead carp, Catfish, Bowfin and numorous other fish. Alot of saltwater species to Red fish,Rays even SHARKS.
Check out the video of these Texas monsters at  http://www.extremebowfishing.com/home/  

BD, I hope you guys end up right in the thick of the spawn and shoot till you can't lift your arms.  :thumbsup:  

Brian

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2007, 10:43:00 PM »
I'm pumped!! I have desperately been trying to get out on the water before the end of school. I think I'm going with a buddy on Wednesday, we shall see how that works out.

Nice shot! Any ideas on numbers for the Carp shoot?
Dances with Turtles

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 11:03:00 AM »
So far, 6 guys for sure Luke, well with Barry, 7!

We'll see how many can make it, 10 would be a nice round number.
BD:)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 02:05:00 PM »
Whats the date beside's less than 3 weeks away.Actually I guess my next 3 weeks are already booked dang it.I'd like to know anyway just in case.Good luck guys!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 02:19:00 PM »
I sent ya an email Tom awhile back, but the dates are, June 29th, 30th and July 1st.
BD

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
Hi Luke,
I'm pumped too  ;)  I'm in for sure this year.

Cary, nice gar!

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Missed the e-mail it's up to date in my profile not sure why I didn,t get it([email protected]) unless ya left out the 1 or somethin LOL

In any event the 30th is my niece's graduation so it looks like I,m out this yr bummer I was lookin forward to coming up again.I think it'll be a little warmer for you guys than it was last yr LOL I can still remember you guys standin on your tip toes trin to keep the boys from gettin wet...cept Luke he just wadded right in hahahaha

Good luck I'll think of you guys and the witch too that weekend....shoot some for me

oh yea the catfish family are legal game(I checked the reg's) and those bullheads just may taste pretty good....better than carp LOL

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Too bad Tom, but I"m trying to hit the spawn in the heat of it. I wish I could accomodate eveyones dates...but I had to pick a weekend. maybe next year for you, unless you can sneak away.
BD

Offline THE FOREST WITCH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 12:52:00 AM »
Gentlemen.

Hello from the Forest Witch.  I wish all of you good health and joy for this upcoming event.
   Here we go again...   :wavey:   Let's hope that the weather is much more cooperative than it was last year with the huricane winds...  I wish you all the best of the hot weather, warm river and an abundance of fish for everyone to shoot.   :p  Whenever  friends get together, it is a priceless moment captured in time.

Kelly
Spring, give thanks for the never-ending shades of green

Offline northern fisher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2007, 08:26:00 PM »
Hi Cary
As much as I would love to make it down there ,it is not going to happen this year.
Between the bass tournaments,3d shoots and the bear baits, I will not get south of North Bay till deer season(maybe).
I hope you get enough guys and you find the fish.Look forward to seeing the pics.
 I went out tonight to check my first few test baits and all were hit hard ,so I,m hoping for the best.
Take care
Gary
If it wasn't for Hillary Blackburn I may have never found my way to the woods and the water.I miss you Puppy.Love from your grandson.

Offline BONES 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 05:19:00 PM »
Where is it taking place at.?

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
It's just across the border in Canada.For anybody interested you can still drive across the border without a passport but thats due to change in the next yr or 2 not sure exactly when just this yr you can drive across.You'll still need ID and if you've had a DWI don't waste your time cause they won't let ya across.

I've been trying to figure out a way to make it this yr before the passport deal kicks in but there's just no way.For a breif moment I though the dates had it going into Mon with the holiday LOL my daughter wanted to go again too but with it ending on Sun there's just no way.Cary maybe we can work out a day trip when I,m up to the cottage me your way or you mine or maybe both.

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2007, 09:12:00 PM »
Too bad you can't make it this year Tom. I have a feeling it'll be a good one.

Cary - any word on Olaf and his son yet?
Dances with Turtles

Online HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
One thing for sure is, I will not miss the first doz.I shoot at this year !!!!!!!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
Tom, We will still be there on the monday, matter of fact, I'll be there until the following friday.Camping trip with the kids that week.

Luke, not sure as of yet, sent out the emails, not a lot of response  as of yet, bout 6 guys.

Tom D.  ....We were nailing some nice ones on sunday. I shot 3 big carp(no pics, They popped off before the pics) and 2 huge bowfins!
Jake shot 3 nice carp. Conditions were cloudy, hard to spot fish but they were in there and we did get some.

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
BTW, the river you see us in is the St. Lawrence River, the land in the background is Grenadier Island, on the other side of that is upper NY state.

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 01:27:00 PM »
I'll be there next year Cary for sure,I love bowfishing.I saw some big ones last weekend near Cornwall,wasn't bowfishing, just fishing    :saywhat:    :campfire:
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©