3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: hooked for life  (Read 694 times)

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
hooked for life
« on: February 11, 2011, 06:24:00 PM »
what or when did it for you  -  for me, it was my first 5 point bull elk. his size and his smell.seeing him move in and out of the trees getting closer and closer and then seeing my arrow go thru him at 9 steps. after that i was hooked for life.    :archer:   5
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: hooked for life
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
For me, it was killing a gobbler and the nice buck all in the same year.

Offline BOWMARKS

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:00 PM »
For me I just happened into an archery shop to start up again and seen a fella shooting a Saluki and fell in love with it only the Traditional way.And boy I'm glad he was there cause the wheels did nothing for me at that time!!!
Kanati Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Hoot's Long Bow 56"-45#@27"
Shrew Classic Hunter 56"-47#@28"

TGMM Family Of The Bow
United Bowhunters of Penna.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 07:09:00 PM »
The first time I had a well tuned arrow fly from my bow and hit the exact spot intended.
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by ChrisM:
The first time I had a well tuned arrow fly from my bow and hit the exact spot intended.
Yep, same here.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
4 or 5 years ago I was using a borrowed Palmer on Dec 22 and a shed buck had the unfortunate luck to walk under my stand and get a wensel woodsman. Penetration was all of about 2 inches right under the spine and cut the artery. Died within 100 yards. Haven't shot anything but a recurve since.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
It was the first animal I killed with a longbow.  It was a Turkey at about 25 yds and the arrow arc'd to exactly where where I was looking!  It was beautiful and I was hooked ever since!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
I snuck up on a woodchuck when I was 11 years old and let an arrow fly from what I now know was too far away....the little fiberglass Shakespeare arc'd that arrow right into the back of his head....been a sucker for the flight of an arrow ever since....have truly missed it when life got in the way at times.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline hightop_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Shooting pop cans with my dad at the cottage he used to make me a back yard bow every time we were their. When i was only a lil fella. now days the pop cans are deer and elk and the bow isnt 2 lbs its 60. I will never forget those days

Offline hightop_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 09:52:00 PM »
Shooting pop cans with my dad at the cottage he used to make me a back yard bow every time we were their. When i was only a lil fella. now days the pop cans are deer and elk and the bow isnt 2 lbs its 60. I will never forget those days

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:57:00 PM »
Hooked on hunting? Going out with my Dad at 8 years old, and beyond.

Hooked on Trad? Got fed up with the training wheels, found this site and ordered my Bear Griz from 3Rivers. I was had at first shot. Moved on, bow wise, but still have that bow.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 07:57:00 AM »
When I saw how fast a stick and string could fire that arrow.
"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
Originally posted by hightop_hunter:
X2 here..

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 10:39:00 AM »
Watching those fletchings flying at that 4 point buck back in '83.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Pops

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 10:46:00 AM »
For me it was meeting Fred Bear in 1957. We sat and just talked about hunting and archery. I have been hooked since then   :archer2:

Offline Chortdraw

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 10:59:00 AM »
For me it was from going to the city to see Howard Hill and Kathy Duncon put on a show. This was back in the 50's. Still shooting trad except for a couple of years I was taken over by the dark side (compounds) then I got into making my own bows and was hooked again. This will have to do cause I'm too old to start over.

Offline highelk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
For me I had a co-worker that shot trad and invited me out to shoot with him. and the first time I shot an arrow I knew that this is what I've been missing all my life. the more I learn the deeper the hook. People ask me why I like it instead of rifles and I almost have a hard time explaining it to them because I just do!!
I love to watch an arrow fly!
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."~Fred Bear~

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »
For me it had to be when I was 7 years old. I begged my parents for a little green fiberglass Bear bow with a white handle. I shot trad bows until the early eighties then wheels for a few years, then back to trad for good. It seems that there has always been some kind of bow within easy reach my whole life. I wouldn't want it any other way! LOL

Offline illwhttail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
For me I got tiered of all the pressure I was putting on myself.
I allways had to have the latest greatest thing out there.
not to mention the pressure to shoot a mature deer.
In this case for me simpler is much better.

Offline bowkevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Hate to give away my inexperience but a couple of weeks ago I brought home a longbow and instantly fell for it. I cant get enough now. Cant wait for October!!
Wandering through the woods with stick and string

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©