3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wife-related inscription? WARNING: could get mushy...  (Read 907 times)

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Wife-related inscription? WARNING: could get mushy...
« on: February 11, 2011, 11:09:00 PM »
I've been married to my wonderful wife for 10ys now. She puts up with a whole lot from me, the least of which is my obsession with this archery thing!   :D    I have a bow from BigJim on order and even though she knows very little about archery, let alone wood types/grains, she's patiently, even eagerly sorted through the hundreds of pics of bows and wood combos alongside of me. All because she loves me enough to show such an interest in what interests me. Well, I've finally nailed down what my order will be...all thanks to her suggestion(s). (I've been ready to pull my hair out trying to choose!)
Anyway, this might seem off the wall to some or most of you, but I wonder if it wouldn't be fitting to have some sort of inscription/dedication to the most important person in my life on the new bow that she basically picked out (i.e. kinda like some put quotes, verses, etc on their bows). Afterall, she and archery are two very important things in my life.

Enough of the mush already... I'm really just curious...has anyone else done something similar? Sound crazy to you guys? Just curious...    :dunno:
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wife-related inscription? WARNING: could get mushy...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:15:00 PM »
I've never done it. But it sounds like a great idea. Go for it.  :thumbsup:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 11:33:00 PM »
No other person in the world can influence how much enjoyment you get out of archery and bowhunting than your wife.  Her support will open many doors for you, and your idea is a great way of recognizing that.  I think it's a fantastic idea!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Matt Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
If you read proverbs 31: 10 - 31 you may get an idea. Don't go thinking you got the best wife though - I'd cast a vote for mine.
"If God didn't make an outside, I wouldn't have fun." Summer - my 4 year old daughter

Offline Raging Water

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 11:58:00 PM »
My 65# at 28" Howard Hill Black Badger has the inscription:

"Being a Husband and Father comes first, everything else, second"

My 100# at 28" Longbow says

"Someday, I will not be able to draw this bow. On that day, I will use it as a Club"

Another bows says, "Pain Heals, Chicks Dig Scars, and Glory Lasts Forever!"

It is your bow, put on it what you want!
Matt

TGMM - Family of the Bow
TG Contributor
All Around Good Guy

Statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarves are not Happy… which Dwarf do you CHOOSE to be?

Two things that can never be taken back...Harsh Words and Time, Wasted

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 12:26:00 AM »
How about something from Longfellow?

" As unto the bow the cord is,
So unto the man is woman ;
Though she bends him, she obeys him,
Though she draws him, yet she follows ;
Useless each without the other.
Like a fire upon the hearthstone
Is a neighbor s homely daughter ;
Like the starlight or the moonlight
Is the handsomest of strangers.
Rule by love, Hiawatha ;
Rule by patience, Laughing Water."

Gonna need a bigger bow!
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Ricker

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 01:04:00 AM »
one of my bows says 73#@28.......    :bigsmyl:    

Mushy, I know, but I'm ok with that.

Offline Swiftspeed10

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 01:41:00 AM »
"Although this bow will be my companion in the woods, my wife shall always be my life companion!"
Benny
-------------------------------------------------------------
Centaur Glass 57# at 28" (58")
Sauk Trail Kenu 40# at 27" (52")--->waiting for build

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 07:07:00 AM »
Maybe you could just put her name on it. No better way to think of her every time you pick it up.

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
That's not crazy at all. For my 40Th birthday my wife wanted to do something special for me in the way of a new Black Widow bow. She picked out the wood species and had the widow guys inscribe a fitting poem, then she and both my kids signed the bow happy birthday.

Roger at BW helped her though the whole process and even duplicated the signatues on the bow via email scans.

To top off the new bow, my wife planed a trip out to visit the BW plant in Nixa MO for a tour. And again, Roger gave her a bunch of tips on places to stay and sites to see. Those widow guys are great!

To some it up, we had a awesome trip I'll never forget and, I have a special bow to remember it all. Glen

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
I would. My wife is my best friend and it would make the long hunts when we are away from each other better.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 09:50:00 AM »
I like the sentiment, it will definitely add to the personal value of your bow.  

Something short and not too flowery.  Just something you can look down at when you are freezing your butt off and looking forward to going home to a warm and happy home for supper, knowing she will be there.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
Originally posted by Whip:
No other person in the world can influence how much enjoyment you get out of archery and bowhunting than your wife.  Her support will open many doors for you, and your idea is a great way of recognizing that.  I think it's a fantastic idea!
Whip nailed my thoughts exactly. My wife has been so understaning with my addiction to archery and hunting. While she says she really doesn't understand it, she understands it is what makes me me!

She bought my go to bow for our anniversary several years ago as a suprise. While she didn't have an inscription put on it I would have enjoyed it.

She did have my name put on it and even managed to have the bowyer mis-spell it!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
I knew you guys would have some great feedback. Thanks!

Dennis, those were my thoughts exactly...Whip, you said it better than I did in my original post...you summed it all up.     :bigsmyl:    

Chupa, please...cut down on all the mush already, will ya...I've already posted enough of it! I'm about to throw-up here!

Ckanus, Twitchstick, and Easykeeper, I was thinking on the same page as all of you... I think something short/to the point might be the way to go.

:campfire:    :archer:
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline CoilSpring

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
"God's creation is merely a reflection of your true beauty."
CoilSpring

Offline Turkeys Fear Me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
How about...

"I got this bow for my wife....Pretty good trade, dontcha think?"

:biglaugh:

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Derek,

Nothing mushy to me..I'm having a bow made now by Lee Hoots and a Side Quiver by Art Vincent and both will have Psalms 127: 3-5 Quoted on them...Family and people in general are a Blessing to us all and sometimes we want them to know just how much they mean to us so we have it written just not in our hearts but on our things we enjoy in life as a reminder just how much we Love them...These things like bows, arrows,quivers and such are just Material things but I see no reason not to show your appreciation to the ones it is intended for by having something written on our equipment just to show them how much they are Loved...Go find something that speaks from your heart...Mine was Psalms 127: 3-5 cause God has Blessed me beyond measure with two daughters and these two girls we adopted and "They are my two arrows in my Quiver"! Art Vincent is carving two arrows on my Quiver with ladybugs ...I just ordered it and when it's completed I'll try my best to post it on here...God Bless, Keefer's <")))><

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2011, 01:58:00 PM »
"You think this bow is pretty"? You should see the Women that gave it to me...This does two things for ya Derek...#1 it will make her feel more important then the bow and #2 she just might let ya get more equipment later cause you made up some Mushy stuff women love to hear...  :biglaugh:

Offline frassettor

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
pm sent...
"Everything's fine,just fine". Dad

Offline Cookus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2011, 05:23:00 PM »
When my wife and I married, we both had Black Widow PSAV's made to each of our respective specifications as a wedding present to ourselves.   On the upper limb, my bow carries an outline of the state of West Virginia with my wife's name across it.   Likewise, my wifes bow carries my name across the WV outline.   My bow sports a buck on the lower limb while hers has a doe on it.   It's a wonderful feeling to see my wife's name beside me and reflect on those slow fall days afield!    I think it's time to put her name on my Wesley Special come to think of it!
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©