3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: superglue for overlays??  (Read 348 times)

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
superglue for overlays??
« on: June 10, 2007, 08:44:00 PM »
Who uses it on overlays and how do ya get along with it? Also,how durable and longlasting is it?

Thanks,Kenny
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline wyatts daddy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: superglue for overlays??
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
I was told by bodork to use ca thick from keithfulmerwoodworking.com and I just love it. It can be a bear if you let it get on the limbs where you don't want it though. What I do is put it where I want it before I glue it up, then I place tape around the area just on the outside of the overlay to keep the glue from getting on the limb passed the spot I need it for the overlay. I have had it come off on one bow nut it's because I made the overlay to long and it go into the working part of the bow.
Bill
The only thing I love more than hunting is my kids. 6 boys one perfect little girl.

Online kennym

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2007, 10:10:00 PM »
Mike,you had anything come off? I started using it about 10 bows ago and can't believe how easy it is to use.If stuff will stay on with it,I'm gonna really like it(cept for the smell!)
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Offline Adam Keiper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »
For horn on wood, I also use Kwick it thick superglue gel.  It's always worked fine for that.  5-min epoxy works well, too.  I've had a couple of failures using Kwick-it with deer antler overlays on wood, however, due to the underside of the antler being very honeycombed and porous.  I prefer Urac 185 on wood on wood glue-ups.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©