3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WISHES and DREAMS DO COME TRUE ("LIFE-ENDER")  (Read 659 times)

Offline Firecracker

• Trad Bowhunter
WISHES and DREAMS DO COME TRUE ("LIFE-ENDER")
« on: February 13, 2011, 05:30:00 AM »
Wishes and dreams do come true. We are always talking about what our dreams are, what we are wishing for, our dreams or wishes that have been fulfilled, and the ones that haven't been fulfilled, yet. My dream wasn't necessarily a certain type of bow or even a certain type of wood, it was to be part of the actual building process, beyond only choosing wood combinations, length, weight, and draw. I wanted my longbow to be a personal extension of myself, to become a statement of who I am, to be a definition of my personality, to be contradicting, yet unusual and unique, to make others look beyond the 1st glance and come back again, and again, and again... I was fortunate enough to have a Bowyer, that allowed me to help him through every stage of custom-building my "DREAM" longbow. As I stood beside the bowyer, I watched my dream come to life beneath his hands, as the final lines and curves began to surface, the grains of the different wood choices(which he constantly advised against, as he did not think the wood choices were going to compliment each other), seemed to meld together and begin to breathe with new life, to achieve the purpose that it was destined for - a "LIFE-ENDER"!                                                                                            
The Bowyer - Chad Francis of "Lostcreekbows", is very friendly, understanding, and also very compromising to unusual requests. A true, down-to-earth, small-town country boy, who really loves his craft and truly just wants to make everyone happy to the best of his ability. As he worked, he explained, in-depth, every stage and process along the way, he constantly fitted my hand around the grip, to get the perfect fit I had been searching for. When my bow was finished, I couldn't believe what I was seeing, it was everything I requested, everything I tried to describe! I fell completely in-love, she was gorgeous, and her name was "FIRE N' ICE" - the fire within. Since I placed my hand on the grip, anchored my arrow, took aim, and released the first arrow, I seem to hit exactly where I intend to, in or grouped around a Bulls-Eye!!! Below are pictures of my 4th and newest "Lostcreek", a RH 56" 37@28" "Lostcreek" "Life-Ender" Curly Maple Riser, w/Quilted Bubinga diagonally intersected, front limbs- Tamo Ash, belly limb- Quilted Maple, Curly Maple and Quilted Bubinga overlays on front, belly and tips. Whisper quiet, no twang or snap, the only sound is the "thunk", immediately after release, of the arrow meeting target. Performance is outstanding,(fast and deadly), while the beauty is surpassed by none,(in my personal opinion), though I'm beginning to believe that I may be slightly biased......
 I hope, that each and every archer that is dreaming or wishing of a custom-built "dream bow", has the opportunity to find a Bowyer, like mine! Chad works with the most basic tools and equipment, he doesn't own a fancy shop or fancy machinery, he doesn't have employees, yet he produces not only a hunting bow, but a true "work-of-art". If you're looking for a Bowyer who will answer your questions, who will worry about what each person wants or needs and not about filling another number on his to-do list, then stop procrastinating and join the "I LOVE MY LOSTCREEK FAN CLUB"!

:archer2:        

" Always look for a silver lining"

Offline cyred4d

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WISHES and DREAMS DO COME TRUE ("LIFE-ENDER")
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 06:33:00 AM »
Congrats on your new bow. That is stunning.

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 06:59:00 AM »
Originally posted by cyred4d:
Congrats on your new bow. That is stunning.
Yeah.."stunning" just about sums it up for me too!   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 07:06:00 AM »
Lost creek bows are amazing little bows.

The fit and finish show the quality you have come to expect from only the best.(not necessarily the most expensive)

Congratulations!

God bless,Mudd

PS: Thank you for sharing.
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 07:24:00 AM »
No offense but if you had shown pics before the story I believe that the outcome would have been the same. What I mean is that, just by looking at the beauty that jumps off the screen the bow must have had a lot of planning and love to come to life. That is one of the nicest looking bows that I have ever seen. It is definately in the top 3 for sure. Congrats on a beauty of a bow and thank you for sharing(bragging,lol) with us.
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 07:59:00 AM »
You planned it good,you had the dream,he had the experience,for sure something really personal!Congrats.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline GMASIUK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 08:03:00 AM »
Wow, nice bow and a great story! I too have a LIFE-ENDER on order with Chad. I hope it turns out a nice as yours did. I'd like to use mine for turkey season this spring, if I get it soon enough to practice with. Susan, What are shooting for an arrow out it?

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Very awesome looking Bow, Chad does have a gift. Fire N Ice is a classy Bow. Shoot well good luck Don
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
:notworthy:      :notworthy:      :notworthy:  

ummm....WOW!

Offline 1oldbowguy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 08:35:00 AM »
:notworthy:
Always say what you mean, that way people will know you mean what you say.

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
Very Classy,love those limbs.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 10:41:00 AM »
Thanks for the story.  That's a very nice looking bow.

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
BEAUTIFUL !!!!

Thanks for sharing the story, and I hope you make many memories with such a special bow.
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 10:55:00 AM »
Great story....Surely an amazing bow.  Not only is it what you had in your "dream" for looks, but it sounds like exactly what you wanted for a shooter also.  I hope it gives you a lifetime of enjoyment.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline Duker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 11:10:00 AM »
Dreams do come true ! Great story and awesome looking bow . Congrats   :thumbsup:

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2011, 11:49:00 AM »
A beauty. Shoot it with pride!
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Firecracker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2011, 12:54:00 PM »
I am shooting Predator II CARBON EXPRESS 800's, my friend Dennis-of "GIT'R'DONEARCHERY", in Canada, sent as a gift at the end of summer last year.  They are cut to 28", with 125 grain field point, I draw 26 1/2, I  was shooting 165-167 FPS over the "chrony", consistently. Thank you everyone for all your favorable comments, I sure do love my "Life-Ender"! THANK YOU CHAD, YOU REALLY ARE THE BEST!
" Always look for a silver lining"

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Beautiful bow, the limb veneers are out of this world.

Offline Lost Creek Bows

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
This was one tough customer. If I can make her happy the rest should be easy. The only thing worse than shopping with your wife is trying to build her the bow of her dreams. Chad
May the spirit of archery always be with you,and keep you young at heart.  www.lostcreekbow-com.webs.com

Offline crotch horn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »
Chad,
You have done it again. Just amazing!!!
I will be contacting you soon about another bow. The NAT will never be sold or replaced but a backup bow is something I'll need just in case. You are an artist my friend.

Good luck and many straight arrows from yor dream bow.
   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©