3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TRI STATE pheasant hunt  (Read 364 times)

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
TRI STATE pheasant hunt
« on: February 12, 2011, 09:19:00 AM »
Looking for a few guys who would be interested in a trad hunt for pheasant.  TANJ has been running a hunt for years on a NJ preserve an everyone always has a great time.  The numbers have been dwindling the last couple years and I think we may not have one this year.  I hunt pheas several times a year by myself but it is a lot more fun with a group.  The more arrows in the air the more chance of hitting a bird.  If you have never done this before dont be intimidated.  Every year there are newbies who end up taking a bird in flite.  Usually the first words out of their mouths are "Man that was awesome, when can we do this again". I live in central N.J. and local preserves include Bent Creek, Buttonwood, and Powderbourne.  If anyone knows of other places I am open for suggestion.  I figure it won't be more than 100 per person.  I have a dog and enough flu flus for several hunters.

please post images no wider than 640, thanx

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/bowzonly/TanjPheas0012.jpg[/IMG]

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TRI STATE pheasant hunt
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Here is a bird falling out of the sky after being hit by a first timer  http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f218/bowzonly/TanjPheas0214.jpg[/IMG]

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 09:31:00 AM »
My dog Jasmine and two roosters I took with a bird head of my own design.  This photo was in TBM a few years back

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
I'm in!  Just tell me when and where.  Obviously a Saturday would be best.  After a little melt would be even better.

I live in Sussex County and I think there is a Buttonwood in Phillipsberg.  Is that the one you are talking about?

My 14 yo nephew also shoots trad.  Anyage restrictions?  Depending on the date he may be able to attend.
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
Yes Mitch that is the Buttonwood I am referring to.  No age restrictions.  Sundays are also open as well.  I work every other weekend. This weekend (12th and 13) I am off so next weekend I am on.  Should be some warm weather this week to melt some snow.

Offline Mitch-In-NJ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Should we wait a little and see if anyone else is interested before picking a weekend?
"The encouragement of a proper hunting spirit, a proper love of sport, instead of being incompatible with a love of nature and wild things, offers the best guaranty for their preservation."

-- Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
I might be interested, I hunted a preserve down the road from six flags years ago, sorry don't remember the name, I'll be following this thread
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2011, 05:12:00 PM »
Sure Mitch, I was just giving you my basic sched.  I am pretty flexible.  Montauks, I think you are talking about Bent Creek.

Offline Jerry Jeffer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
I have a NJ license and I'm not far from P-burg I would be interested.
I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High.

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
For you out of state hunter you can get a one day license at the NJ preserves. Powderbourne (in  Pa) does not require a Pa. license.  It looks like most are leaning toward Buttonwood (near Philipsburg NJ) though.

Offline imskippy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 11:05:00 PM »
I'd love to get in on this but it all depends on when it takes place. I'll keel an eye on tuis one.
Zona Custom T/D #1
Zona Custom R/D L/B #1

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
It looks like we have about 5 or 6 people so far.  That's a good size group.  How about the weekend of the 26/27?

Offline Swiper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
I would like to participate also. What cost?

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 03:50:00 PM »
I am going to keep the cost down to 100 per hunter.  I have a dog so there is no need to hire one (and no guide to tip).  Anyone else who has a dog is welcome to bring them.

Online Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
TTT
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Enjuto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2011, 09:41:00 PM »
I'm in, if there is a slot for me and some patience with my ignorance about pheasant hunting!

Offline Dave Bowers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
I'd be interested as well. I just have to get ahold of some flu flu's. Just not sure if the finances will be up to it   :dunno:
I can give a definite later on if that's ok?

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
Dave I have enough flu flus for two other hunters if anyone needs them. Lets say we shoot for Sat the 26th at Buttonwood in Philipsburg N.J.  Let me know if that is good for everyone.  If so I will call and make a reservation and have everyone send a deposit to Button. to reserve our spot.  Enjuto, if you can't work out the license thing I would love to have you along anyway, there is always room for new friends.

Offline bowzonly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Who is in for Sat the 26th of Feb?  I will call today and let them know we are coming. I will also let you know how much of a deposit we need.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©