3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The latest KUIU update....another update tonight 2/22  (Read 668 times)

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The latest KUIU update....another update tonight 2/22
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2011, 12:24:00 AM »
I think Goretex bought Sitka.

KUIU, I sure hope you guys make a pant with a 32" or longer inseam for us guys with a 32" or less waist. A 31" inseam is a bad joke imo.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2011, 08:09:00 AM »
Screamin,  This is directly from the review...

"The Attack Pant is available in KUIU’s Vias Camouflage and Charcoal Grey at the wholesale price of only $139.99 at kuiu.com.  This pant would retail for $249.99.  The Attack Pant is available in 32, 34, 36, 38 & 40″ waist sizes with a 35″ inseam and a 1″ cuff you may let out if you need to extend the pant to a 35 3/4″” inseam."

For shorter guys like me, thanks to the clean simple design with no un-needed leg zippers, these pants are easily hemmed up to the length we need them at.

Like Jason says, it's easy to loose some material, but it's awful tough to add it.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Guru, outstanding! Thanks

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
Can't blame anyone for not posting a picture on this site, but I'd like to see the camo pattern.

Bowmania
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 09:59:00 AM »
Bowmania, click on the link at the first post on this thread. Theres a great pic as well as a lot of other info on the gear.

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2011, 10:09:00 AM »
O.K. Curt I am a shorter guy like you.Most pants I have bought with long inseam also have a long crotch which hangs too low.29/30" inseam fits much better than a 34" inseam in any other pants I have tried.Only asking b/c I really like these pants but don't want to spend that kind of money and have a baggy crotch.Kip

Offline screamin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 10:20:00 AM »
Kip, great question. In spite of my long legs I also like a shorter crotch so the pants ride on my hips, not around my navel when pulled up.

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Jason Hairston, who is the founder and CEO of Kuiu, was also the founder and CEO of Sitka Gear. He sold out of Sitka Gear to start a new company where he could maintain creative and quality control and operate under his new business model that includes only direct sales to customers without the added costs and difficulties of maintaining a wholesale and retail distribution chain. There are many advantages to Jason's new business model, including better gear at a lower price. The disadvantages? None, except for the people in the distribution chain who have been eliminated from selling Kuiu products!

I have met Jason on a couple of occasions, and he is the real thing! I have a lot of Sitka Gear,  I will probably keep most of it and just add the Kuiu stuff. I saw the fabrics and the prototype pack frame at the Reno Safari Club convention and they are better than anything similar offered by the competition. From what I have seen and read, Jason will also have the best designs and the best construction, based on the philosophy of creating what works best in the field rather than what looks best on the store shelves and racks. My only concern is that I will buy too much as an early adopter and then have Jason make some great changes or additions in response to comments from users (Jason listens to his customers!!!). When that happens I may wish I had waited a little longer for the updated version. Fortunately for me, Kuiu will offer some of the more basic items in its first production runs and then add more in the future, so I will be somewhat protected from myself. The primary additional piece of clothing I want now that Jason will not be offering until later is pants made with the fabric used in the guide vest and jacket. I'm sure the guide pants will be coming out before too long -- hopefully by late season this year.

The Kuiu camo will be fantastic for most uses, like camo patterns such as ASAT, Predator and Winona, but for dark green, fairly solid backgrounds Kuiu probably is not the ideal pattern, nor will it be too good for spring turkey hunting because the birds see colors and you need to match the color of your background. No camo pattern will work well in every condition, including Kuiu. In all fairness, Kuiu clothing is made specifically for mountain hunting, so it may be a bit of a compromise in some other environments, although I live in Oklahoma and think the camo pattern will be great for 80% or more of my hunting situations. I plan on getting some solid colors and using the camo more sparingly, like in the guide vest and the head cover, so my outline will be broken up, but I can wear the clothing to and from the hunt without looking too camoed up and sticking out like a sore thumb. And no one is saying that you can't use other brands of clothing in conjunction with the Kuiu stuff. I know I will.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2011, 06:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Izzy:
Bowmania, click on the link at the first post on this thread. Theres a great pic as well as a lot of other info on the gear.
Thanx Iz...
Curt } >>--->   

Offline wapitimike1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2011, 06:48:00 AM »
Well i loaded up on the Sitka gear and have to say I like all of it. If they put the same design and R&D into it I'm sure it'll be topself stuff. I guess change is good that's why I'm on my tenth wife!!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 06:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Kip:
O.K. Curt I am a shorter guy like you.Most pants I have bought with long inseam also have a long crotch which hangs too low.29/30" inseam fits much better than a 34" inseam in any other pants I have tried.Only asking b/c I really like these pants but don't want to spend that kind of money and have a baggy crotch.Kip
Kip, I have about a 31" inseam and the proto-type Attack pants I wore while hunting fit great, no saggy crotch at all.  I believe you'll be just fine.

Truly impressive clothing.  Only when you get the chance to actually see it, feel it, and wear it will you all appreciate the extreme effort Jason has put forth to bring us all the best ultra light hunting clothing and gear availible!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
Hey Curt, Do you know if his rainwear is going to be packable,(compactable down to a small, say coke can size)? When I first went on his website a few weeks ago there was a list of products, now I can't seem to find it...Thanks, T
Bragging may not bring happiness,
but no man having caught a large fish,goes home through the alley.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Owl,  Jason will be doing a detailed review of the Chugach rain shell soon. But here is some infor from back in November...

http://kuiu.wordpress.com/2010/11/16/waterproof-breathable-fabric-options/

Here is the list of items you spoke of...it can be found in the archives...the month of January...

http://kuiu.wordpress.com/2011/01/18/kuius-pricing-structure/
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
Thanks

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Another update tonight...A review of the Chugach rain shell jacket...

An awesome piece of extreme weather clothing!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2011, 11:26:00 PM »
C'mon.....treestand/groundblind insulated pieces already!
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline Owlgrowler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Now THAT'S a rain coat

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Latest review...The Guide jacket...

http://kuiu.wordpress.com/
Curt } >>--->   

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
Curt is the pant "comparable" in toughness to the Mountain Pant? I get the DWR part.....

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
Curt is the pant "comparable" in toughness to the Mountain Pant? I get the DWR part.....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©