3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: double bull vs. hidden hunter  (Read 1456 times)

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
double bull vs. hidden hunter
« on: February 16, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
Hey guys, I need a new turkey blind.  I know both ot these are great blinds, but which one do you guys like better?  Also, I've never seen a hidden hunter in person, what is the material of the blind?  Is is similar to the double bull?

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: double bull vs. hidden hunter
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 12:01:00 PM »
emailed you

Offline matthewp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
I dont think that you can go wrong with the Double Bull.

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
I checked out the hidden hunter blinds on their video, and I think it is a good blind. But there are more features in the double bull, especially if you look for a used "Made in the USA" one.
Although I can understand that the guys sold out to Primos,I hate their new camo and the now "Made in China" approach.At least I could not find a "Made in the USA" statement anywhere.

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 02:19:00 PM »
Hidden Hunter blinds work great and are made in Michigan, USA! Mine is the DAT camo and turkeys totally ignore it. I set up right out in the open field and had one drum about a foot from the back of my blind! Believe me, that is LOUD!

They are a little on the tight side for more than one guy, but there is plenty of room for me and plenty of height for my bows. The only thing I wish they would do differently is include the shoot-through screens with the blind rather than selling them separately.

I'm kind of stubborn on this point, but I won't buy a Chinese blind, no matter how good it may be. If you don't mind supporting the Chinese takeover of our country, that is up to you I guess. I'll stick with American made, thank you.
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 02:20:00 PM »
The Hidden Hunter blind is made with pride in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, U. S. A. made by hunters for hunters. It was designed to withstand the heavy snow loads of the North Country. Dementions are 6X6' with six zippered windows. It had 6 sides supported by 7 steel rods which are attached both top and bottom giving the blind great strength. It sets up in seconds and it can be picked up and moved or staked down by 6 cords. The material is called Tuff-Tech, which is like a rip-stop nylon but without the shine of nylon. Patterns available are DAT (digital all terrain) with a color combination of light gray, dark gray, and beige. The "Woodland Camo" (digital woodland terrain) dark green,light green, beige, brown and black.

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline firsted

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
Not my thread but my thanks for the info anyway - been wanting to pick up a good blind for the fall.
*** Skysoldier - 1/509 ABN

--"You don't get old until your dreams are replaced by regrets"--

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 04:01:00 PM »
These two are good blinds no doubt and there are many other great blinds on the market today at great prices, to consider.

Offline CDR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 05:27:00 PM »
I just watched the video on the HH and man does that look easy to set up, I like the vertical windows too!!

Might have one sent to the lower peninsula before this fall!

Offline T Sunstone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »
I don't see the height, can you shoot a 66" bow ?

Offline Lost Arra

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
I just received my Hidden Hunter from Ron. I really like it and it's just as easy to set up as it looks in the video. I got the 6x6 model.

I also had not seen one in person but based on my experience with a Shrew bow I couldn't see Ron selling a marginal product.

I can't fairly compare it to a Double Bull for longevity. I've hunted in a DB one time and my HH has more bow room.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
Watched the video 6 ft wide and 6 ft tall.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
In the video, the man setting up the blind is 6'5" tall and the blind he sets up is the 5X5 gun hunting blind. Later when he's drawing his bow in the blind he's in a 6X6 bow hunting blind.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
John,

I went through looking at a LOT of blinds last year before I bought one. Shoot me an email; I have a better option than either of the two you mentioned.

Online Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
I have no experience with the HH blinds, but I love my DB matrix recurve model!

Offline Whitetail Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2011, 12:58:00 AM »
Never used the hidden hunter but love my double bull dark horse blind. Ive used several others out there and I have to say the double bull blinds are my favorite hands down.
Striker takedown rec. 52#@28
Hummingbird Alphamale rec. 53#@28
Zipper standard rec. 54#@28
Striker Slapstick 56#@28

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
I used DB's for years  and last purchased 2 HH's.  The only downfall in my opinion is there is some wind flap with the HH vs none in the DB.
Make a life, not a living

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
I used DB's for years and last purchased 2 HH's. The only downfall in my opinion is there is some wind flap with the HH vs none in the DB.  
LBM, I've never had a problem with wind flap with my HH blinds. Are you tying them down tight enough? The 5 tie down cords are attached at the top of the hub and run down midway through loops on the side of the blind. When you snug them down it will actually squat the blind down. I've had mine left out in some pretty bad wind storms with no problems except maybe having to re-snug the cords near the stake.

Offline Thunderhorn25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
I've had two doubles bulls and don't think there a better blind on the market personally.

Offline Rod in SC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 03:36:00 PM »
Buy American and vote for Donald Trump in 2012!   :D
Rod Martin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©