3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: double bull vs. hidden hunter  (Read 1457 times)

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: double bull vs. hidden hunter
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Russ, I may need to check out your blind too the next time you visit, this thread makes me think I need one!

Offline 30coupe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2011, 11:03:00 PM »
Okay, Jason. I really do intend to come over, but I keep getting sidetracked.    :banghead:
Kanati 58" 44# @ 28" Green glass on a green riser
Bear Kodiak Magnum 52" 45# @ 28"
Bodnik Slick Stick longbow 58" 40# @ 28"
Bodnik Kiowa 52" 45# @ 28"
Kanati 58" 46# @ 28" R.I.P (2007-2015)
Self-made Silk backed Hickory Board bow 67" 49# @ 28"
Bear Black Bear 60" 45# @28"
NRA Life Member

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
HH for me   :thumbsup:  

Eric

Offline LITTLEBIGMAN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 01:54:00 AM »
Ron

do you use shoot thru screens on your windows when deer hunting? do you think the black hole without screens has alarming effect to deer?
Make a life, not a living

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2011, 10:01:00 AM »
 Ron  do you use shoot thru screens on your windows when deer hunting? do you think the black hole without screens has alarming effect to deer?  
Yes I have shot through the screens but I prefer my shooting window to be open because the camo pattern of the screen is somewhat distracting for an instinctive shooter trying to concentrate on a spot on the animal. I wouldn't say that the hole is alarming but it may sometimes make the deer suspicious. I just don't shoot at em when they're looking at the hole...   :rolleyes:

I do sometimes use the screens over a couple of the windows on the sides of the blind so I can see whats going on around me.

Looking through the horizontal windows in late December.The snow is on the window flaps that are not let down all the way.

We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Nice blind. Hey Ron do you have a pic of the plind packed up and ready to carry? Ive checked the web site and dont see one. Dose it have a carry bag or shoulder straps of some kind?
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2011, 02:55:00 PM »
There's a link to click on to see a demonstration of setup and take down. The first blind shown is the 5X5 gun blind, not the 6X6 bow blind.

http://www.shrewbows.com/hiddenhunterblinds/index.html

http://www.hiddenhunterblinds.com/hiddenhunter.html
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2011, 10:33:00 PM »
Thank you Ron, i saw those videos, i don't know how i missed the way it was carried over the shoulder   :banghead:  

Thanks again
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Big Riser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
RON CAN WE ORDER THE BLIND WITH ALL VERTICAL WINDOWS ???????
Frank

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
If anyone's interested I just put my Double bull on the classifieds "Dark horse",I had it for sale there one time and thought I would use it in my woods that I was purchasing 40 acres. I don't hunt trick you very much and they say that they're the best for Turkey ,I've always hunted on the ground with a natural setting for deer .

This one's made me USA ,Purchased it directly from Brooks, I only live about 15 minutes from his shop.

IT SOLD

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2011, 03:32:00 PM »
 RON CAN WE ORDER THE BLIND WITH ALL VERTICAL WINDOWS ???????  
Yes you can, it would be a special order with an additional cost. How much more I'm not sure but I can find out.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I'd like to know also Ron,About the whole vertical windows,

Thanks

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 29, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Reviving an old thread to gather some current opinions...
I am looking hard at the Hidden Hunter and the Double Bull Double Wide and would like to hear reports and opinions from current users. One thing that concerns me about the Double Bull is reports of less than stellar quality. Anyone have experience to share regarding this?
Also, with the HH blind, I would assume it stakes down?
Preferences from those who have used both?
Thanks.
Kevin

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 29, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
I just bought Primos Club XXL. It is terrific. I've had several varieties including Double Bull Dark Horse and Americstep.

An important thing about the Club XXL is that center height is 78".

Offline bofish-IL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 29, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »
I had one of the double bull blinds right after they came out and used it for years. Very well made. Then they came out with the matrix models and I ordered one of them

With the new overseas matrix the material was no where near as thick as the old double bull was. The first time I set the matrix up from the box I didn't notice some of the fiberglass poles were not inside the web sleeves in the corner. So when I pushed on the hub one pole ripped a foot long hole in the fabric.

After many months it was replaced finally. When I took the replacement out of the box 2 of the black covers to cover up the slotted windows were hanging from one stitch in the corner. You could see the hole pattern where a needle had went through the material But apparently someone forgot to use thread with the machine. After a couple years the cheap webbing used in the corners for the fiberglass poles sleeve begun to wear out letting the pole come through the webbing. So I bought a sewing awe and replaced some of the webbing.

I don't know how well the news ones are made but the ones from overseas were not anywhere near the quality of the older ones.
PBS  Member

Offline tracker12

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 29, 2013, 05:40:00 PM »
I have hunted out of a bunch of blinds over the years.  I currently own 4 Double Bull Blinds,, two original Matrix, on Dark Horse and one T2.  They set up easily and do not make noise in a wind.  Plus the versatility  of the window on the is great.  I cN'T SPEAK TO THE HH Blinds.
T ZZZZ

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2013, 05:44:00 PM »
Originally posted by tracker12:
Plus the versatility  of the window on the is great.  I cN'T SPEAK TO THE HH Blinds.
Versatility of the window on which one...all of them, or is it one particular model?
Thanks.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2013, 07:32:00 PM »
I got a double bull dark horse, you can adjust the front to help with bow lengths.

It got matrix open front and port holes in the rear.

Offline Kevin Hansen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2013, 07:34:00 PM »
Thanks, Keb.

Offline Keb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2013, 07:48:00 PM »
If I was looking for one I would buy the older matrix if you can find one and put the light weight carbon hub system in it.

The older matrix is lighter than what primos is using, quite a bit lighter. You could have a weight saving of 8lbs.

You can buy the light weight hubs from primos for 50 dollars, the hubs alone shed 5 lbs.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©