3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ????? FLETCH TAPE ???????  (Read 694 times)

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
????? FLETCH TAPE ???????
« on: June 11, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
:help:    :help:    :help:  
I fletched a few arrows with fletch tape and shot them on Sat. They really suprised me. I thought for sure my feathers would be flying off but instead, my groups got tighter and the arrows seemed to perform better. Didn't loose any feathers. I put a drop of glue in front and to the rear of the feathers.

Any comments or opinions will be usefull.
Thanks all!!!!!!!  :wavey:
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ????? FLETCH TAPE ???????
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 06:35:00 PM »
You got it right!I lost many feathers when I used certain fletch glues whenever I used thin membraned feathers.The tape solved that problem and then some.Its some really good stuff even though its not real trad.

Offline Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
It is all I have used for several years now, and have now complaints.  Even after the feathers getting wet a couple of times and the occasional miss I have, LOL.... I mean the very often misses, they have held up remarkably well.  

jake
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline LBR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Great stuff, and makes replacing a single feather or re-fletching the entire arrow a whole lot easier.  I've used it for years, no complaints here.

Chad

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2007, 06:43:00 PM »
I agree... pretty hard to beat fletch tape   :thumbsup:

Offline Bodork

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
Same here. I've had half the feather ripped off which is no fault of the tape. It's easier to re-do one that needs repair also.

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 07:25:00 PM »
i just started usin it this year, and i love this stuff! works better than i thought...
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :clapper:    :jumper:
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2007, 09:04:00 PM »
LOVE THE STUFF!<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2007, 10:44:00 PM »
I had a dozen arrows lose their fletching a few years back using the tape.  Must have been something to do with the paint I was using.  I think it was Rustolium if I remember correctly.  I started using it again this past hunting season and everything held together great.  Sure makes quick work of putting four fletch arrows together.

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 10:48:00 PM »
Love it!!!!  I can't imagine ever going back to glue.

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline electric blues

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
I just lost a feather on my new eastons using Fletch-Tite Platinum. I hate the stuff, I can't get it to stick to anything, on two others the hen feathers just unglued in the middle. I just bought some plastic cresting material to cover the shaft. I'm gonna fletch the rest with super glue.

My question, is this better or worse than the fletch tape? And where do you order it online? I havnt found any on 3 Rivers.

Offline TradAlaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2007, 01:06:00 AM »
Greetings electric blues -- 3 Rivers does have it. It where I buy mine.  Search 3 rivers for Feather Tape or Fletching Tape, either should lead you to the tape.

Cheers from Alaska

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
Go with the fletch tape E B, you won't be sorry.

I just refletched some arrows this morning that I had orginally fletched with the tape. I did a dozen arrows in about an hour. That includes stripping the old fletching off. I'll never go back to glue, it would have taken me much longer if I'd used glue originally.

Do a search for Bohning Fletch Tape...least I think it's a Bohning product. Every one just calls it Fletch Tape, & some times I don't remember so well.   :help:
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Claypipe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2007, 02:07:00 AM »
If someone tried to take my fletch tape at gunpoint, I wouldn't even bother to ask if they wanted salt or pepper before I fed them their gun!  If that don't explain how much I love that stuff then nothin' will.  'Nuff said, TMG.
I love animals!  They're delicious!

Offline nd chickenman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2007, 02:09:00 AM »
I found an arrow that I lost last year in the high grass, feathers were on with tape and still intact. I will continue to use it.

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »
I have a question.I have heard in hot weather , that fletch tape will move around on the shaft,so I havent tried it. It gets really hot here,will be around 95 degrees today.Anyone had that happen?---------Bone  :saywhat:

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
Hey Bone, SEMO summers are consistently in the mid to high 90's with humidity to match the temps, and I've not had any trouble losing fletch taped feathers. A drop of duco on the front and one on the back seems to do the trick.
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline BONE

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
Thanks Ozark--Think I will give it a try,sure seems a lot quicker than glue.---Bone

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
BONE,

I have never used anything but fletch tape for feathers past 10yrs. I have hunted in temp up to 105F with no problems at all. Left arrows in truck at 120 or better no problem. If anything heat makes tape stick better. Only problem I have had with tape is with areosol water proofing for feathers it turns glue on tape to gooy mess and you'll have to redo them all. I found this out the night befor leaving on a moose hunt and of course I sprayed all of the before I noticed the problem.
hunt it

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©