3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Compton Staying In Berrien Springs  (Read 322 times)

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
Compton Staying In Berrien Springs
« on: February 18, 2011, 09:58:00 AM »
I thought I would start another thread on this topic.  There is another thread where there was the impression that Compton was looking to move away from the Berrien County Sportsman Club with its summer rendezvous.  That is NOT the case!

The Berrien County Sportsman Club provides a massive amount of manpower to make that event happen every year, and that kind of effort would be difficult to duplicate anywhere.  The rendezvous could not possibly happen without their support.

From what I have been told, the only "push" is to grow the organization, and truly become the premier national traditional bowhunting organization that it is intended to be.  Whether that expansion might include another rendezvous in a second location, or maybe a banquet, or whatever, remains to be seen.  Partnering with another group or organization might be a great possibility.

But the main point is, Compton remains commited to the summer rendezvous in Berrien Springs.  It has grown into the event of the summer for so many people, and it is great to know that the plans are to have it remain that way for years to come.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Compton Staying In Berrien Springs
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Thanks for the update Joe
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline dan d

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Yippee !
I will see you all there this June !
Thanks for the info !
Dan
Compton member & Michigan Traditional Bowhunter member.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 11:14:00 AM »
Yep, thought that would be the case.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »
That's great news for you guys who live back east.  :thumbsup:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
Good news for those that can make the MI Rendezvous.  Also good news for those in the rest of the country that options to expand are also being looked at.  There are a number of things that might work.  

This is a big country, and and I would think that lots of possibilities are out there.

One thing to remember is that Compton is so much more than just one big gathering in the summer, even though that is the first thing that many people think about when they hear the mention of Compton.  

Compton is about promoting the use of tradtioanl archery equipment for bowhunters of all ages.  The youth program and the traditional archives program are two examples of what is done beyond the summer rendezvous.  And there is room to do so much more.  

Traditional archery is a great activity, and Compton is at the forefront of promoting what is so special to all of us.  Even if you are not able to make the rendezvous or other event, your membership in Compton helps to preserve what we all love.
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Those options you mention have been discussed for years. If ever there is a second event my bet is that it will be held in the southeast, not the west.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2011, 12:53:00 PM »
Good
Aim Small

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Compton Staying in Berrien Springs !!!!!

:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :archer2:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2011, 06:34:00 PM »
Thanks for the update, Joe. I live in Maryland but made a point in getting to Berrien Springs two years ago. The "big storm" event. That was something else. To see all the vendors, club members, and attendees band together to get the tent back up and just continue on to make the best of a bad situation was fantastic. Those images are my reminders why I love the traditional crowd so much. I plan to attend again some day.

Best of luck with the Directors position. I'll be sending in my vote.

Dave
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
Thanks Whip. I think you could agree that after reading the candidate profiles one could fairly raise the question that I raised, Is/Was Compton and the new leadership looking to make changes to the annual event in Michihan i.e. Alternating sites, additional gatherings, etc. The phrase" there is a perception that Compton's is that MICHIGAN event" seemed to jump out to me. I agree it is the finest trad event I have ever attended, though I haven't attended all of them. It certainly is good conversation for our leaders to consider.
Mike Gerard  owlbait  Compton member
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
What about the true East? I read that Ron W drove 700 miles. I would like to see an event in the real east like NY city or maybe in Maine. This would be equal to what the western guys want. So anyway please keep this part of the country in mind.

Regards,
Rick [Grouse]

Offline David Bartholomew

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2011, 07:02:00 PM »
This will be my first time at the Compton shoot, and although I'm really not looking forward to the 755 mile drive.... I'm very much looking forward to trying this event.

David
WTCS(SW/DV)  USN Retired

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
Thanks joe for helping to clear this up. One hurdle that Compton Traditional Bowhunters (CTB) faces is the need to grow our membership. There are currently about 1200 die hard bowhunters that are members of CTB. Even while walking around and speaking with people at the Berrien Springs shoot I was amazed at how many people in attenance were not members of CTB. Many of those people did not even know that CTB was a national orginization!! The board is aware that people in other parts of the country need "hands on" events to feel more of a part of CTB. These new event locations would not only take time to get going, but would need member support in those regions. The point being is that CTB is the only traditional only orginazation in North America and we need your support. There are over 20,000 members here on Tradgang and only a couple of hundred are members of Compton Traditional Bowhunters. A larger and growing membership base would help CTB to have the means to have other events in other parts of the country. To find out more about Compton Traditional Bowhunters, check out their website and think about joining.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Are there any traditional hunting clubs here in ks, or how can you join one.
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Stone Sheep, very well said. I agree 100%.  :thumbsup:

Offline LBOW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
Thanks Joe-----I would go somewhere if I had to but Barrien spring is the best put together shoot around. Over the years I have talked to many of the of the local club and know how much work they put into the show for all of us.  MIKE
Life is tough,it's even tougher if you are stupid. SEMPER FI (63-67)

Offline Bowmania

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Divide and dilute.  NOWAY!!!
I'm not putting up with this guys shit and dogging me.

Offline Stone Sheep

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
ttt
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Board of Directors (past)
United Bowunters of Missouri Board of Directors

Offline BILL LEU

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
30pointbuck---Your out of luck, there use to be what they called the "KTAA- Kansas Traditional Archers Association", does not exist anymore. There is an annual shoot, it switches from Kingman to Ninnescah, this year not sure which club. If you get a hold of Mike at The Nocking Point he'll tell you, he has a web site.
"Bow hunting already has its hero's, its our endeavor to keep the fire burning"- WTL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©