3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 3d shoots  (Read 394 times)

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 3d shoots
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Roy: I gotta get to shoot with you.  I cant walk those hill like I once did.. that will introduce you to the "lets talk about this shot" mentality... LOL
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Brett Wilmore

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
Huntschool's reply is same for what we shoot in AZ.  Our big competition is the Western States Triple Crown (google Arizona Bowhunters Association) which pretty-much models IBO rules.  There are other great trad 3D events hereabouts (or great 3D events which welcome trad) and most have a stake and range for trad, depending on target size, of 15-35 yds.  PS, good practice is finding a FITA Field event and shooting the barebow class.  

Have fun!
Brett

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2011, 07:46:00 PM »
When I was setting up the 3D shoots I would have most deer sixe targets at 18 yards to 35 yards max. The smaller targets like turkeys etc at 15 yards to 20 yards.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline DXH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2011, 10:51:00 PM »
The last one I went to ( A LOONG time ago) we had a spot just past the women and before the novice compound group....

I shot ok, but the best memory was some spoiled teenager bragging about his new something or other bow, and how it was a real bow....then one of the older wheelie gents tapped him on the shoulder and pointed in my direction and said
"That's a real bow sonny"
Ben Pearson Cougar 40#
PSE Black Hawk T/D 55#
Bamboo backed Osage Self bow 57#
Ivory Hunter 60#

Offline legends1

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 12:41:00 AM »
3D's out east that ive seen IBO ect. are around 30 yrds. Here on the west coast its no more than 40yrds.Most at 20-30 yrds. I have been to some shoots that are not trad only shoots and they are set up by wheel bow guys.They dont really understand the trad shooter.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
I can't remember the last time I kept score at a 3D shoot... Most of the time I won't shoot from a stake anyway. Just like to step to the left or right of the trail and have a "real hunting type" shot. But that's just me.  :rolleyes:  

... mike ...  :archer2:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline bowkevin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2011, 09:37:00 AM »
I went to a shoot yesterday and as expected the shots were 10 to 30 yds. Most were in the 12 to 18 yd range with a few closer and 1 or 2 larger targets a little furhter. Thet had 85 shooters and everyone one I met was friendly and helpful.
Wandering through the woods with stick and string

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©