3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: what a difference a string makes.  (Read 172 times)

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
what a difference a string makes.
« on: February 18, 2011, 11:24:00 PM »
I was out shooting my tomahawk diamond series woodland hunter today and decided to try a b50 string on it. After getting the brace hight set I could not believe how much quieter and smoother the bow was to shoot It was always pretty quiet and I had never felt any handshock before with it but the b50 string made it much quieter and there was no hand shock PERIOD. I don't understand why anyone would want to use a fastflight string anymore as there was not any change in arrow speed either. Has anyone else had this kind of experience
James Kerr

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: what a difference a string makes.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 01:14:00 AM »
My shrews are MUCH quieter and have no hand shock with the skinny 450+ strings. I tried other strings and the bow was horrible. I think it really depends on the bow.

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 01:51:00 AM »
I started using SBD strings on my Morrison bows and what a difference that made. Since then all my bows have skinny strings.
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 04:13:00 AM »
I would say most bows shoot quieter,faster and nicer with low stetch strings.

Some do shoot softer,with good manners as well as quieter with B-50.

Thats my experince shooting alot of different bows and testing alot of different strings.

If you cant find a low stretch string that your bow will shoot well with or your unsatisfied with it because of noise,harshness etc.It never hurts to try a b-50 or b-55 and see if thats not the ticket for that particular bow.

Its cured a few bows for me over the years.

Sounds like its working for you compared to your former string.

Thier may be another high performance material and different strand count string that very well may shoot better than your currant B-50 for that bow of yours?Maybe not?

The quality of the construction of the string can make a difference as well.

The string can definatly make a difference one way or the other.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 07:27:00 AM »
Very true! I've found myself in the past unfairly comparing bows because of how well they were fitted to a string instead of the bows themselves. I now try to make sure each bow is outfitted and tuned with the right string for that bow before comparing. I've found that the right string can make the difference in keeping or getting rid of a bow!....Ryan

Offline Jason Kendall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 09:20:00 AM »
I always thought my bows were quite with DF-97, I hooked up with Josh (Oliverstacey) and now use 450+ 8 strand with padded loops. Way better! Softer on the fingers, quiet and shock free.

Offline kat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 09:40:00 AM »
Yes.
Ken Thornhill

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Not all low stretch strings are the same and I feel bow design also plays a factor.I have bows that are quieter with a 450+ and some with D97 and others with 8125.Me personally my only bows I shoot B50 on are a couple of older older vintage recurves.All others I use a low stretch string and not for any speed increase.The bow feels more solid and not springy like with dacron.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©