3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wonderful Shooting Session  (Read 223 times)

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wonderful Shooting Session
« on: February 20, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
Many times in the past I would have a nice shooting session mixed in with numerous average and a few poor shooting sessions. I would continuously analyze and record what I was doing right along with what I was doing wrong. I would review my logs before each new session. Seemed as if I was still not progressing over the years and 5 days/wk sessions. I started to realize that my deductions must be in error. Actually, I didn’t truly know why I may have had a nice session. Kind of like addressing an issue that suddenly became corrected but you didn’t know what actually rectified the problem. When the problem arises again, then you too are at a loss again.

Numerous strokes over the passed several years have set me back, yet I would still try ~5 days to develop some level of competency.  The last one in June of 2010 had me completely missing a large Morrell target 8 out of 10 times @ 20 yards. So for the past 10 months, I have just focused on form and have been slowly progressing.

Well today, I am elated to tell the world I had my best and most pleasurable shooting session ever. More surprisingly, I know why. Besides striving for excellent technique on each and every shot, my mind and body permitted me to align the arrow while focusing on the target and aided a smooth follow thru. I seemed to actually be travelling with the arrow to the target. Before, my form was always compromised yet I naturally could stare at the spot and both acknowledge and/or correct the arrow alignment w/o giving it a thought.

Hope tomorrow brings more of the same and I have been blessed to continue to enhance and fully experience my love of traditional archery and immerse myself in the fellowship of this wonderful group of Trad Gang.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wonderful Shooting Session
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
If you're still shooting after several strokes, God Bless your tenacity.  Back in the day, my college roomate's Dad had 7 strokes in 6 months.  We built him a special garden tractor to hunt dove, quail, and ducks from with a sling to hold his shotgun as he was paralyzed on the left side.  The human spirit never ceases to amaze me.  May all your arrows fly true Friend.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
I truely hope you always get to keep shooting!

Good Luck,

Bisch

Offline Huntschool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 08:56:00 PM »
Scott, my friend, you were in the zone...  It will become more and more so as you continue your sessions...

I know about your teaching efforts with the kids...  A shotgun instructor friend of mine once told me after a particularly bad round, "if you had seen as many bad misses as I have teaching you would be reliving them just like I am.."

Give yourself time to prepare and then shoot...
Bruce A. Hering
Program Coordinator (retired)
Southeastern Illinois College
NSCA Level III Instructor
Black Widow Bows
AMM 761

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
Thank you guys kindly. This was my 3rd rehab in 3 years, but this last one was far tougher. Can touch my nose now, have stopped falling and thanks to Trad Gang, I have learned to read and have much improved comprehension. Most people who meet me wouldn't realize something was up unless they saw me try to count change or perform a simple sequence that would normally come natural.

Participation on TG has been significant therapy.

The accompishment today after a the ten month effort was far more rewarding than any of my previous P&Y or turkey harvests. I have been remarkably blessed.

One major point that I hoped to get across is that the feeling of being connected with the flite of arrow is an experience, enjoyment and fulfillment at a completely different level.

The other major point is the fellowship, friendship and generousity of TG is invalueable and held sacred.

Life is no rehearsal. The wind will continue to blow in your face as the years pass you by.
Siezing the moment to share my joy with the TG fellowship is a fulfilled dream.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Way to go sir! i hope (and pray) your shooting sessions will continue to find you in that "zone"!   :)
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
God bless you brother. Keep enjoying what the little things in life.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Very good sir,may you always have the will and ability to do the things you enjoy.You're in our prayers.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline jacobsladder

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
God bless....keep slinging them brother!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"There's a race of men that dont fit in, A race that can't stay still; So they break the hearts of kith and kin, And they roam the world at will"  Robert Service

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©