3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bunny Hunt for the St. Judes Kids!!! $2800 raised!!!  (Read 1193 times)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bunny Hunt for the St. Judes Kids!!! $2800 raised!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2011, 03:30:00 PM »
And trust me, I was trying to smile, but the wind had my face thoroughly frozen. Best I could do.  :rolleyes:  

Upon reaching the end of the drive, my nephew was excitedly telling me how close he came to hitting a rabbit. The kid did well. He hung tough all day, didnt complain, and hunted hard. Couldnt ask for more for a first time, especially when I have seen grown men give up and go home on this same hunt almost every year.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2011, 03:58:00 PM »
I'll be praying for you Shawn.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 26, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
Good Luck Shawn   :thumbsup:    :pray:    

Jamie was not kidding about the wind.  It was blowing so hard you could jump in the air and move 4 feet downwind. It was so bad MY FPS went from 200 down to 28.   :biglaugh:  

Seriously though I think if the small aircraft had not been tied down it would have been turned upside down.

I couldn't believe how tough the kids were. It was down right cold in this wind and every time Jamie would ask if the kids were cold they would say "no"  and want to know where the next hunt was.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Mamba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
Hey Shawn stay positive, we'll be thinking about you. Hopefully Matt and I make it up to see you this week.  We'll Give Cindy a call and get the details.
peter Osimanti

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
Shawn, my prayers are with you, bro. Here's to a quick recovery...

Jamie, I've been waiting to see that picture all along. Awesome bro!!!
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I have my girls here and will be fine!! Hope to see ya Pete and Matt!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2011, 07:54:00 AM »
I did want to make mention of how well the kids did!! It was brutally windy and windchills werediwn near zero!! They all braved the cold and no one really complained except maybe an adult or two!! I would be proud to hunt with any of them anytime!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Hoping all is well with your surgery Bro. Glad I got in a quick visit with you,Damon and Curt. The weather sure was fine down south but I was missing being with you guys.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2011, 06:26:00 PM »
Thanks Izzy, hunt was great and we did manage over 100 shots!! I myself saw 30+over the two days and got several shots. At one point we were lined up in a hedgerow and Cade, myself,jamie, Damon and Everette  along with Swampbuck were at the end when a bunny broke from cover as it streaked past Eve and Damon they turned it with their shots and it came at me and Cade and Swampbuck we all managed a shot and Cade missed by a millimeter, he went in and found my arrow but could not find his own, but he turned and said the arrow did not matter the shot is what counted!! Priceless from my 10 year old buddy!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
OK..We where on one of the last pushes of the day..(sat) A little Island that holds some bunnies..So we lined up around it.I had Greg to my left along with Glen. The first bunny came in running by to my right. Let one fly and got some hair and it blew on by the other guys.The next bunny was coming and Greg let me know. I saw the bunny come got ready.It stopped about ten feet away. Shot right under it.It took off and Jeff Williams nailed it. ( Thats the bunny he is holding in the picture)I just dropped my bow and started to laugh..Looked over at Greg and threw up my hands..What are you gonna do..Had one more come by but no shot..I love that little Island..The cool thing about it is we are right by the road and the cars going by seeing a bunch of trad bow hunters..I'm sure there thinking look at those nuts..Yeah Baby...Where bunny nuts..Shawn I hope this put a smile on your face..Come on guys lets keep this going for Shawn..

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2011, 07:50:00 PM »
The last day on the last push I was guarding a bunny escape route along a narrow logging road. Following Shawns advice I walked along with the group of "beaters" in sight. Saw what looked to me as a good bunny hide out in the deep snow and asked Homer to jump on it... "BAM!" A bunny jumped outa there like it was struck by lightning! Too many guys around for me to shoot right away but after a second the rabbit cleared any human obstruction (Reason we wear some orange) and I let one fly. "Bing, Boooing, Rattle Swooooch!" Means missed bunny and a lost arrow.    :jumper:  

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
Shawn,you'll remember this.On Sat. we were doing a push in a creekbottom with Pete,Curt and Shawn to my left.Shawn said "there has to be a bunny in this pile" and sure enough one came bustin' out at machII and managed to get out of there unscathed with just Pete getting a shot.
On the big Rabbit Valley Push I watched Greg,on my left,go running up the hill and saw he was chasing a bunny going across the hill above us to the left.I heard a couple arrows fly and heard Shawn say "I got him." THAT was cool!    :thumbsup:

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
I'm sorry I missed this one!

Shawn you are in my prayers!

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 28, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
ttt...still enjoying the recaps and stories...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Me too!! I have had all my tests and surgery at 515 tomorrow!! Cindy will post the outcome ASAP!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 28, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
Shawn,  Its like you planned the surgery to be one day after hunting season closed for the year.

Good luck tomorrow, not that you need luck, after all you said, I'm gonna win that drawing, and you did, I think there's magic involved.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 28, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
You'll be fine Shawn and soon this will all be behind you.Stay strong and God Bless.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2011, 04:48:00 AM »
Thanks guys, I am on my way!! Wish me luck 4-7 hours of surgery and it will be over!! We all should be turkey huntin 2 months from today!! Cindy or I will post not long after I am out of ICU!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
I'm praying for you brother.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2011, 08:37:00 AM »
A prayer for you pal!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©