3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What is going on with the Hunting Channels?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline yekrut

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What is going on with the Hunting Channels?
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
I feel the same way about it, its sad. i do watch fred eichler too, and tred barta, but I can,t watch the others , there too far out there for me.
There are many good moccasin tracks along the trail of a straight arrow: ( fox )

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »
I would like to point out the numerous times Fred has hunted water holes, whats the difference? also, i have seen him hunt corn feilds, and acorns.....?????? Thats baiting my friend.

I bait about half the time, im a hard working college student, when i get to go i want the odds in my favor. 98% of Anti-baiters are hypocrites.

I love all my fellow hunters baiter or not!

Just my .02 but what is it worth anyways,
  :dunno:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Anyone remember the salt water guy that use to trad bow hunt on occasion....I think he was out of Florida...he had a really nice show I thought.  I remember him toting a canoe with a friend to a remote late to fish.  

He seemed to be in tune with nature, and the music suited the show.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2011, 08:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by no nothing:
I am not a hunter....Yet.  I would watch some of the shows from time to time. I hate the ones I have seen. The only one I like alot that made me want to buy a bow was Tred Barta. Fair chase the hard way. I like the fact that most of the times he does not get an animal
I think that most folks here who have watched his program would tell you that Barta has made his fair share of bonehead mistakes. But we all have...and so will you. Even so, Barta is the real deal. And I might add that given his recent illness, and his determination to hunt again despite the obstacles, has been nothing short of inspirational.

I wish you all success in your quest to become a hunter.   :thumbsup:
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
Terry, I think his name was Flip Pallet or Skip Pallet Something like that. I think he did fly fishing on the flats of Florida. Walker Kay Chronicles (I think)I heard he had some bow hunting shows.

To Husky archer, No disrespect but this is not a debate about baiting. That was on another drawn out thread. This is about the complete disregard and general disrespect for animals and the shows that portray morons high fiving each other and cheering after an obviously non fatal hit.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
If you put the majority of those folks in the woods and ask them to actually hunt, they wouldn't know where to start. Now they're promoting shooting long distances that where the slightest movement could result in a lost or wounded animal. 600 & 800 yard shots, I don't want any part of it. They don't know what being in tuned with nature means. They obviously don't hunt for the same reasons we do.
                                Charlie
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2011, 08:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by no nothing:
I am not a hunter.
May I ask....what are you doing on this site?
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
I was wondering that same thing.   :rolleyes:
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
He did add "yet".    :biglaugh:  

We'll bring him around.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
I can't stand watching outdoor channel anymore it has turned hunting into a marketing game, and taken the fair chase out of it.   :mad:
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline gregg dudley

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
said he is not  hunter...yet...  Always hope!

Watched the "Wild Within" for the first time on Sunday.  I really enjoyed it and laughed a lot.  I hope it manages to stay that good.  When he said that "gathering" was the light beer of hunting and gathering I about fell out of my chair.  He also said that "catch and release fishermen hear the call of the wild, but they don't understand what it is saying to them!"  He was joking because he tagged and released a couple of sharks during he episode.  I will look for it again.

As for the other shows out there, there are too many of them competing for a niche market.  Consequently they are trying various marketing strategies to recruit new viewers.  I would be interested to know if they are actually working.  Most people I know that are hunters don't really watch them any more.  Interestingly, I have talked to a lot of nonhunters who DO watch them and seem to actually enjoy them.  Unfortunately, those shows are their only link to their inner hunter.
MOLON LABE

Traditional Bowhunters Of Florida
Come shoot with us!

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Wow.....Glad I have a remote control. You all should check into them. It makes it so you don't even have to get up to change the channel. Just kidding...to an extent.

I don't watch a lot of TV. I do get a couple "hunting" channels though I don't watch them much. If I have spare time, I make arrows, tie flies, make a bow string or 2, go outside and fling arrows or shoot in the basement.

If you get the hunting channels, you probably get a bunch of other channels, try them. It is America, they're just making money. These shows only last cause people watch them.

Just my opinion....

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
He did add "yet". [biglaugh]
My mistake for not reading through the line. You are correct and there is always hope.   :D
Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2011, 09:42:00 PM »
I find it hard to believe that so many people on this site say that they do not like hunting shows on TV and then go on to say what is on these shows.  if you do not like watching how would you know what is on these shows.  Personally I enjoy watching many of the shows that people say that they do not like watching.  I choose to hunt with a traditional bow but I would never look down on any person hunting with legal equipment be it high powered rifle, shotgun, compound crossbow or whatever.  We need to get off our high horse and look around, we are the minority of the hunting community that is why there is not more traditional archery shows, the majority of sportsmen hunt with what is on these shows.  As was said in an earlier post if you do not like the show, turn it off.

Offline Burnsie

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2011, 09:43:00 PM »
Haven't ever seen any of these shows(even the good ones). Sounds like I'm not missing anything.
"You can't get into a bar fight if you don't go to the bar" (Grandma was pretty wise)

Offline highpoint forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2011, 12:13:00 AM »
Guys, those shows suck beyond belief. I am of a younger generation, and my friends think I literally am crazy for hunting Traditional style archery.

What they toss up there is not hunting and we all know it. The hosts suck and the action is canned, and that's just the part in between commercials.......don't get me started! Will somebody arrange a fight to the death between Ted Nugent and "Pigman", please?

Idiots. Another reason I do not watch TV at all.
Black Widow PSAX Bocote 57# @28, 58 AMO
Black Widow PLX Tiger Myrtle 60# @28, 64 AMO
J.D. Berry Osage Argos 60# @28, 66 AMO

Offline kongo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:00 AM »
Amen to Mr. Don Stokes . Support Tredd Barta he really does it the hard way . Fred Eichler is a butcher , not a hunter . Most of what claims to be bow hunting on these channels is B/S . Pay 5K to these outfitters & they will get you a trophy . Unfortunately , even traditiontal archery is big businness . So , simplify - did Howard Hill & Fred Bear need all the junk that is being pushed on these so called hunting channels ?

Offline rdoggsilva

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2011, 01:09:00 AM »
I do not think I would be a good host on one of these shows. At 62 and over 50 years of hunting, I just look at things different now. If I get a deer great, if not great. It is the challenge of the hunt I enjoy now, more they the kill. Being with my son and wife at hunting camp, not to mention the grand kids. All this means more to me then the kill, now a days.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 23, 2011, 01:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by highpoint forge:
Guys, those shows suck beyond belief. I am of a younger generation, and my friends think I literally am crazy for hunting Traditional style archery.

What they toss up there is not hunting and we all know it. The hosts suck and the action is canned, and that's just the part in between commercials.......don't get me started! Will somebody arrange a fight to the death between Ted Nugent and "Pigman", please?

Idiots. Another reason I do not watch TV at all.
while ted nugent can get annoying that guy is a great spokesman and does great thing for others. brings injured soldiers, sick kids ect.. on hunts, talking out against the anti hunters and not backing down. i respect him for what he does.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2011, 03:41:00 AM »
I don't think that Ted Nugent is a good spokesperson at all, much less a role model. While he certainly has a genuine talent and ability to fire-up a segment of the already committed, I suspect that he turns off a larger segment of the non-hunting public than he convinces. And as we all know it is that non-hunting public that will decide the future of hunting.

I commend Nugent for the work he does for vets and kids. But as someone who considers himself a dedicated bowhunter-conservationist, Ted Nugent certainly doesn't speak for me.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©