3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: BEAR SEASON 2011!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1498 times)

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
BEAR SEASON 2011!!!!!!!!!!
« on: February 22, 2011, 10:12:00 PM »
Just checking to see if anyone else is getting fired up for bear hunting!!!!!!
 I'm starting to get the itch REALLY bad, if your going on a bear hunting trip or are planning to hunt bears yourself, post up!!! Lets hear your plans for 2011!!!

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: BEAR SEASON 2011!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 10:20:00 PM »
I'll start, 2011 will be my first year hunting bears or anything for that matter with a bow. I haven't personally hunted in the last 2 years, I was guiding in 09-10. I can't wait to sit in the stand with my bow & see what happens!

I have a few things to get ready before the season starts, get the meat barrells out & build a couple shaker barrells. I won't hang stands until the snow is gone.

Come on April!!!!!

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
I'm going to Manitoba to hunt with Ryan at Stickflingers. I have never done a bear hunt but I pretty much can't wait...but wait I must until JUNE   :banghead:
Mike Davenport

Offline capt eddie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 10:26:00 PM »
This will be my sons first bear hunt.  We are going to Burntwood lake lodge in Manitoba. He will be shooting a recurve for the first time. My 83 year old uncle will be going also.  I am really excited. We will be hunting on the ground with a shotgun backup. This will be a first.
capt eddie

Offline mb bowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
I will be hunting here in Manitoba on my personal baits during the first week of May. After that I will be guiding bears for Stickflingers Manitoba Bowhunts. To say I am excited about this upcoming season is an understatement!

Offline WindWalker-AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
Mr. HUNT 24/7,
Yep, am building a new set of arrows in anticipation of the hunt for Grizz this Spring.  Still a couple of months before they will be out of hibernation, here in the Interior.
Best Wishes

Offline Tatersalad

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2011, 11:00:00 PM »
im taking my 17 year old son to Manitoba with Adrenalin Outfitters to do some bear hunting this June.  I've taken one bear a few years back and my son has never shot a bear.  Can't wait for my trip!!!

Michael

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2011, 11:07:00 PM »
Dang you Mike  :)  Hope to see some good pics and stories from ryan's place. I hope some friends draw tags here so I can get out again. Good luck to everyone!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline SlowBowke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2011, 11:08:00 PM »
My ex (from Chicago originally) called me once (whispering) and asked me if it was bear season one spring (N. Indiana)

I patiently explained that Indiana didnt have a bear season.....and if any bears, dang few maybe down on the far south border but doubted it.

She, just as patiently, explained to ME that she was sorry but there WAS a bear in her back yard!

Scratching my head, I asked her to describe it.

Gathering steam (      :mad:      picture weeping and nashing of teeth)she told me that SHE NEW WHAT A *** **** BEAR LOOKED LIKE and there was one in her back yard!!!      :scared:    

I asked her what it was doing.

She told me it was eating grass around her flowers.

Suddenly, a light bulb appeared above my head.

Ah HAAAAAA!!

"Is it over by that hole near the bottom of the sycamore tree?" I asked?

"YES!!" She sighed     :help:    

"oh...(giggle)....well hon..........thats a groundhog."

:goldtooth:    

That's as close to "bear" hunting as I've gotten.

True story.....God Bless her heart.
"Beauty is in the eye of the BOWholder" God Bless!!

Offline L82HUNT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
Going to Manitoba toward the end of May.  Going with my dad and two cousins.  Fishing all morning and hunting in the evenings, should be a great time.

Don't worry Slowbowke I once spent 30 mins putting a stalk on a "bear" in Colorado.  I was in a thicket and could see the top of a little aspen being pulled apart, once in a while I would see some dark spot move.  Will long story short it ended up being the world record porcupine.    :knothead:

Offline flyfish1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 07:47:00 AM »
Going back to Quebec for third time, Ron Henrys bear camp. My brother-in-law, two nephews are going for first time and my oldest son will be hunting for his first, although he has been there twice fishing . Cant wait. Everyone is excited,come on june.
Ron A        

"When the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice,for we are hunters and we want our freedom"
         ~Sitting Bull

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2011, 09:00:00 AM »
I can just picture him... rich black fur, big wide paws, yawning and turning over right now.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline wapiti792

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Steadman, I hope your guys draw...I know one that has a good chance  :)  Good luck! You can bet I will give a blow-by-blow of the hunt with pics and maybe a yarn or three  ;)
Mike Davenport

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2011, 09:36:00 AM »
Heading to Ontario in August with a great group of guys. Really looking forward to it.
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Offline longarrow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2011, 09:45:00 AM »
Going to Quebec this year with a group of TG's. Late May, I'm ready NOW!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Live a Good Life! And in the end, it's not the number of years in your life...it's the LIFE in your years!!!

Offline Tuttu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
I look forward to doing the local bear hunting here on Prince of Whales Island.  I passed on some nice bears last year, hoping to come across that 8 footer.  I've seen one 8 footer, but I did not have my bow at the time.  I also have a trail camera picture of him, but he was too wise to come in when I was ready.  
It seems like a lot of people are heading into Canada this year.  Best of luck and post some pictures of your adventure.  
Chuck

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2011, 12:55:00 PM »
I have a hunt in Northern Saskatchewan in late May.When I come back,I plan to play cat and mouse with this guy.He always wins.

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
JimB....I think you should hunt that guy really hard on a west wind to scare him into Manitoba. That is a beauty...hope you get him!...Ryan

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
Looks like lots of trips north this spring! Can't beat Manitoba for color phase bears & just big ole bears! Good luck!

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
Heres some pic's of seasons past
My wifes first bear

Bait run with my Dad & Cooper in 2010

Here are some trail cam pic's to get ya'll fired up!!!

This guy is still alive! MONSTER!!!

This guy was tagged last year 330lb boar

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©