3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kodiak Blacktail trip  (Read 970 times)

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
Kodiak Blacktail trip
« on: January 11, 2007, 06:36:00 PM »
I've booked a boat trip for 6 with Alaska Coast Marine (www.alaskacoastmarine.com) for Sitka Blacktails for week of November 17 - 24, 2007.
I've got 4 hunters - one recurve, 2 compounds- need two more hunters.  [email protected] if interested.

Offline birddogdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kodiak Blacktail trip
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 10:50:00 PM »
Bama,

can you send me the details on that trip?  I'd love to do that some time in the near future!  Thanks

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Fly to Kodiak on Friday, spend the night in motel.
Saturday morning fly small plane to boat.  Hunt from boat through following Saturday morning.  Three deer limit.  Boat handles 6 hunters.  Total cost of boat is $13,200 ($2,200 per hunter).  I had to book the whole boat which is why I'm looking for two more.  They sell deer tags on the boat so you don't have to buy the second one until you've used the first one.  I've spoken to several people who have gone and they all say its a great experience.  In one article, Chuck Adams say its his favorite place to hunt - calls it "a poor man's sheep hunt".  There are pros and cons to various times but we decided that week in November was a good one.  Check out  www.alaskacoastmarine.com.   Also, there are a number of articles in Traditional Bowhunter.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
Bama,

I gun hunted Kodiak in 2004...you are in for a treat  ;)  .  I have a few other irons in the fire, but if they fell through, I would go in a second.  That deer hunt is the best hunt there is, and Kodiak is the most beautiful place I have ever been.  Take a shotgun for ducks.

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
Your killing me I gotta trip that ends the day you leave   :knothead:

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 07:30:00 PM »
WFK,

Just fly from the one hunt to the other  :D  

I've heard many good things about the transporter Bama is using.  I've been fortunate to hunt many of the NA species and Sitka Blacktail on Kodiak are the TOPS!

Offline bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 08:25:00 AM »
Thanks for the encouragement Steve O.  I'm really pumped about the trip.  Everything I've heard echos your opinion.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©