3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stump Shooting ?  (Read 808 times)

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stump Shooting ?
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2011, 01:54:00 PM »
Originally posted by BowPlinker:
Stumpkiller,,,, those are cool... havent seen those.. are they "new"?
Nope.  Three Rivers had them 10 years ago - but I don't think it was as "PDP".  Like the Barta Blunt (TigerClaw) and the Martin Skipper Stopper, etc.  They resurface under different names.  The tooling must change hands.

Here's my bunny & stumping arsenal (except the last three to the right unless it's a really soft stump).

I also launch every broadhead equipped arrow I hunt with at least once into a stump to check for flight issues.  The Modoc in the image is a design that failed.  The long head has enough leverage to pull itself off the ferrule or bend at the tip; so they went to small-game use only.  Magnus IIs and Ribteks shrug off stumps - and that gives me confidence they'll handle at least some bone.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline Rooselk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
I primarily use Ace Hex blunts along with an occasional Judo.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters • Traditional Bowhunters of Montana • Montana Bowhunters Association

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2011, 04:42:00 PM »
I had the same question a little while ago...got a lot of similar feedback as you are now. Either way, I thought the thread might help you. There might be some different heads posted from whats on this thread. Here it is...

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=098048
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©