3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 4H Shooting Sports Day  (Read 283 times)

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
4H Shooting Sports Day
« on: June 12, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
On June 23 Our County's 4H club is going to have an outdoor day. This will include Shooting (Archery, rifle, pistol, muzzleloader, and Shotgun) as well as fishing and some other funs stuff.
I'd like to keep as much primative and traditional archery alive with these kids.
I plan on taking over some wood and working on a bow while the kids watch. Maybe even letting them make some shavings as well. I also want to take some materials over to make cane arrows. I can get the cane good enough for kids arrows at Home Depot and lowes (Tomato Stakes) But I don't know where to get a bunch of feathers. I'm hoping to do this as cheaply as possible since I'd rather not have the club pay for it if I can. So I'm looking for either full length feathers or something big enough to make a usable feather out of it. I don't mind stripping them (like ferret does) and actually think it may make putting them on easier without a jig.
Any ideas where I can get feathers?

Also, any ideas on cheap tips for these kids.
Not sure the numbers we'll have but maybe around 50.

I don't have the equipment (or the time) or I'd be trying to get a rattan bow building group together. Ah maybe next year.

Anyway let me Know.

Thanks
Jason Lester

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4H Shooting Sports Day
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »
Let me know if youd like some grey goose feathers and Ill send them to you.Ill even dig up some whole turkey feathers if your interested.

Offline Jason Lester

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 4H Shooting Sports Day
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
Goose feathers would be great. I don't care what they look like as long as they will work for a fletching or at least something that looks like one. These kids will probably never shoot them anyway. And if they do it will only be a few times at camp.
Jason Lester

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©