3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
6 more days! I have a goooood feeling. I miss her a lot Rob. Make sure you give us at least a teaser when you and her get back.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
Best of Luck Rob...   :bigsmyl:    :thumbsup:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2007, 09:03:00 PM »
Ah, the power of Hope & Faith...

Just "inducted" a new member to the ranks of us bowhunters, with a little help from Miss Faith. More to come...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
well gang Hope is back home in the good old US of A and she has some new blood on her.  i've been on a plane since Friday morning so i will need to keep you guys in suspense for a while longer while my body figures out what it's doing. the flight is a killer but well worth it.....     :archer:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 07:09:00 PM »
John, Hope is on her way to you. i sent a PM with the details. man you must be in the middle of no where.

well hope was in the blind with me on Tuesday as i was filming fellow Trad Ganger Jon Simoneau.  around 4pm he had a nice warthog come in and he decided to take him. while giving the hog some time to die a group of Kudu decided to visit.  our PH Piet said that he would like for us to help with herd management and he gave me the nod to shoot one of the Kudu.  

as the Kudu approached our hide i slowly removed one of the footed shafts that i had made special for Africa from the stalkeer quiver. i nocked the shaft to Hope's taught string. her sleek wooden handle felt like an old friend eventhough we had only had the opportunity to shoot a few times prior.  

as the Kudu closed the distance i knew the shot was inevitable so i ask God for the arrow to fly try. the Kudu lowered it's head to drank and in one fluid motion i raised Hope. her limbs flexed with ease as the string and arrow were draw back to my cheek. my eyes were burning a hole through a piece of hair i had selected as my aiming point. as i reached my anchor the arrow was on it's way.  time stood still as at the tell tail sound of steel hitting flesh and then the Kudu was gone in a cloud of dust.

my body trembling, i lowered Hope with a huge smile on my face.  she had drawn blood in Africa. the trackers would make short work of the trail and a fine animal was down. it's meat would be used to feed many and the hide would be donated to the 2008 St. Jude's Auction thanks to Afrika Jag Safaris.  

my time with Hope was short lived, but she has given me a life long memory of a place far away but close to my heart. it was a marriage like no other.  we will be linked by blood from now on. i hope to some day get the chance to hunt with her again.  maybe even return to Africa. But if not our short time together will hold a special place me and my life as a bowhunter.

to Rick, thanks for a super bow. to my fellow Trad Gangers thanks for the opportunity to be a part of something much bigger than any one of us. i would love to have access to both Hope's and Faith's diary including the pictures in form of a book.

i included the arrow that Hope & I used to kill the Kudu. it's signed for what that's worth. i trust that the collection of articles that each of us adds as we spend our time with these two wonderful bows gets passed on. the bow box is getting rather full and it may be necessary to have a keeper of these treasures until the auction.  just a thought!

Hope & I with our trophy Kudu...    

>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »
SWEET, Congrats  :thumbsup:    :notworthy:

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Awesome Rob. Reading that, I felt like I was there. Congrats! and way to go.

Offline John/Alaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Paleface - Got your pm. Yep I am in the middle of close to nowhere.

Nice hunt that you had. Hope that a moose or caribou cooperates when I take Hope out once she arrives.
John/AK

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2007, 02:51:00 PM »
just let me know when she arrives.  you should fare well with Hope, she has a mighty strong spirit attached to her. powerful mojo for sure.
>~Rob~>

Offline Abel

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2007, 05:45:00 PM »
Hope has scratched out a black bear and a kudu! Nice.

Faith needs to tighten' up!
"A bow in the hand is worth two in the bush."

Offline John/Alaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: September 03, 2007, 07:26:00 PM »
Hope was sent out from me to Ironbull at the end of last week. Hopefully it arrives timely so it can help "corner" those antelope he and Charlie are chasing! It was enjoyable reading the diary of Hope's experiences to date.

I didn't get the chance to really hunt with her as I had planned as the bow got hung up in our  local mail system which is a regular occurance here. Because of that it missed early moose & bou but that is the way things happen here. I did shoot her a bit and enjoyed the brief time spent with her. But as I was going up to my hunting camp last friday I decided it best to get her on her way though I was strongly tempted to take her grousing on my way up. But my level head prevailed and I sent her off early just to be sure she kept on schedule. I hoping that Ironbull could maybe add a speed goat to her history. The monday holiday forced that decision.
John/AK

Offline John/Alaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: September 03, 2007, 07:28:00 PM »
Opps! Double clicking!!
John/AK

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2007, 11:19:00 PM »
Abel, I'm gonna try to add some mojo to Faith (although I'm sure she'll have plenty by the time she gets to me).

I started shooting lefty due to some elbow problems and I now have the pleasure of getting Faith for the last two weeks of Maryland deer season.

I consider myself one lucky dude. I got to spend time with Hope, and now I can get to court her twin as well.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: September 06, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Hope has arrived here in WY. Charlie and I spent this morning getting acquainted with her.  Straws were drawn, lookin like I have the honors to start with her.

Shooting Heritage 400 or AD Trad Heavies runnin at about 650 grns. Braced at 7-1/4. We ended up re-fletching a couple arras.

So it seems that it now will be up to us to do something. Very nice lookin lady and very cooperative in the hand. Let's get er DONE.

Thanks John.....Lets get her back to you soon.

Offline John/Alaska

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2007, 04:56:00 PM »
Glad Hope arrived okay and that Charlie is there to also keep her company! You guys will enjoy her. Have fun....
John/AK

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2007, 05:15:00 AM »
Hassenpfeffer...  LOL  Congrats Vance.

Offline Traditional-Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2007, 06:01:00 PM »
You guys look like you are having the time of your lives. Congratulations keep up the good work.
We are what we do repeatedly. Execellence is, therefore, not an act but a habit.  

Artistole (384-322 B.C.)
Philosopher

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2007, 08:15:00 PM »
Yeah Charlie!!  :clapper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©