3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker  (Read 4121 times)

Offline jesse cales

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: The Adventures of Hope and Faith Striker
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
don,you're one,hog killin machine!faith looks like a real shooter.

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 10:37:00 PM »
Congrats Don & Skyler   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Nocam,with friends like that you'll never go hungry!
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2007, 04:45:00 PM »
Don, received Faith today.  Thanks!

All I can about this bow is wow!  and wow!  What a beauty.  I have a dilemma.  Do I take to the treestand Monday morning my brand new Striker Stinger which has not made first blood or Faith Striker?  Since I only have Faith for a short time, it's going to be Faith.  But my bow is going to be jealous!
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: September 28, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Good deal Tim, she is a shooter. Good luck Monday and keep us up dated. Don
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline thp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
Well after an evening at the bales I can report that Faith is terrible, awful, my old ben pearson superjet shoots faster and looks better so all of you lefties just forget about bidding on this bow for the St. Judes auction...

now that I've lied to you all here... I've got to figure out another lie to tell my wife as to why exactly I need another beautiful Striker....    :archer:
Be kind and merciful. Let no one ever come to you without coming away better and happier. -Mother Teresa

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2007, 11:52:00 PM »
Hope arrived the evening of the 19Th after I came home from a 3d shoot at our local range.

Wow she's perty, I strung her up right away, smooth, vary smooth, could not run an arrow through her until the next day and it only took a few adjustments { 7inch fist mill and 4/8 nock point above level } and she was grouping out to 35 yards nice and tight, I thought that's enough to get the job done.

I had to get her set up to do some serious hunting, so I put a bow quiver on her, I like to shoot with a clicker so I put one on her, now she looked ready to GET R DONE.

Hope go's hunting for a buck and none show, I have a doe tag and I would be willing to use it, just to use hope to do it, but not even a doe showed.

I take her out in the rain and it pours on use and again nothing shows.

Now to the good stuff, I saw a nice buck in this area so I thought I would take hope out for a hunt, to make a vary long day short, I get busted by a 3x3 and after he blows out I get busted by a doe.

Now, I have only killed 4 bucks out of a tree stand, but I know I have to get off the ground, I start looking for a good tree that has a good branch I can stand on, out west we don't do that much tree-standing, I like to spot and stock, but as Clint Eastwood said A mans got to do, what a mans got to do!  So up I go.

I glass this buck coming my way after 6 does come by and hang out then leave, he's definitely a shooter, as he feeds my way picking up acorns along the way He comes through a window @ around 25yds.

I think he will give me a better shot so I pass on the shot,  then he takes 2 more steps and beds up on the other side of this bush for over an hour, every time I move a mussel to try and get comfortable or to get ready for the shot, I have to do it, in super slow motion.

He Finlay gets up just before dark, around 6:18 he gives me a 14 yard shot with the sweetest long bow I've shot in some time, as I slowly come to full draw I tell my self : self, pick a spot tight and low be hind his right front leg and self did just that.

As I felt the little bump that tells me, I'm at full draw, the arrow was on it's way, now every thing turns to super slow motion, it seems like the arrow took forever to streak across those 14yds my mind was taking it all in micro millisecond by micro millisecond.

The arrow looked like it was going right where I meant for it to go, as it disappeared low and tight he exploded and did a 60 yard death run, I could see him the whole time.

He was pouring massive amounts of that vary precious life fluid as he ran, he stop-ed to look back and the first to give was his front end, then his back end gave way, he was down.

I took a pic of where he was standing and a self portrait smoking a BIG FAT CIGAR, then the battery's went dead, no pics with the little camera that came with hope, but I got a few with my camera.

Hope, you are something special and Mr.Ellis you did a fine job, Thank you so vary much.

Now, Hope go on get! you are a two timer, but I love you and will Miss the time we shared, it was special to me and I know you felt the same way, so if your going to leave just go now before it's to late and I never let you go.

Thanks for the memories Hope I will never for get you.

David DeVille
Kingwouldbe

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »
Miss Hope On our first date

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2007, 12:11:00 AM »
I think we make a good couple

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2007, 12:13:00 AM »
This is where the Buck was standing and the direction he ran.

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
Congrats on one fine buck. These bows are racking up an impressive record this year!
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 02, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »
Dave!!!!!!!!!  well done Dude......  Hope lifes been well to you.

Mark
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 02, 2007, 12:24:00 AM »
I know all of the experts tell us to keep your scent down, will I had been smoking this cigar for about an hour + and he came right on in, even bed-ed 25 yards away.

When he did come in, I put the cigar in a little fork so I could shoot him and it did go out.

Offline Kingwouldbe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2007, 12:30:00 AM »
Mark, Well, what can I say, Miss Hope, Big California Black tails, a Fine Cigar and all day in the Mountains.

I do think I'm Blessed.

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 02, 2007, 07:58:00 AM »
awesome!  :thumbsup:    :D    :thumbsup:
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline OconeeDan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 02, 2007, 08:05:00 AM »
Congratulations on a fine deer and a great story.
Dan

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 02, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
Whew...........Been waitin on this story since she left ME. Hope is definitely hard to let go of. Ya start ta get a wee bit POSSIVE.

Job well done Good and Faithful Servant. To cool Dave  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 02, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
Dang son, that's a big 'un! I hereby take back half of the bad things I've said bout California   :D
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline redant 60/65

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 02, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Way to go Dave thats a nice buck, next time we meet I'll share a bottle of Makers Mark with you.   :thumbsup:
Larry

Offline DW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 02, 2007, 08:34:00 PM »
CONGRATS David, that's a beautiful buck and a pretty good shot also  :clapper:  Don and Skyler
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Dave, what a great story. I felt like I was there.....well.....having spent time with her..and the way you wrote it.......we all were.

Thanks for sharing and adding to her mystique.

That is a HOG! I am extremely jealous.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©