3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Home Made Bino Bungee  (Read 246 times)

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Home Made Bino Bungee
« on: June 12, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Hey Guys, thought i would share something i came up with about 4 years ago while on a backcountry turkey hunt in the Pecos Mountains of New Mexico.  I got really tired of the weighted down feeling of my binoculars on my neck.  so i designed a light weight version of a Binocular Bungee.  

The first pic is of the entire set up and the second pic is a close up of how it attaches to the binoculars.  

The bungee is 3 mm that i purchased from the back packing section of a large outdoor store.  Its about 80 inches in length and was somewhere around $3.00.  the split rings were salvaged out of the garage.  

I fashioned 2 loops and on each loop attached the split rings.  the split rings are inturn attached to the binos with black zip ties.  

Your arms slip thru each loop, like other versions i am sure you all have seen, and there you have it.  

i especially like using this system when i am pre-season scouting on my mountian bike.  

I weighted the bungee and split rings nad it weighs 19.69 grams (30 grams to an ounce).

Give it a try and let me know what you guys think.  Jack

P.S.  I hope I got the picture sizing right this time.  

TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Home Made Bino Bungee
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:44:00 PM »
Hey Jack, Your going to want to resize those pics or they will be deleted.  Pretty neat Idea. LOL
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Jack Guard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Home Made Bino Bungee
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »
Thanks Ron, i wasnt sure if they were to big.  Can someone give me some pointers on how to do that.  i am technically challenged.  i tried it thru infanview and it didnt work.
TGMM Family of the Bow
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©