3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: One-Piece Only ?  (Read 692 times)

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: One-Piece Only ?
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
I too like one piece bows,especially with longbows.They just have cleaner lines to me.

Offline chad graham

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
one piece for me as well,i just like the look and the longer working limbs make a smooth drawing bow.

Offline recurvericky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2011, 08:23:00 PM »
I just made a 2-piece longbow using a bow bolt and love it. I can tell no significant weight difference than with a 1-piece. Personally, in the future all of my longbows and probably my recurves will be 2-piece.
Recurvericky
Richmond, Ks

Traditionalist have more fun!

Offline greg fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
I shot one piece for years, took 3 years off and shot takedowns, sold them and back to one piece.  I think they shoot faster, or at least seemed it to me, lighter, less noise.....  i like takedowns for some of the reasons mentioned before though also.....  I guess I like em all after thinking about it........

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
I'm having the same quandry myself.

Been looking for my lifetime bow, and thinking that if I have only ONE it should be a takedown...'cause if I would ever fly to hunt (doubtful), pack it in on a horse (probably not), or need to stuff it into my pack for some reason that I can't hold it in my hand (really?)that it should be a TD.

Probably won't ever break a limb as I'm very careful with all my outdoor gear, especially my bow, and my LTB will of course be the perfect draw weight for now and into my later years...I guess that takes care of all the reasons to have a TD.

All the pro's of having a one-piece still remain.
In my position I don't foresee ever being in the position of having multiple bows....so...what to do?
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline kadiak kid...

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2011, 08:41:00 PM »
one pc. all the way...looks,light weight for long walks...short risors,long limbs...and i just love em...
Cya at Deer Camp(WN)...

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2011, 08:42:00 PM »
one piece for me- i dont know why- smooth lines? more trad? i dont know- i tell you what tho- some guys on here make some BEAUTIFUL take downs
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2011, 08:49:00 PM »
I have mulitples of both.  I only shoot my T/D bows when I fly to hunt. Every T/D that I've shot feels stiff in the riser.  Where as a one piece seems to bend in the riser.  The only T/D that come close is a bow bolt longbow.  JMO...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2011, 09:00:00 PM »
I like one piece bows better, I have a TD that hasnt been appart in 6 years that I keep just in case I ever get to go on that buffalo hunt in Austraila. I'll just get heavier limbs and it'll fit in my baggage. Other than that I feel that one pieces are just smoother and balance better.
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline ishoot4thrills

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
I own and love a Pittsley Predator Classic take-down. But, I do love a one piece as well.

Now, if only Pittsley would make a one piece!   :pray:
58" JK Traditions Kanati Longbow
Ten Strand D10 String
Kanati Bow Quiver
35/55 Gold Tip Pink Nugents @ 30"
3 X 5" Feathers
19.9% FOC
49# @ 26.75"
165 FPS @ 10.4 GPP (510 gr. hunting arrow)
171 FPS @ 9.7 GPP (475 gr. 3D arrow)
3 Fingers Under

Offline Ringneck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 09:56:00 PM »
I much prefer one piece bows. They look better to my eye and are lighter weight.

Offline COLongbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Rooselk had a great point.

I never had any complaints in my former life about transporting  a full size rifle anywhere.

Can a sweet one-piece bow be any different?
BW PCH III

His servant

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 11:14:00 PM »
I have only gone on one hunt where I had to fly.  I flew with my one piece bow and it wasn't an issue.  This was 8 years ago, maybe the airlines are stricter now about luggage sizes, I don't know.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
One piece LB's only 33 years straight. Simple & very effective w/o fear of problems; losing parts, noise, adjustments, etc. In my case, if it can go wrong it will...at the wrong time.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
All my bows are one piece.  Owned a three piece briefly and sold it.  Quiet and graceful.
I like the looks and lightness - though my Explorer is a hefty bow.  

If I needed a take-down I'd hope for one with as little hardware visible as possible.  Just personal tastes.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline reddust

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
I like one-peice,they are more natural feeling for me.I have take-downs but they seem more cumbersome.
michael schingeck

Offline Hopewell Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2011, 09:04:00 AM »
I like the one piece for the simplicity. I never considered the takedown until I got on this site and see all the fantastic pieces being offered by our very talented bowyers. I'm probably not flying anywhere to hunt, but have a Zipper on my wish list.
But, longbows one piece only, recurves 3 piece only.
No science involved, personal preference only.
TOM

WHAT EACH OF US DOES IS OF ULTIMATE IMPORTANCE.
Wendell Berry

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 09:23:00 AM »
I have a takedown, but I love the feel of a one piece. I'm sure the next one I buy will be a one piece. Unless I find a good deal on a three piece...you now how that goes! LOL! Jason

Offline Javi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ringneck:
I much prefer one piece bows. They look better to my eye and are lighter weight.
I agree, there is just something about a takedown that just doesn't appeal to me at all...
Mike "Javi" Cooper
TBoT Member

Offline bornagainbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
I shoot one piece bows.  I just like the feel, looks, weight and the simplicity.  I have nothing against a takedown bow.  In fact I killed a deer with a takedown this year.  First 3 piece bow I ever hunted with except for bowfishing.  It was a very nice bow that shot extremely well, but my heart is with a "D" shaped one piece.

God Bless,
Nathan
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me; my glory, and the lifter up of mine head. Psalms 3:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©