3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many have you lost finding the first?  (Read 190 times)

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
How many have you lost finding the first?
« on: February 26, 2011, 12:56:00 PM »
You know when you shoot and you didn't pay close enough attention to where the miss went?  So you walk back to and try to miss the same shot again so you can better follow the trajectory and narrow  your search?

But then you're down two arrows sometimes and now you can't give up!  In desperation you go back and shoot another arrow or two.  Eventually you find all of them, or you're really ticked at yourself.

Today I lost one shooting from too far away.  Looked.  Went back to the shooting position to visualize.  Looked.  Went back to the shooting position and shot one.  Looked.  Down two arrows.  Went back and shot another.  Still no luck.  Shot a 4th and 5th.  The 5th glanced off a tree and splintered.  4th became lost as well.  Used my last arrow (had 6 with me) and shot from close range where I was sure they had to be.  Watched it enter the dirt/compost and started digging directly after it.  It went a couple feet farther than I expected but at least I found it.  And sure enough, with enough digging I dug up 4 more in the general vicinity.

Final summary:  Started with 6 almost new wood arrows, lost one.  Lost 3 more.  Broke 1.  Found 4.  Wasted an hour.  Went back to the house with 5 serviceable arrows that needed a good bath and one pile of splinters.  Felt good that the lost arrow didn't beat me....     :knothead:
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many have you lost finding the first?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
That's the spirit...
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline boznarras

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »
On the other hand, at our little range, when I search for a miss, sometimes I come back with 2 or 3 arrows that I did not shoot.

Offline youngarcher1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 01:11:00 PM »
That's determination, i just grab a rake and start raking the grass and keep expanding... that's if i feel motivated otherwise i let loose my arrow tracker trained lab!

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Losing arrows torques my butt. Still looking for a lost judo buried somewhere in my pasture 2 months ago. How do you bury a judo?
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Sometimes grass will snag a judo and hard to believe, but sometimes the grass eats the judo.  I still loose less judo points than htm bouncers or steel blunts.

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
If I could find every arrow out in my hay field...   :banghead:

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2011, 02:41:00 PM »
It never occurred to you to stop and ask for directions...

Guys.   :rolleyes:
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Wow, canopyboy!  I thought I was the only one who did this kind of thing!  I even look around to make sure no one's watching when I try this
"replay" trick.  

The cool thing, is you apparently shot one of those famous "fist-sized" groups (except for the tree)!

With another kind of bow I was fooling around at 80 yards last summer--just in case. It was far enough I couldn't tell exactly what was going on. I shot 3 arrows. When I went to the target butt -- all three touching and DESTROYED in the pallet that supports the bottom of my target butt. Again, a nice group but about $30 in "Flatlines" converted to mater-stakes.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 03:17:00 PM »
Killdeer...

We lugheads have been rescued by the Aussie Gal imbedded in our automotive GPS units!  

I no longer have to stop at a 2nd Gas Station to verify the directions the 1st one gave me. And the GPS folks can dump that "u-turn" advice -- I ain't ever going to back track. I just keep driving until the unit provides an alternate route -- both oceans are worth seeing anyhow!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©