3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator camo. I'm sold!  (Read 539 times)

Offline swampdrummer

• Trad Bowhunter
Predator camo. I'm sold!
« on: February 26, 2011, 10:29:00 PM »
Ordered a set of Predator camo in deception green last week and  got to try it out this evening Still hunting for pigs. No pigs but had a big old doe come within 5 yards of me. Me standing out in the wide open and she couldn't figure out what I was. I watched her from 50 yards out coming up a trail and it wasn't till she was literally 5 yards before she noticed anything was up. Then she did the stomp and snort and ran off, flag a flying.. Then SHE CAME BACK! 3 times! I'm really impressed with this stuff!
Back Tension BEFORE Back Strap !

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator camo. I'm sold!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 10:36:00 PM »
It's funny you posted this thread. I've been looking at the Fall Gray Predator camo all week long. Ordered the camp shirt and 6 pocket pants the other day and got the shirt yesterday but they were out of the pants.(figures) Can't wait to crawl up a tree and try it out. Glad your happy with yours!
GLENN

Offline eagleone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
i absolutely love predator camo! Im sold on the pattern but have been less than happy with the actual product- no failures- i just dont like the design and im not happy they dont make fall brown anymore.
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
If you go to there web-site it's hard to believe that they don't make their products in all the different camo patterns that they have. For instance if you want a face mask you can't get it in all the patterns. Same with the hats and gloves. Just my 2cents!
Glenn

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Predator really needs to step up on their products (not patterns). I really don't get it.
Fall Grey and Brown work well.  Bought the cotton stuff from them several years ago, but then spent a little more for GWW.  It's not too bad on price if you get the basic Wolfskin, which is well made, fairly quiet, has a nice swing back for shooting, is semi-waterproof, doesn't fade much, and lasts. GWW also has Fall Brown, which Predator doesn't even carry anymore.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 12:23:00 AM »
I have had that exact same thing happen with my ghillie suit on. It's pretty cool to have a deer that close not know what you are.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 02:24:00 AM »
Predator comes in deception brown and green which works fabulaouly here in the NW.  I have had elk look right past me when holding still in the Green.  I frquently wear brown pant and green tops to hunt in the heaavy timber.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 06:30:00 AM »
I agree I love the stuff been using two years now. That's why we became a dealer It's the best camo out there
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
I have predator camo, it is a second to my ASAT. Jeff a GWW makes excellent slothes and all I can get from him is Predator. Gary at Day one also makes very good clothes and he has ASAT and Predator in all materials. Wish Jeff would get ASAT.
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Predator is my "go to" camo. I have 10 pairs of each: Spring Green, Fall Gray and the discontinued Fall Brown. Enough to last the rest of my lifetime. Glad I bought the Fall Brown before Predator discontinued it. I don't know why Predator discontinued Fall Brown, but I always viewed it as a big mistake.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline T Folts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:00 AM »
I have the deception brown and it works great. Stalking squirrels they hardly even notice you.
US ARMY 1984-1988

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 08:53:00 AM »
Looks like a pretty good product. Will have to order some for next season. I think that I will try the early season light weight in the fall grey. Thanks
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Ronyag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
I got a full set of Green Deception for Xmas. Can't wait to use it. I  got the vest, pants, camp shirt and boone. I am going to order the Bibs and Jacket in the next few days.

Bow Man, what ya got in stock on a 2x in Green D?
RG

Offline HUNT 24/7

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
1 question, what is GWW?

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:00 AM »
Gray Wolf Woolens, a sponsor here at the top. Best wool clothes out there IMHO. We switched to Fall Grey several years ago and have not been busted visually yet. Even had them look thru me when I was stuck out on the side of a tree in a clearcut. Try that with good old black Mossy Oak, haha ! The open pattern is what makes it work along with the depth and shadow effect. Totally breaks your outline.
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline RookieBwhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
I am a firm believer in the predator series myself. I had a funny experience with my brother in S. Az one afternoon. He and I were chasing after a few deer when we decided to split up to cover a small saddle deer were passing thru. I was no more than 30-40 yards away from him when I could tell he was looking for me. Finally he shouted "where the heck did you go?" I laughed and started waving.. I hadn't moved. If I can blend in that well with someone that has pretty sharp eyes.. I just make sure I do not skyline myself. My only concern was the material, would love to see it in a wind/water repellent type material.
"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -Frank Clark

Voodoostik 58" 50@28"

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
I agree with Steve...I use ASAT and can get so close to deer and other animals without being detected! Sometimes I use ASAT in combination with the plaid Asbell pullover too and that works great too! This breaking up of the human outline is much better than the camo that's 'in fashion' and very popular! I think it is actually more appealing to our eyes than the animals we are trying to hide from! Just my opinion. Thanks.

Kenny    :bigsmyl:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline ethan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 11:03:00 AM »
I'm a big believer in predator to. I think the biggest part of it though is it doesn't just look like a big glack blob like most of the other camo patterns do.  Same goes for ASAT, in my opinion.

I think the off the shelf wally world stuff would work just fine if it weren't so dark and detailed though.

Offline Thunderhorn25

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
When I wear camo, it's my favorite

Offline Southern Sam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
Its good stuff for sure!!! I been using it since the mid 90's. They just look right through ya!
Black Widow PMA X 46#@30"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©