3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Predator camo. I'm sold!  (Read 540 times)

Offline caleb0100

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Predator camo. I'm sold!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 06:25:00 PM »
Predator has always been a pattern I've admired and wanted to try, just haven't been able to. One day.

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 08:28:00 PM »
I liked Predator patterns for a long time. I wish I had bought a few of the cotton coveralls before they stopped making them.

Back in 2006 my buddy and I were elk hunting in Colorado.  I was wearing something other than Predator. he was wearing spring green. At one point we were paralleling each other. On a few occassions he just disappeared until he moved.

I have a Chastain Wapiti and a B MAg riser being film-dipped this week in Brown Deception. I can't wait to see them!

Offline Mojostick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Predator is great camo. I also concur that it's 2nd only to ASAT. But that's saying a lot. Predator makes one disappear.
Open patterns. Open patterns.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:03:00 PM »
I replaced all of my old camo last year with Predator Fall Grey and Spring Green... I have cotton stuff from Predator, also some warmer stuff from GWW and DayOne...  Works very well for me so far.
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline reddust

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
I used to use Predator camo in several different patterns and was pretty happy with them until I started useing Leafy como outfits from several different companys and found them superior to anything else I ever used.
michael schingeck

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 09:47:00 AM »
Been sold for on Predator years....I think its funny when I hear that 'camo is a myth' and 'in my mind' or 'just dumb animals' from folks that never kill anything.  Sorry, I just get tired of hearing stuff from folks with just opinions and no experience.  

Just because a turkey walked right up to me one day with jeans and a T shirt on doesn't DISPROVE that camo works.  Maybe he was a 'dumb animal'.

For those that claim camo is bogus...ask yourself this...if you HAD to hunt to EAT, and only had two choices of hunting attire, either predator camo or a white painters jumpsuit, which would you choose?

I also think there is something for cutting myself in half with my brown pants as well.  

Here's my Predator Testimony.....

Load of Dumb Animals
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Terry,

How the predator camo for warmth?  as in their fleece line of clothing?
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 10:17:00 AM »
Don't know....never bought directly from them....GWW and Day one.

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:00 AM »
Being a camo on the head type guy myself, I'm impressed with the lid in your photo's Terry.
  :thumbsup:  

Does the predator work even after it's faded?
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 10:51:00 AM »
Originally posted by Doug S:
Being a camo on the head type guy myself, I'm impressed with the lid in your photo's Terry.
   :thumbsup:  
Yeah....some guys on other piddly sites like to make fun of my hat....they never kill anything either......accept bandwidth.

Originally posted by Doug S:

Does the predator work even after it's faded?
Yes, you betcha!!!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2011, 11:07:00 AM »
Originally posted by South MS Bowhunter:
Terry,

How the predator camo for warmth?  as in their fleece line of clothing?
Not sure I answered that correctly.  If you want Predator and you want to stay warm...you get both from Gray Wolf Woolens.  That's where I get my stuff.

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
well said Terry, well said....

South MS Bowhunter, we have the 380 gr fleece with wind liner with 2 seasons behind us now. For the money it is great. The windliner is very quiet but not as windproof as GWW. I could feel a little drafty on my legs standing up in a 15MPH wind. But then again you should not be in a tree in anything over 15-20MPH. We hunted in it down to 15 degrees and as long as the wind is not howling it is very comfy with our 400 gr Ullfrotte' longjohns and maybe a Goodwill wool sweater on as well.

For longer sits, cloudy, windy days and 15 degrees we switch to our GWW. Warmer, and NO wind comes thru. But then again you get what you pay for bud. This was my first year in my new GWW vest and I cannot say enough good about it ! Most late season days I wore Ullfrotte' 400 gr longjohns, Predator fleece bottoms,Cabelas 85/15 wool /nylon sweater, then GWW vest and was toasty. When and if I get the $$$ I will buy me some GWW pants or bibs and a maybe a thin windlined shirt or pullover to wear under the vest. My arms did get a tad cold on really windy days being that it could get thru the 85/15 sweater and Ullfrotte' wool that is not windlined. What I really loved was walking to the tree in breathable wool, packing the vest. After 30 minutes to make sure I was cooled off good I would slip on the vest and be good to go. The best part about this vest is the half forearm deep pockets, long tail, and collar that is taller in the back than the front. First year ever with total bow arm string clearance ! Did I tell ya that I really liked the GWW vest ????? JMHO
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2011, 01:38:00 PM »
Thank Terry and Jimmy,

I know I have commented since last fall concerning good camo for shooting (non bulky) and for warmth. Even those I live in the deep south some may think it doesn't get cold here, but i will guarantee you when it 20 and humidy is 90% and you throw in some wind buuurrrr! I'm about 99% persent sold on the predator line and have e-mailed them over the last 2 months and talked with other on the site that deal in their line of camo. So when the funds are in i'm looking to buy    :saywhat:

Offline NoCams

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
John,
Yep, just got back several weeks ago from Chicago and it was 0 to -2 at night with the wind of course. Yes, it was cold but I agree with you.... 10 -15 degrees in the South with our humidity....COLD. I took lots of heavy clothes and got hot in Chicago.

Not sure what color of Predator you had in mind but we are totally sold on Fall Grey. Not been busted visually since we started using it. Now if we could just get the deer to hold still while we put a clothes pin on their nose !!! Even had turkeys come by at 10 yds while Mason and I were perched in the same lone white oak in a clearcut. Never saw us and even came by the side of the tree where we were skylined. No more black blobby Mossy Oak for us.
TGMM  Family of the Bow
"Failure to plan is planned failure"

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
I personally think it's a 50/50 tie between the Predator Fall Grey/Spring Green & ASAT. All 3 are exceptional patterns. I don't own any others these days.
The open pattern & high contrast really break up the human outline. I've never really bought into trying to look like a tree. As long as I don't look like a person (many folks would say I don't need camo for this) I'm happy.
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2011, 05:33:00 PM »
I'm looking at getting the Deception Green for the areas I hunt.  We have a lot of pines and really thick brush that stay green year round.  Also noticed on their site in some of the pic's they mix and match the Brown Deception with the green and the guy literally disappears! Well almost  :laughing:

Offline Lee Slikkers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2011, 09:13:00 PM »
Terry, love the lid and that was my first time looking through your Album...killer collection of photo's and game.  

That Bison rocks but the Ruffed Grouse are pretty impressive as well...   :notworthy:  

Thanks~
~ Lee

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The last word in ignorance is the man who says of an animal or plant: 'What good is it?"
— Aldo Leopold
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Tuttu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
Awesome Camo!  I use the grey for sheep and the green for the deer in the rainforest.

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
ASAT has the claim that if you don't see more game with their camouflage on than you ever have before in your life, that they will buy it back.

I'd like to do a black and white photo comparison with a ghillie suit vs. ASAT. I must admit ASAT would be much easier to move around in. My ghillie suit gets irritating.
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©