3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my sis the anti.....  (Read 598 times)

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
my sis the anti.....
« on: February 27, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
Ok so a few weeks ago I posted a pic that I sent to my sister the anti-hunter remember?  It was me with out any dead animals in it.  Well she was here this weekend I have not seen her in 4 years.  It was great to see her but she did bust my chops a little about hunting..  Well after dinner we were in our family room and she looked at my 10 point whitetail mount and with a tear in her eye she said,  "How sad".

Now my poll question is this;
Do I tell her that the meat she  just ate and enjoyed was whitetail?
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my sis the anti.....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2011, 07:53:00 PM »
I'd tell her he's the one she just had for supper.

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »
heck yeah i would tell her, sister or not i would love to see the look on her face. what i just ate that poor deer bahahahahahaha   :laughing:
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Online Ken Babicky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
That's a good one (lol!). Sorry, I couldn't help but get a good chuckle out of it. Just being me, I would probably find a way for her to "find out" on her own, so to speak...

Offline broketooth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2011, 07:56:00 PM »
sorry for the double post but does she wear leather shoes and leather belts. if so she doesn't have an argument. ruddy
" you have done well to keep your hair when so many are after it"

Offline ChrisM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Na don't tell her, Family is more important than a good laugh.  You would just come off as a jerk.
JMHO
Gods greatest command:  Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2011, 08:04:00 PM »
Kinda reminds me of the saying... "If I need to explain, you wouldn't understand."

After all, if she ate at your house wouldn't she expect to eat some kind of game meat? JMHO

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline greyghost

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2011, 08:06:00 PM »
No pole needed for me. Yes I would tell her but in a positive way from her point of enjoying a fine meal and that meat is meat. She may be an anti-hunter (I respect that) but at least she enjoys a meat dinner no matter what the animal.

Just not in a way that would come off to her from you like well you just ate the meat from that deer, ha ha.

Remember take her statement and approach it from there "how sad"

Glad you seen her after 4 years. Hope both sides sees each others convictions and the bonds are shared.

Earl

Offline sswv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2011, 08:07:00 PM »
did the same today after Church with a friends 27 year old daughter. she claims she'll NEVER eat deer meat but man did she ever woof down that meatloaf, made from deer burger. I didn't tell her YET.

Offline stikbowshooter2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I would tell her as well.

Online freeman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
I'd tell her it was deer. Even if it wasn't.

Offline nkw880

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
my sister is an anti she grew up her whole life around it but she will still eat the meat if we are making it how funny
martin hunter 62" 55#
74 Kodiak Magnum 52" 45#
Tomahawk SS 64" 57#

Offline Wiley Coyote

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
That is so sad, to have an anti as a close relative. Perhaps she will see the light some day!  :pray:
Great Northern Bushbow
Super Shrew Delux
Talon Longbow
Chekmate Hunter Recurve

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
i would tell my sis in a second and laugh my butt off.  i try all the time to trick her into eating animals i took. she isnt a anti just doesnt want to eat any animal i personally took (i dont get it).  she seemed to be enjoying the fried venison i made until my dad told her, then see spit it out
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2011, 08:20:00 PM »
At first I thought no. Then I thought, wow she just ate meat killed by someone.  I wonder if a full-body mount of a calf would be as cute?

The world is more real than she wants to admit. A reality bite (pun intended) might be good for her.

Offline Tree Rat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
If she eats meat she has no reasonable reason to exclude hunting.

Ask her which choice would she prefer?

1) living almost completely free of any danger under the following circumstances. You will stay in your house (with a very small yard) never leave your proprety and will definitely be killed by your 20th birthday

OR

2) Live completely free to go where you want, do what you want, with the added risk of any and all danger that is out there, and your life may end at 4 months, 80 years, or anywhere in between.
Not all Squirrels are nuts....

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2011, 08:35:00 PM »
I come from a family that ate everything we harvested! My sister who is the oldest, was leary of anything we ate. She wouldn't eat ANYTHING we harvested. My mother normally made her something different. My father and I got a couple Canadian geese one time and my mom made a great meal with them. My sister comes home from work after we get done with dinner and sits down to eat. She must have been tired because she never asked what it was. She gorged herself telling my mom who good dinner was. A week later my dad tells her that the great meal she ate was the geese we shot. She runs towards the bathroom saying she was going to be sick.  How terribly rediculaus is that to act like what you ate a week ago, that you raved about is now puke worthy! I raise chickens and would much rather eat a wild pheasant.
GLENN

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Yes, tell her. People often don't realize (or choose to ignore) how food is manufactured.  You will never make her a pro-hunting type, but perhaps she will realize that if we eat meat, an animal must die. If she can accept that simple fact then maybe she can accept that hunting does have a proper place in this world.

Don't "throw it in her face" or ridicule her for eating meat while opposing hunting. Simply try to show her the inevitable connection between one animal dying that another may live. Make a logical, rational staement of fact but don't argue with her. She will either see the light or she won't.  Meanwhile, remain steadfast in the  enjoyment of providing some of your own sustenance.
Sam

Offline Jmatt1957

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2011, 08:39:00 PM »
I have a Sister that is the exact same way. I put up with it for 30 some years. Now her son ( nephew)is big time into whitetails with trad equipment.Oh family get togethers are soooo much fun.

Offline bigugly1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2011, 08:43:00 PM »
I will never feed venison to anyone I know is against it. I have nothing to prove and would not bask in their ignorance. If I didn't like eating beef just because I thought eating a captive animal was wrong and someone gave me it without my knowledge I'd be pissed and have every right to be.  Just my view on it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©