3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: my sis the anti.....  (Read 596 times)

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: my sis the anti.....
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
Definitely tell her but discreetly. You gain nothing in an argument.

"Sis.., where did your shoes & belt come from? Would you believe several thousand deer slowly starve each winter even in the south? More deer in the US today than ever before. We both love Bambi.... mine right next to my mashed potatoes...just like you! Ain't that something?"
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
If she's really that adamant about you killing deer, AND you want to keeper her for a sister, then I would have to say no.

It will keep peace in the family and no harm to you.

Remember without family you have nothing.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Depends on whether or not you want to see her for another 4 years. Seriously though, I think that it was really poor judgement to feed her something that you were reasonably sure would upset her. I don't think that telling her would be a good idea.

Offline hvyhitter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
I never "trick" anyone into eating game I killed. When you do, all you do is cause mistrust and anger. Even if they did like it they will probably never trust anything you serve again and never eat game again as a matter of principal. I get more "animal rights" and 95% "vegetarian" friends to try venison as being "organic" and "free range". They will usually try it with an open mind and usually will eat it again. AND....they have a more open mind about hunting and will be more suportive when hunting issues come up and defend my right to hunt against some of their other friends..
Bowhunting is "KILL and EAT" not "Catch and Release".....Semper Fi!

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2011, 09:15:00 PM »
Why bother telling her-is it a contest of some kind and that makes you a 'winner'. Who cares? She won't understand anyway.

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2011, 09:25:00 PM »
he## yes tell her. You are who you are.

doug77

Offline gobblegrunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
Tough one. I love my sister, but I hafta say, if she had nerve to stand in my house looking at a 10pt mount (that she knew I was proud of) with a tear in her eye, and say "so sad"...I think I'd have the nerve enough clue her in to the fact that she just enjoyed a wonderfully lean piece of venison. Venison from a deer taken in a more humane fashion than the cow that provided her with her hamburger that she ate at Applebees the night before.

I loved the pic that you sent her shown in your previous thread, by the way!    :thumbsup:
"It's not about inches or antlers..."     ~Bill Langer

Offline Froggy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2011, 09:35:00 PM »
gobblegrunter and me would get along real well... don't have to be mean about it, just state the facts...
TGMM  >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
I think it's time your sister realized where her food comes from,just do it in a gentle manner.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline PAPA BEAR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
i'd tell her for sure...then tell her it was rump roast to boot...   :biglaugh:    :laughing:    :laughing:
IT'S NEVER WRONG TO DO WHATS RIGHT AND NEVER RIGHT TO DO WHATS WRONG.....LOU HOLTZ

Offline stalkin4elk

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »
Tell her of the pure organic protein renewable resource that is abundant due to hunter conservation(Pittman-Robertson Act) which also fights poaching. Then remind her that we are alive today as a direct result of animal research. At some point we all had vaccinations, antibiotics.dental work,surgical injury repair,cancer treatment,etc,etc. All of the above and more were extensively studied on amimals before humans.

Offline 30pointbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by bigugly1:
I will never feed venison to anyone I know is against it. I have nothing to prove and would not bask in their ignorance. If I didn't like eating beef just because I thought eating a captive animal was wrong and someone gave me it without my knowledge I'd be pissed and have every right to be.  Just my view on it.
I agree.
Dale

IF YOU DON'T STAND BEHIND OUR TROOPS, FEEL FREE TO STAND IN FRONT OF THEM.

Offline ti-guy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »
putting gas on the fire,is it worth it? What will you gain ? Some people believe so hard in what they are in( drugs,religion,politics,antis or what so ever)that you CAN'T convince them.
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Offline SEMO_HUNTER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 10:01:00 PM »
Well the plain simple fact that she does eat meat just says it all. I know she's your sister and all, but she's just like 99% of all Liberals out there.......she's a hypocrit.
Also like Ruddy said, if she uses any products made from animals such as leather, she doesn't have an arguement.

If the SHTF tomorrow and the fabric of society ceased to exsist as we know it, she and many others like her would be the first ones to starve, unless they were taken in and provided for by hunters like yourself and us. That's just fact.
~Varitas Vos Liberabit~ John 8:32

Offline Greg Dearth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 10:02:00 PM »
I wouldn't hesitate for a second. Tell her and enjoy the response. I did this with my sister inlaw once and it was priceless.She's not anti hunter but it was great all the same.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
My wife is weird in a strange way; she grew up on game meat. She will eat squirrel brains if her brother or someone else kills it. But, if I kill any game she will cook it and that meat will not touch her lips. So it leaves more for me. The kids are so far unaffected with this disease. LOL

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2011, 10:14:00 PM »
I bet she eats beef,pork,chicken and fish without a second thought.So why not venison?Is it hunting she's against or just eating those cute innocent little deer?Yup,I'd tell her.How you tell her depends on how good your relationship is.If it was me(but it's not)I'd tell her halfway through a tour of a slaughterhouse.Hey...she started it...

Offline portugeejn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
Your chances of changing her mind by saying something about it are nill.  It could make her even more upset and activist then she is now.  If you were set up like that, wouldn't you be upset and more likely to work harder to convince others to come to your way of thinking?

I am in a similar situation, but she is my sister, I am her brother, and we agree to disagree.  And in my case, there is nothing that she can say that would change my mind,and vice-versa.  

It would be like beating a dead horse (BEATING, not eating   :deadhorse:   )

RonP

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2011, 10:32:00 PM »
Ha ha Joe your a Snake    :biglaugh:

get her to Confirm how good it was then tell her
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline deadpool

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
tell her and make sure you have a camera ready!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©