3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Antelope season starts in 39 days  (Read 926 times)

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Antelope season starts in 39 days
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
Tracy,

Listen my amigo. Will I have to take you by the hand and personally guide you and cook for you and clean for you and tuck you in to bed each night like I had to do for GURU last year? Will I have to put up your treestand, place your blinds and even call in a big goat for you as well? I even had to use my brand new knife to dress out GURU's deer and antelope...Will I have to once again take you to all my best spots so you can shoot a P&Y buck like I did for GURU? Hmmm...Hint...I love Bourbon and good cigars.

See ya in Augusto me Amigo

Offline Paul/KS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »
Hmmm,I knew Tracy was "high maintenance" but did not know just how much care and feeding he required....you guys have fun on your hunts.At least I'll be able to go to Mojam.  :)

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
Hey now you big muscle head mocho dude!!
We can tuck are selfs in just fine and believe it or not I can cook some too.I was just letting you feel all important and trying to learn some of your'e Montana cooking secrets.And it worked to when you showed us you and Paul's way to cook deer steak,That was yummy.

Don't worry when you come to Kansas this fall the stands and blinds will all be up.If you want I can lead you by the hand too I don't want you to feel cheated.Get ready for some great hunting and I will even gut your'e deer for ya.

Looking forward to August  ;)  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Blah,blah,blah........Let's get a couple things straight right here and now!

You did do a heck of a job cooking up in the mountains,but you had other things on your mind come bed time     :scared:  

I put the tree stand up and it was my blind(that came back with 3 broken poles)    :knothead:    

But you certainly did bring me to all(almost) of your best spots!!    :thumbsup:      :thumbsup:    

You opened your home and heart...and I appreciate all you did for me ....luv ya bud.....

I sure wish I could join you guys on this one,but I couldn't do both MT and KS......

If all goes as planned the "Three Amigos" will be together again in KS this November!!!

Counting the days.......

But I plan to attack MT next year...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »
So, Mr Iacavazzi,(Thats pronounced Yakka- vahzee for those out there that can't sort it out!) what do you consider a good cigar? Cohivas? Personally, I wouldn't know a good cigar if it was chewing on my leg but hey anybody that'll hook fellas up like you're doing has earned a few stogies in my estimation.
 What kinda bourbon you like to sip? We're gonna need something to toast the fallen pronghorns around the campfire, you know.
 Chris
There sure is alot of air around a squirrel...eeyup.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
Dang Chris I was hoping you would know something about cigars because I don't have a clue.  :knothead:  
Maybe if we get Pete to drink enough bourbon he won't notice the differance.

Sure wish you could be there to Curt,It won't be the same.But hopefully come November the Kansas whitetails will be in big trouble around here and some turkeys too
  :D  

And yes,Pete did show us some awsome country and an awful good time didn't he.Hopefully I can return the favor here in Kansas.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
ttt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2007, 04:30:00 PM »
Ok some things are true. Yes, I make a heck of a deer steak "ala Schaf". Yes, I did break 3 poles in Gurus double bull blind. But hey some guys (appearently me) cannot figure out the 7 second set up. It took me 30 minutes and 3 broken poles with the help of 2 other Montana guys!! But that is another story!

As for cigars...A Cohiba is pretty sweet. Bourbons? I really love Woodford Reserve but will certainly drink JD any time.

OK Guru did put up the stand (my stand) but I picked the tree (or at least thats my story) and yes, I'm sticking with it. Ok, so he did buy me a beautiful, I mean gorgeous Doug Campbell knife. But he got it all dirty with blood and stuff from all the critters he shot out here..(In my really sweet spots).

KS Trapper single handedly reduced the eastern MT rabbit population in half! Than proceeded to out shoot me with his homemade longbow! As if that wasn't enough Guru had to photograph the largest Black Bear in the history of Montana (That I let walk right out of our lives). But, thank fully Guru has preserved the moment so I never forget it!

Yes, I did have to tuck them both in and tell them bedtime stories. Note to anyone who ever hunts with Guru...Don't ever plan on sleeping in! This guy is up before the "rooster".

Now I am adding the Minute Man to my list of non-resident "Misfits". Minute Man, I say that lovingly!

So, be advised after I get a big goat for Minute Man and KS Trapper (AKA Momma P). I am heading to Kansas in November...where KS promises me a big Whitetail. But, I'm sure I'll have to first help Guru drag his big buck out!

Ah... the saga never ends my compadres...

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2007, 09:33:00 PM »
Well Tracy, we better take it easy on Pete so he doesn't have any excuses to stay in bed too long in the mornin!  Just razzin' ya Pete. Can't wait to meet ya.
 We will have him outnumbered you know,Tracy! I sure do enjoy some biscuits and sausage gravy in the mornin. Anybody able to make biscuits over a coleman stove?
 Hey don't forget about Shawn, Pete. That'll be 3 P&Y pronghorn bucks please. Hold the tomato and yes we'd like fries with that!
 Chris

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
Thats the good thing about antelope hunting,You can always take a nap in the blind.You just got to make sure your'e partner dosn't eat your'e lunch while you sleep.

As far as ganging up on ol Pete,Don't forget he is a black belt,Jujitsu,Kickboxer,College wrestler and football champion and makes a living at teaching other people how to defend them selfs.
Three is not enough!!!

Yeah,I can fix biscuits and gravy but not as good as my wife.We would be better off with pancakes and sausage but I will see what I can do.Besides everything tastes better when you cook over a open fire in my tipi,Maybe we can get Pete to cook some Pronghorn steak.

Tracy

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
If Pete eats my lunch I guess I'll just have to be hungry , or remove all his broadheads  while he's nappin'! As far as the gravy goes I can cook that just have never made biscuits without an oven before. Dutch oven maybe?
 It'll be cool to set up and use a tipi in an area where they were used originally by the indian folks. With the wind out there we'll have to make sure we stake the rope down inside well.
 Can't wait to get out there!
 69 days til I fly!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Forgot to mention that Pete makes some of the best coffee in Montana too.   :campfire:  

Tracy

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Don't believe the hype!!!    The toughest man in MT cooked us breakfast at his ranch house. He told me he's way tougher than Pete cause he don't wear tights like Pete does     :scared:    :banghead:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Minuteman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2007, 09:22:00 PM »
Pete wears Tights?  :scared:  Oh man what did I sign up for?   :confused:  Course superman wore tights, then so do mimes normally, guess I'll just have to wait and see. As long as Pete isn't a superhero mime I'll be ok.  ;)  
  Yeah, Tracy you better give him his own tipi.   :p    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »
Ah yes... the whole tight incident. Lets just say that Superman does in fact wear tights and yes, so do I...

Guru is right. According to legend there are actually two tuffer dudes in Montana. Ol' Arnie and the one lil' Roseland (at least they think they're tuff).

Minute man and KS, get working on your biscuit recipe. I love biscuits and honey with my sweet Montana camp coffee.

Peace out

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
Nobody else going Antelope hunting???

Feel free to show some pictures just to get us warmed up  :D  

Tracy  :archer:

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
Ok, here ya go!!! Early august, 2006...NE of Walden, Colorado!

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2007, 03:13:00 PM »

Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2007, 03:14:00 PM »
My favorite...hope to see one this good at me waterhole, in Wyoming!

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2007, 05:58:00 PM »
Nice pictures Brad,I can smell the sage now.Thanks

Tracy

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©