3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Howdy from Arkansas  (Read 526 times)

Offline Bowwild

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Howdy from Arkansas
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 06:45:00 PM »
Great to have you on board. Congratulations on having one of the restored elk herds in the eastern United States.

Offline tradshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Welcome to the Trad Gang and to Traditional Archery! If you can hook up with some local Trad. shooters they can help you with form and give you the chance to try different bows. Don't go to heavy in poundage, because you can develop bad form and not shoot accurately. You can always work up in poundage if you feel a need to. As you shoot different bows you will probably find one that feels right to you and that's the one. A 45# bow is a good place to start where you have been shooting a 60# compound. You will be amazed at what a 45# bow can do and then go from there. This is a great web site to get help from and ask questions, so dive right in and again, it's great to have you on board!

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I can already see that a person needs to make a wise choice first off because this can get expensive in a hurry if you choose wrong and have to start again a time or three.  I am also starting to get a feel for at least what my eye likes in a recurve bow form shopping around today on the Inet

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Don, I PMed you my cell number so you can give me a call sometime.

Offline far rider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 08:19:00 PM »
Welcome, glad you joined us!
Noli rogare pro onia pauciora, rogate pro scapulas latiores.

I go afield with bent wood, stick and string in search of serenity  through my primal quest.

Venatôr

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 08:54:00 PM »
Sounds like you need a 64" bow to start off in low 40# area develope good form first,get a 3 piece if you can ,and get heavier limbs next year.LOTS OF DEER KILLED WITH 40LB BOWS,and remember you got that 30" draw will add 4 to 5 lbs DRAW FORCE to your bow, glad to have you I'am down west of Hot Springs.

Offline Winterhawk1960

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Hey Cuz,

It was GREAT talking to you again and getting caught up on "life's happenings". I'll keep in touch and one of these days were gonna have to get together and shoot a few.   :archer2:  

Winterhawk1960
What if you woke up tomorrow, with only what you thanked God for today ???

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
arky, I have gotten some great advice today thus far and I will be looking for a 62-64 inch bow at around the 43 to 47 pound range.  I would really like to get a Dakota bow since he is from our area.  I will be looking really hard for a ready to buy one of those in the near future since it takes too long to get one built up before the season comes in to make my practice time perhaps not nearly enough to be effective.  You are about two hours of me.  You must be near to Mt Ida.

Offline SimpleMan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:00 PM »
If you can get down to Little Rock, look up Archer's Advantage.  They has a very good selection of traditional bows.  You can find anything from $200 to $2,0000.  They have always worked well for me and are more than willing to let you try any thing out there on their indoor range.
Know God, Know Peace!

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 05:35:00 AM »
abowhunr I'am between Hot Springs and Glenwood on hwy 70,Dakota is a very fine bow...good luck on your journey into traditional archery all it takes is time...

Offline ArkyBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
Welcome.   There is a really good trad bow shop in Little Rock called Archers Advantage,  tons of longbows and recurves.  Jerrell is very knowledgeable and is a good Guy to deal with.  Remember to start light and work your way up.

BOB
"There are some that can live without wild things, and some that cannot."  -  Aldo Leopold

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2011, 09:06:00 AM »
Little Rock is a 3 hour drive for me from my place.

Keep yalls eyes out for a Dakota bow in 62-64 inch and 43 to 48 pounds.  I will be looking hard for one in the near term future.

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
arky714, I passthrough that area quite often as I have a deer lease near Magnolia and I go through glenwood to get there.

Offline Two Arrows

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Hi abowhunr! Wow, is this a blast from the past! I remember you from another bowhunting site from the 90's. You, winterhawk, tumbleweed, susieq, jimbo along with many others were regulars there. Good to see you found this place!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2011, 10:18:00 AM »
Winterhawk called me up last night and we had a good chat on the phone.  Tumbleweed contacts me via email now and again, but that is about all who I have kept in contact with.  Quad died a few years back in case you didn't know that.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
abowhunr let me know when you come through Glenwood I got a place to shoot...

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2011, 10:56:00 AM »
I will be passing through Glenwood the weekend of March 12th on my way to deer camp, but I will have people with me on this trip.

Offline arky714

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
We will be have a arrow 2 camp out on Lake Ouachita,during turkey season it will be at Crystal Springs Campground come on down hunt fish shoot a bow with us..Go to the arkansas site ...it has more info...will be pleanty of bows around to try out....all good guys..

Offline abowhunr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
I will certainly try to make it to the camp if at all possible.

Offline Jerry Bellmyer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
How far are you from crow creek bows made by elmer patton?   he's in Ark...go shoot some.
Leon Stewart 3 piece TD "Slammer" 62" 54lbs
Black Widow PCHX 60" 53 lbs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©