3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Novelty Shots ?  (Read 378 times)

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
Novelty Shots ?
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Any Ideas on some cool Ideas for novelties that the Wheels can participate in ? Our Club is 75% Traditional Archers But we have More than a few Compound shooters that come to our Events. I'm looking for something that will not leave out anyone. and we can all enjoy  :help:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Novelty Shots ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 10:29:00 PM »
We tried the Eagle eye but the kids could not join in the fun. Im thinking about useing a bigger dot for them next time!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
MOUSE TRAP ARCHERY:
 I had a trough that a golf ball ran down(gravity), after you dropped it.
It would run down and hit a set mouse trap that was glued to the bottom of it.

The mouse trap doflotchie had a string tied to it that ran to a playing card, pinned on the excelsior bales. When the trap went off, the card would be snatched off the target butt.

You had to drop the ball yourself and then shoot your arrow and nail the playing card before it was snatched off.     :bigsmyl:    

I give credit to some website, I believe Texas Archers or something. It is a huge site, full of interesting material.

I'm sorry that I can't remember the name of the site. Someone here should know and maybe have a link.

We had a lot of fun and you should be better than the compound guys.
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline Woodduck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 01:14:00 AM »
Here it is:
   http://www.texasarchery.org/Documents/funshoot/funshootideas.htm

There are several fun ideas there.  :)
Happy trails....   ('till we meet again, Dale Evans Rogers)
>>>--a kindred spirit--->     (got that from Fred Anderson)

North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »
"We had a lot of fun and you should be better than the compound guys."
That is the stuff I'm looking for thanks!
Mike

:thumbsup:
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline robslifts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 09:31:00 AM »
we had a spinning card target powered by a very slow turning motor that was fun put that at twenty yards  (or twenty two just to keep them off of those even yardages)
St. Joe River Bows

Offline hunt4life

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
a shape of a deer cut out in steel with a 4 inch hole in the vital with a proper backstop behind. you make it through the hole, good shot. you miss, you lose an arrow.

Offline Dan Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 10:10:00 AM »
The mouse trap golf ball thing is a ball. The only issue I saw was if you didn't set it up right the CP shooters could draw and be aiming before they ever let the ball go.

HA!! The one pictured at the link is the same one I shot. This is first shot of three consecutive hits.

Offline rybohunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
I've been at shoots that stuck an apple on a manequin head. And I've shot at a candle flame. Actually saw a guy put it out with his 2nd or 3rd shot.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 02:14:00 PM »
Wow!! I like these!! The wheels are turning! punn intended. Mike
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline Tom A

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
If you want the compounds to shoot make sure there is good back stop and 0 chance of destroying an arrow.

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 05:04:00 PM »
I like the playing cards on a turning wheel powered by a cordless drill,definitely a good backstop, I just din't want to leave anyone out  and at the same time show off some traditional shooting. Mike
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline UKarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 05:39:00 PM »
I shot one once that I've been meaning to build myself. It's a wooden frame with 4" squares of plywood suspended inside. The squares are fixed by string in the middle of the top and bottom edges. The top string is attached to a party popper clipped to the top of the frame, and the bottom string is attached to the bottom of the frame. If you hit the square dead in the centre, the force of the shot pulls the string attached to the party popper and sets it off. If you don't hit it in the centre, the square just spins
Graham

Offline John Nail

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 06:13:00 PM »
leaf blower. connect about a foot of string to it and a foam ball. Put the leaf blower down behind a piece of plywood and let the ball "dance" about 6" above the plywood.
Is it too late to be what I could have been?

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
WoW!!
Some cool stuff! Keep em Comming!
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 04:00:00 PM »
Thanks for the pm.
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline TRADITIONAL ONLY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »
make a V-shaped trough and make it so that you can adjust the angle and start out with a basketball thats deflated a little at  close range, then make the targets smaller (smaller balls like soccer balls, get creative) , and increase the angle, and move farther out, make it harder to hit...

i just came up with that one actually, its probably been done, still though it would be a good idea...
If its brown its down; thats my motto.

"The great questions of the day are decided... by blood and iron"  Otto von Bismark

Offline fireman_3311

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 08:52:00 AM »
A buddy and I built a 3/4" plywood base, 3' square, and about 12" tall...inside, or underneath, we mounted an electric motor, and gear reducer, with the drive shaft sticking up thru the center of the base...Then we rigged it so we could mount a full strut turkey target on top....It also has a rheostat, to control the speed of the spinning...put a nail in the center of the kill zone, see who gets closest!!!

Another fun game is simple tic tac toe, on the big square target butts...

OR, a running target....our club has a running Javelina...someone rigged up a trolley system, attached to the back of the pig, with eye bolts, and it hangs on a long length of cable, and it runs downhill for about 40 yds...gets some good speed when it hits the shooting lane! Tie a rope to the trolley, to pull it back uphill for the next run!
Official Measurer for Boone and Crockett, Pope and Young, Compton's, Longhunters, and both Mo books.  Have tape, will travel!!!

Offline tamure

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
The running target is fun. A club around here has a flying pig. It's a bright pink pig with wings, hooked up on a trolley system like fireman describes above. It has a rope so you can pull it back up to the top from the shooting stake. Cracks me up. I love that target.
Directions: Hike, camp, hunt, fish, wash, rinse, repeat.

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »
We use a "running" Barney.  Just buy a stuffed Barney at a garage sale, hook him to a cable and trolley.  Add weight to make it run faster.
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©