3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Caribow  (Read 505 times)

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Caribow
« on: March 04, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
Going to buy a longbow in the next few weeks after my selfbow died Been looking at Abe Penners bows and would like some opinions.Looking at his 60 inch longbow.
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Caribow
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 11:25:00 AM »
Don't hesistate!

Offline fz4vgq

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
I don't currently own one nor have I......... yet. A Cari-Bow Wolverine is on my short list of must have bows. I shot alot of bows at the Kalamazoo expo and Abes bows really impressed me !

Offline TRAD101

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
I have the peregrine and the wolverine and love them both. Abe's workmanship is second to none.
the wolverine is my tree stand bow, the peregrine is for everything else. they shoot about the same.If you go with a cari-bow take advantage of the antler accents they really dress up a bow.

Offline K2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 01:25:00 PM »
Great bows from a great man and bowyer.  Ken

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
What I know about Abe Penner is all good. Never seen or shot one of his bows, but from what I've heard they are great. Of course I can say the same about the "Shrew" bows. Neither of these bowyers ever make it across the Red River. Our loss I imagine. Course I seldom cross the "Red" myself unless heading out to hunt.

Offline George Vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
I own three of Abe's longbows-- one Featherhorn, two Silver Fox.  Plus two recurves.  All a great performing bows, and pretty to look at as well.

Offline BillW

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2011, 02:08:00 PM »
I had a recurve. It was one of those bows I've owned that was so pretty I was afraid I would scratch it. Ha Ha. It shot and pointed well. I liked the grip a lot. It was not a fast bow but it was stable, well built and like Bill Turner, I've never heard a bad comment about Abe.

Bill
Aim Small

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Think I will probably pull the trigger and spend some money if I have any left after I get my taxes done tomorrow morning,and think it is going to be ok
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Cold Weather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
he makes fine bows and I really like the options he has with wood burning.
Fox High Sierra
Wes Wallace Mentor
Palmer Custom Carbon
Jim Brackenbury Drifter
21 Century Earth Longbow

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Abe's daughter lives in the Sherman/Denison area just south of the Red River on I-75 about 75 miles North of Dallas. He needs to come for a visit and bring a few bows. He could probably pay for his trip. I would definitely drive to Sherman/Denison to shoot one of his bows. They sure are pretty.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
Awesome bows. Abe and his wife are nice people to talk bows with. I also like the Wolverine and the Slynx models. Good shooters and the beavertail grip is excellent.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Sheepshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
I've had my Cari-bow taiga takedown recurve for 11 years and it's still the only bow I hunt with. I will never get rid of it.

Offline frank the hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I have two silver foxs love them great bows

Offline canadian

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
The Peregrin is my go to bow.  I really want to try a Silver Fox.
murph

Offline Passage

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2011, 06:50:00 PM »
Have owned Tundra Wolves, Silver Fox, Featherhorn and Taiga.  Great shooting bows, superior craftsmanship and Abe and Tina are great to deal with.

Offline Hunter 709

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
I own a Tuktu, and have shot a Wolverine and a Silver Fox. I haven't shot a Cari-bow that I didn't like, the grips are awesome. I wish I owned more of Abes bows. I don't think you will be disappointed with any model that Abe offers. Good luck.

Here is a picture of my diamond riser Tuktu with cocobolo and wenge wood in the riser.

Earl

"Now then, get your weapons, your quiver and bow, and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me" Genesis 27:3

Offline Roots

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2011, 09:21:00 PM »
Have a snowbird and wolverine longbow, they are finely crafted and great shooting bows.

Offline R. W. Mackey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
I have one of his new Lynx models on order, he has been great to work with, just 2 more months to wait. He sent me one of his bows to try out,I was very inpressed with the craftsmanship, love the thumb rest.
His daughter lives in Paris, Texas by the way.

RW
Don't practice until you get something RIGHT.  Practice until you Can't do it WRONG.  Dave Rorem

Online rastaman

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2011, 10:08:00 PM »
i've owned them all but a Silver Fox.  The Peregrine is right up there performance wise with any of the other "high performance" bows that are on the market.  The craftsmanship is superb, and working with Abe is a pleasure!  i have two Peregrines and one of them is usually in my hand when i go to the woods!
TGMM Family of the Bow

:archer:                                               

Randy Keene
"Life is precious and so are you."  Marley Keene

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©